The Replacement

Park Chanyeol vs. Her 7 Exes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

i'd like to apologize before bc i think i'm going do do late updates this month as i'm gonna be rather busy T_T miannnnnn

Please bear with this my dear readers and thank you for always looking forward to my story <3

here is chapter 19 :3

After talking to Sungkyu at the bar, Chanyeol walk back to the cafe where Eunji was preparing to leave for the night. “Where were you?” she asked when they met at the backdoor. “Why did you suddenly run out like that?” She opened a bottle of water and gulped down half of its content in one go.

“Sorry,” Chanyeol watched her wiped her wet lips with the back of her hand, “I had to answer a call.”

“That long?” Eunji said. “Yeah, right.”

“I just had to meet someone,” Chanyeol finally told her.

Eunji narrowed her eyes, “Must be someone important.”

Chanyeol nodded, “Very important.” He placed his hands inside his jeans pocket and asked her, “Should we go home now?” He watched her have another sip of water and waited for an answer.

“Hm,” she nodded, was still filled with water. “Let’s go,” Eunji added after gulping.

As they walk to the bus stop, the girl’s stomach grumbled, reminding her that she hadn’t eaten anything for dinner. She looked up and spotted a heaven that she hadn’t visited in a long while. “Hey, look!” Eunji grabbed Chanyeol’s wrist and he stopped, then he looked toward the direction she was pointing to.

“Tteokbokki? Yeah, why?”

“Let’s have tteokbokki before going home, I’m so hungry.” She patted her empty tummy and marched to the store that had watered at the pictures of the rice cakes plastered on the walls. Chanyeol smiled when he saw a little girl in front of him, not the Jeong Eunji he fell for.

“Order as much as you want,” he said as they sat down, “It’s on me.” He was only able to say so after his mother sent him a pretty generous amount of money this morning.

“You don’t have to,” Eunji argued. “I’m the one who’s hungry so I should pay.”

“Gee, Eunji, I’m trying to look like a gentleman, you know,” he joked.

She said, “Don’t need to. You already are,” through a warm smile. And she didn’t know that she just sent Chanyeol to cloud 9 with less than just 5 words.

Jeong Eunji makes guys fall for her without even her having to put effort in. Chanyeol saw another one of the many reasons why it’s so easy for guys to go head over heels for her. She’s all that she is, she never try hard.

Not long after that, Jungshin and Jonghyun appeares in the store as well and Eunji, of course, just had to invite them over to the table she shared with Chanyeol. “You’re okay with it, right?”

“You should have asked me first and then you offer them to join,” Chanyeol said with a serious face.

“Omo, I’m sorry, what should I do?”

Chanyeol chuckled, “I’m just joking. Of course they’re welcomed.”

“Eunji-ya!” Jonghyun patted her shoulder and sat on the empty space beside her while Jungshin sat beside Chanyeol.

“Sorry to interrupt your . . .” Jungshin trailed off as he wasn’t sure what to call this event.

“No problem,” Chanyeol told them, “The more the merrier, right?” He was prepared to pay for two, but was he willing to pay for 4 to appear like a gentleman?

“I know you probably don’t give a crap about him but . . ,” Jonghyun leaned in closer to Eunji and whispered into her ear that, “Minhyuk got dumped by that girl he cheated on you with.”

“Oh?” Eunji responded.

“I heard she went off with this thirty year old heir,” Jungshin chimed in. “No wonder that girl have been absent from the seat at the back.”

“He deserves that,” Jonghyun said.

Eunji glanced at Chanyeol who was completely in the dark about what they were talking about. ‘He’s bound to find out one way or another.’ She shrugged it off. A smile was offered by her and he returned it.

Their order finally came in and everyone dug into the food.

Halfway into their midnight snack, Eunji had to take a bathroom break. Though she didn’t want to leave Chanyeol alone with two of her friends that were still strangers to him, she just had to. “I’ll be quick.” The giant elf stared at her back as she made her way to the bathroom and gulped down.

There was something he wanted so badly to ask, yet he wasn’t sure whether or not he should do so. “Um . . .” He mustered up the courage to finally ask, “Have you guys been working long in the café?”

“Yeah,” Jonghyun and Jungshin both nodded. “Why?” The former asked.

“Then you both who the previous singer well?” Chanyeol asked.

“Of course,” Jungshin answered, “We worked together for about one and a half years before she resigned and Eunji came in to replace her.”

“Oh? She resigned?” ‘Good . . . Now we’re getting into the subject . . .’ Chanyeol thought. “Why?”

“Why do you want to know?” Jonghyun asked.

“Just curious,” he shrugged.

“We don’t know specifically why but she just had to leave Seoul that instant,” Jonghyun told him. “Minhyuk, our drummer, had been in the band longer than us so he’s the one who knows her best.”

“Ah . . . I see.” Chanyeol slowly nodded.

Then Jungshin continued, “It’s kinda weird how she looks so worried and rather scared about something on the day she resigned whilst a few days before she’s perfectly fine and all jolly.”

“Yeah, that’s weird. I still wonder why even now,” Jonghyun agreed.

“I’m back!” Everyone pretended like they weren’t even talking to each other when Eunji came back. “You guys seemed so serious, what did you talked about?”

“Ah, it’s nothing,” Jungshin grinned.

“I bet you’re all talking about me.”

The four of them parted ways at a quarter to 2 in the morning. Jungshin and Jonghyun went home together by subway while Chanyeol and Eunji took the bus to the latter’s apartment.

Eunji’s head slowly dropped to the side when she couldn’t hold in her sleepiness—the result of her exhaustion—but Chanyeol was quick to catch it and gently placed it on his shoulder.

“Rest well,” he whispered.

-

If not for her phone which was ringing so loudly, Eunji wouldn’t have woken up from her deep slumber. “Hello?” she answered, still in a drowsy state, “Who’s this?”

“Don’t you even save my number?” The person on the other line answered.

Eunji distanced her phone from her ear and glanced at the caller ID. “Oh, it’s you, Bbom. What’s up?”

“I know you don’t give a damn about him anymore but Minhyuk is taking some time off of the band,” she informed. ‘Why does everyone keeps on thinking I wanna know?’ she thought.

“Yeah?” There wasn’t much that she had in store to respond with, “Cool.” She started to lie down again slowly and muttered, “Is that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter