Protect the ID II

Park Chanyeol vs. Her 7 Exes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-

Though he knew well how important keeping Eunji’s identity from the rest of the world was, Chanyeol still hesitated in helping her to do so. If he were to go and face Kibum out of the blue then tell him, ‘Sunbae, you really need to help my friend, Eunji,’ that would be impossible.

It is possible, but that would invite a dozen of questions from the person being asked for help from. ‘Why are you saying this?’ or ‘How do you know about Eunji being Sungkyu’s ex?’ and ‘Did she tell you? How can she do th—’

“Cha-nyeol-ah!” Chanyeol blinked and came back to his senses. “Are you just gonna stare at the floor all the time? Don’t you miss your noona?” His noona, Yoora, picked her coffee cup up and took a sip of her latte.

“Ah, I’m sorry, noona.” He grinned from ear to ear, that distinct trait of Park Chanyeol. “I’m just . . .” he trailed off without finishing.

“What’s wrong?” Yoora asked. “What’s going on in your head?”

“Noona, what do you do when you’re stuck between two choices?” Chanyeol asked, confusing her.

“What do I do? Um . . .” She looked up and thought of something for a while. “You see,” she looked back at him, “I haven’t been in a dilemma lately, but, maybe, you can try flipping a coin.”

“You think so?”

“Yep.” Yoora nodded firmly.

So when he got home, he sat down at the edge of the bed and prepared a coin. Head: To ask Kibum for help; or Tail: to just let Eunji deal with it on her own. ‘Her identity is important,’ he thought before flipping the coin.

Chanyeol flipped the coin eventually and inside, another thought appeared, ‘But aren’t I being too nosy for someone that she had just known lately?’ He doubted with what he truly wanted that moment.

‘But I need to protect her,’ a new thought overlapped the previous one, ‘I just have to.’ Head showed up on the floor and he marched to the door again.

“Where are you going?” Jongin who was watching in the living room asked, “You just got here.”

“Rescue mission,” Chanyeol said.

“Cool. Good luck!” he cried out before Chanyeol slammed the apartment door shut.

-

He paced back and forth in front of Kibum’s company building and waited for him to come out after sending him a text message 20 minutes ago. “Where on earth is he . . .” Chanyeol muttered.

Speak of the devil . . . “Park Chanyeol!” At last, that voice was heard nearby. The owner of the name swiveled around and saw Kibum walking toward him. “Sorry for being late, I was in a meeting.” Chanyeol raised an eyebrow at the different tone of voice that Kibum was using.

An instant conclusion of Kibum’s personality was made by Chanyeol, that there were two things which could change Kim Kibum: Jeong Eunji and his job.

“What is it that you want to talk about?” Kibum asked when they sat down inside his own room inside. Chanyeol spared some time to actually check the room out.

“I know this may be weird to you but . . . You really need to secure Jeong Eunji’s identity,” Chanyeol said.

“Oh my . . . Do you perhaps . . . Know about her being Sungkyu’s ex-lover?” His genuine shock was something Chanyeol find funny, but of course, he didn’t have the time to even think about letting out a laugh.

“I do.”

“Did she tell you about this?”

Chanyeol had to make something up to cover for her, “We’ve been friends for a long time, I’d known about her private life, of course.” Kibum just nodded. “I’m serious, you don’t know how dire it is for Eunji if her identity were to be explicitly known out there.”

“No, no, don’t get me wrong, I know how it is just as hard for non-celebrities when they are or was once linked with a celebrity,” Kibum argued.

“Exactly . . .”

“You see,” he continued, “What’s going on right now is some confidential issue between entertainment companies and this is not something, don’t get offended, commoners should know of.”

‘And I thought he’s dumb.’ Chanyeol rolled his eyes. “Let me guess,” he started, “Your rival company somehow is in the possession of some evidence pictures of Sungkyu who was seen visiting unknown apartment building and is using it against you?”

Kibum’s eyes widen is amusement; he’s amused that Chanyeol guessed right. Yet, he’s got to keep his confidential company matters to himself, right? “Even if that is right, it has nothing to do with you,” Kibum insisted. He then stood up and motioned to the door, “You can leave.”

Even if it didn’t work, at least Chanyeol tried. It’s the thought that counts. “Thank you for your time, sunbae,” he bowed a little as he said so and then proceeded to leave the room.

‘He’s rather cool right there,’ he thought before he left for real.

-

The next day at the cafeteria, Kibum made a surprise visit to Chanyeol’s table and suddenly asked him, “Chanyeol-ah, so what do you think I should do?” He picked his chopsticks up and continued, “That rival agency is calling me up again.”

Chanyeol just stared at his sunbae with a baffled look on his face. ‘He really does have split personality . . .’ “I don’t know,” he shrugged, “You’re the company staff, you’d know better than me.”

Kibum heaved a sigh. “I want to help Eunji as much and as best as I could, but I can’t give up on what I’m working on, too, you know.” It was actually a good thing that Kim Kibum thought of putting Jeong Eunji aside for something else. His world once revolved only, and only, around that girl. “Don’t you have money? Just pay them,” Chanyeol said, “Money straightens everything nowadays.”

“No,” Kibum shook his head, “It’s not money that they want.”

“Then?”

“It’s Sungkyu. They want to acquire Sungkyu,” he answered. “His contract is expiring soon, so my rival is hunting him since he’s the trend these days, he’d bring in money and fame, won’t he?”

A sigh escaped Chanyeol and muttered, “If only I could understand this more, maybe I could help.” He dropped his chopsticks before continuing, “Sunbae, it’s all about priorities. Decide which one is your fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter