Wedding Crasher

Park Chanyeol vs. Her 7 Exes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-

It was actually a mistake for Junmyeon to text Eunji about his engagement party ahead of the event itself. I hope you can sing some love songs with that lovely voice of yours tonight, the message read. While clenching her phone in her hand, she decided that, this time, she won’t need any aid from anyone—precisely Chanyeol—regarding her love life problems.

The bus, heading to Incheon that late afternoon, was just obeying the speed limit yet Eunji couldn’t help blaming the driver for being so slow; if she could, she’d drive the bus herself. So she put on her earphones and tried to calm herself down from the sound of music.

For her, it wasn’t right for Junmyeon to marry his current girlfriend who knew nothing about his past deeds—who fell for the angelic, innocent facade he always put up while with her. But it wasn’t like Bae Joohyun was the one he’s supposed to marry. Even when she’s the mother of his child, didn’t mean that she’d like to spend the rest of her life with that jerk.

She was just trying to do what she thought would be righteous yet she suddenly doubt herself. There was no way in returning. Well, unless she could ask the driver to turn around and drive back to Seoul.

Eunji found herself now already standing just in front of Joohyun’s gate. She decided to pay her a visit but not knowing the words that she had to say. ‘Screw this,’ she thought while taking few steps away from the house, ‘I’m going home.’

Being a daredevil was already a part of her daily life ever since she’s little; she had never thought she’d be crouching in the corner like a scared kitten. ‘I have to do this.’ She stepped forward again.

“Eunji?” A familiar voice that she used to hear first thing every morning and the last thing at night in the form of gentle whispers in her ear popped out out of nowhere.

‘No . . . it can’t be . . .’ Slowly, little by little, she swiveled around to make sure that she wasn’t just hallucinating about his presence.

Minhyuk was standing right beside Bae Joohyun who was carrying her sleeping baby in her arms. Her face lit up when she recognized Eunji’s face.

“You’re Seulgi’s friend, aren’t you?” She then turned at Minhyuk and asked him, “You guys know each other?”

He and Eunji were still gazing into each other’s eyes until both of them couldn’t take it anymore and averted their eyes. “We only met once through a mutual acquaintance,” the latter answered on their behalf.

“Ah, I see,” Joohyun responded. “What brings you here?”

Eunji was prepared to spill the beans regarding Junmyeon’s engagement when she took a step forward toward her gate. But everything went blur in her head when she saw Minhyuk in front of her.

‘Why am I like this?’ she thought. She didn’t want to jump into conclusion or assume anything while looking at the two of them who made such a cute little family. She once again wavered whether to tell Joohyun or not.

“I-I just . . .” Eunji stuttered. There was nothing in her head even when she tried to find a lie to say. “I need to talk to you.”

Joohyun’s eyes widened, surprised. Why wouldn’t she be? Eunji was just a cousin’s friend she met once and then she suddenly showed up in her house all the way from Seoul saying the she needed a talk.

Minhyuk told her that he’d be, “Just around the corner,” so she could have some private time with their guest.

Joohyun nodded and said, “I’ll call you when we’re done.” She then ushered Eunji to enter the house. “Please sit,” her hand gestured to the couch, “I need to tuck in my Joonie first.”

The smile she offered Eunji with was so sweet and sincere that she thought, ‘She seems so happy. Why would I think of ruining it just for the sake of someone else’s misery?’

She came back a little while later and sat down just beside her. “Oh, wait, I should offer you a drink. What wo—”

“No, eonni,” Eunji cut her off, “You don’t have to. I’m just gonna go straight to the point.”

The expression on Joohyun’s face changed from content to serious. “What’s going on?” she asked.

“I really want to tell you this but I don’t think it’s appropriate and it’s not like you want to hear it anyway. Gosh, what am I suppose to do?” The girl talked so fast that Joohyun was baffled.

“It’s okay,” Joohyun told her, “Just tell me whatever it is. If it really bothers you, you shouldn’t hold it in.”

‘She’s so damn nice, dammit,’ Eunji thought. “Junmyeon is engaged, he’s getting married.”

Joohyun let out a nervous chuckle, “Yes, okay . . .”

“Look, eonnie, you don’t know who I am besides being Seulgi’s friend but, I know who you are,” Eunji said, “And I know the father of the baby,”

That wasn’t the first or second time Eunji had surprised and confused her. Now she’s creeped out at her unexpected visitor. “Who are you, really . . . .”

“That’s not important now,” Eunji argued, “What’s important is that, we can’t let an innocent person fall into his trap.” Joohyun said nothing; she only stared at the hem of her skirt. “Moreover, your baby deserves the right to be acknowledged.”

She looked up and returned Eunji’s gaze now. “But it’s not like there’s something I could do about it,” Joohyun said in a frustrated tone of voice.

“You just have to speak on behalf of your child, that’s it,” Eunji said, “And he’ll never be able to do as he wants again. You seriously deserve the right to be treated fairly.”

Joohyun was still looking down, unable to respond with anything.

“You can’t hide away from your family because he told you to, because he doesn’t want people to find out what he did to you,” Eunji took Joohyun’s hand and gave it a light squeeze, “Fight for your right, for your baby’s right as well.”

What Eunji said was so tempting to Joohyun that she wanted to agree with her right away. But she herself wasn’t ready to go out of her shell and greet the world again—meeting friends and meeting her parents with a child in her arms.

“You can discuss this with your . . . partner if you want,” Eunji told her, cautious when using the word partner, “But we need to be quick.”

Joohyun nodded.

-

Chanyeol had been asking around if anyone had seen Eunji as she was yet to show herself at the venue where she ought to be. She wasn’t answering any of his calls either. ‘Is she still awkward with me?’ he thought while staring at his phone screen.

“She’s not answering mine either,” Jonghyun said as he slid his phone back into his pocket. Then Chanyeol knew that his worry wasn’t true.

Jungshin was seen walking toward them, having been asking the other waiters about their singer. “It seems like sajangnim saw this coming,” he told his bandmates, “He contacted someone from his talent agency to come and sing.”

There was only a few minutes left before the event begun and there was still no sign of her.

A woman, Junmyeon’s mother, came up on stage and greeted the guests consisting of family members and close friends. “I’d like to express my gratitude for the guests who spared some time to come to our little party,” she said through a beaming smile.

‘She won’t be able to show that face if she knows what her son had done behind his family’s back,’ Chanyeol thought as he stared at Junmyeon who was all glee sitting beside his soon-to-be wife, Chorong.

“Isn’t that Eunji?” Jungshin asked in a hushed voice with his eyes on the window. “Who is she with?” There was a young lady walking behind her, and then a man trailing after then two, “And is that Minhyuk?”

Jonghyun and Chanyeol instantly turned their heads toward where Jungshin was looking. “That’s her,” the former confirmed.

“And that’s Ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter