Emergency

Park Chanyeol vs. Her 7 Exes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-

“Eunji-ya . . . .” Chanyeol’s voice came out as a low whisper, like he’s trying hard not to disturb the girl sitting in front of her desk, trying to finish all of her assignments due tomorrow morning, or he’s just not sure whether to ask her what’s in his head. He shifted into a sitting position on the small couch in front of the TV.

“Yeah?” Without the slightest bit looking up from her laptop, Eunji responded.

It was already his third or fourth time—he couldn’t remember—in her new place and he’s more than just pleased to be invited over again. “Have you found out who have been sending you that tea?” The topic must have aroused Eunji’s interest as she now had her full attention on the guy.

“Why did you suddenly ask me that?” What she didn’t know is that it wasn’t just a sudden question that popped up in his head at the moment, he’d been bothered by it for a couple of weeks back now. She realized Chanyeol somehow noticed her uneasiness that she tried to act usual.

“Nothing,” Chanyeol shrugged along with a light chuckle, “Just wondering who’d been so nice to you as to send you tea over.”

“I almost forgot someone did.” No. That was a lie, she had never forgotten. It was always in her head but she was too disturbed by the thought of the sender that she would rather pretend it never happened. “What would you like for dinner?” He’d been in her home for a few hours now and the sun had set down, earlier than usual since it was autumn.

“Anything, really.” Chanyeol didn’t care. All he wanted to know if the Jeong Eunji who was in the same room as him is the same Jeong Eunji that was once his flat-mate’s sweetheart from high school.

“Should we order take-out or should we go out?” Eunji got off her chair and stood up, stretching her body in a quick motion before proceeding to take her glasses off and setting them on the desk. “Let’s just go out. I’m sick of being in this cramped room.”

So they eventually went out to find dinner. The walk was rather quiet as they both had some stuff going about in their own heads yet none would want to share it with the other. Eunji, especially, prefer to keep it to herself and never let anyone know. Chanyeol’s had enough of her past, she thought.
“Hey,” Chanyeol called out to a blank face Eunji. The girl looked to her side. “Are you actually hungry?”

Eunji’s a little confused at the question but eventually answered, “Uhmm, not really, honestly. Are you? If you are, we can still get something to eat, nevertheless. I don’t mind eating.” She ended with a little chuckle that was made up.

“No,” Chanyeol shook his head, “I have something else in mind.”

Seeing his wide grin, Eunji, too, grinned. And that made him glad inside, that he’s seeing her genuine smile again. “That’s sounds tempting.”

-

What Chanyeol had in mind wasn’t something Eunji could have expected. He is full of surprises, but she just never thought it’d be that surprising. The sound of roaring engine was heard throughout the street in front of their apartment building. “Wow,” escaped . “Where on earth did you get that?”

Her eyes were fixed on a black motor bike, the expensive imported kind of big bike. “My friend owns this,” Chanyeol answered as he offered Eunji a matching black helmet, “Thought I could borrow this for a while before he goes home after he close his store down at twelve tonight.”

So if by any means things get suddenly awkward, one of them could use the reason to escape and go back home. “Are you ready?” asked Chanyeol when he felt Eunji had settled behind him.

“So ready.” He didn’t remember the last time he felt her utter excitement.

When the vehicle came to a start and went, Eunji closed her eyes. She let the wind run on her bared skin and tickle her. It felt, almost like, close to, flying; like she’s got no burden at all on her shoulders. She felt like one with the air. “This is nice . . . ,” she whispered to herself.

Maybe it’s just Chanyeol’s sensitive hearing or because Eunji’s head was very close to his since she had her arms wrapped around his waist and their heads were very close to each other. “It is,” he responded as a smile painted his face.

The first place he took her to was his favorite past time all placed in a single indoor area; the arcade. “I haven’t visited this place in ages,” Eunji exclaimed as they entered the place side by side. Her eyes gleamed in enthusiasm, making her look like a little kid in an amusement park. All jolly and eager to try everything.

“You must have gotten so busy, I guess.” Eunji just shrugged and let Chanyeol led her t the first game of the day.

“Wanna bet?” Eunji sat down in front of the machine next to Chanyeol’s, ready to insert her coin and play.

“Ah,” Chanyeol sighed hard, “I’ve always been good but it’s been awhile since I played this.”

“Why do people always say that?” she replied after putting her coin in. “They say they’re good at something just to impress other people.” This wasn’t a game she always play while visiting the arcade but she used to watch her brother play and learnt from it.

“Usually, to impress a girl,” he muttered under his breath.

Eunji took a second off of her game to look at her side, at Chanyeol and the edges of curled a bit. “So . . . the one who loses pay for dinner.”
“Deal.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter