The Roommate

Park Chanyeol vs. Her 7 Exes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

I didnt have time to proofread this, so i'm sorry in advance if you ever find typos or grammar mistakes and the likes.

sorry to keep you waiting as well:(

anyways, enjoy the chapter <3

Silence. The only thing that happened between Eunji and Chanyeol as they munched on their lunch was silence. That was something the guy had expected when he asked the girl for a meet-up after a few days of treating each other with silence as well.

Neither of them was awkward, however, they were just not sure about what to talk. The past couple of months had been one hell of a ride and the two had very different thoughts about it which they’d like to keep only to themselves. Yet, the similar feeling they shared was glad and relieved for they were still by each other’s side—though not at all times—even when it all ended.

“Ah . . . it’s rain—”

“Please don’t talk about the weather,” Eunji cut him off right away as she finally, eventually, fixed her eyes on him after a long span of staring out the window. He looked away instead of holding her gaze which was something he should have done.

“—ing,” he continued in a barely audible voice. It had been raining heavily as soon as they stepped into the restaurant which was near Eunji’s campus so she could get here easy and quick. But even halfway into their meal, no proper conversation had been shared.

Chanyeol’s eyes followed water droplets on the window. He started to speak again, suggesting, “Hot chocolate, warm blanket, and cuddles would be nice.”

The girl held back a smile while she poked around the remaining food on her plate with her fork. She looked up, “That actually sounds pretty lovely.”

“Shall we go?” He grinned from ear to ear. If only he knew how to make himself look less creepy.

“Sure.” Eunji chuckled.

-

Even when the clock struck midnight, signaling the start of a new day, the two lovebirds were still snuggling with each other on the couch watching cheesy rom-com movies while snacking on the many takeouts they ordered a few hours earlier.

The person who packed their food must have thought that their orders would be eaten by many people as there were at least 7 chopsticks which wrapper was left unopened and untouched.

Chanyeol circled his arm around Eunji and she let her head rest against his chest where she could hear the loud palpitation of his heart. Though it had been a while since he confirmed that their feelings were mutual, an official label of what phase their relationship’s in was still vague. He didn’t care much about it looking at the situation he was in right now; he’d rather be grateful with whatever there was now rather than nothing at all.

He then grabbed the tteokbokki on the table and started to dig into it again when he had said he’d stop just 5 minutes ago. “We’ve eaten a lot,” Eunji uttered, matter-of-factly, “We should stop.”

“The tteokbokki is really good, I can’t stop eating,” Chanyeol replied with his mouth still full. “Just one more.” He shoved another few pieces of the rice cake and then put down the plastic bowl back on the coffee table he put his legs on. It wasn’t like Eunji would be interested, but still, he told her, “You know I’m supposed to be having a new roommate today.”

“Oh? What happened to the old one?”

After gulping down a glass of water, he told her that, “He decided to move somewhere nearer to his girlfriend’s place.”

“Awh, that’s so cute.”

Chanyeol wasn’t sure with the emphasizing Eunji put into the word so. ‘Is she really saying it’s cute, or is it creepy?’

He had thought about living closer to where his future lover would be living. Though, as it turned out, this future lover lived in the same building as his ex so he instantly crossed out the option. He didn’t want to risk running into Sooyoung while holding hands with Eunji in the elevator.

“Should I do the same thing?” he jokingly asked.

“NO!” she exclaimed right away, surprising Chanyeol. “N-no,” she repeated in a calmer tone, lower voice, “Y-you don’t have to.”

“I was just joking,” he chuckled nervously, “Don’t take it too seriously.” Then he wondered why she went so tense in his embrace.

-

Chanyeol and Jongin were present at home when their new roommate arrived that afternoon. The new boy was only in his early 20s, the same age the latter.

“Hi, good afternoon,” Jongin greeted first.

“Hello,” his full lips curled up, smiling toward the two boys that he’d be seeing a lot soon. He had this accent that was an obvious hint to which city he came from. “I’m Kang Seungyoon, and I’m from Busan.”

“Ah . . . ,” Chanyeol nodded as he registered the boy’s face in his head, “Hi there.” He offered his hand to Seungyoon who took it right away. “I’m Park Chanyeol.”

“And I’m Kim Jongin,” the said person offered his hand to Seungyoon as well. “Chanyeol right here is the oldest, so . . . .”

“Then I shall call you hyung,” Seungyoon suggested.

Chanyeol shook his head and told him that, “I don’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter