Moment of Truth

Park Chanyeol vs. Her 7 Exes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

Sorry for the late updateeee T_T

Here is chapter 12~ enjoy <3

Chanyeol turned and the sight of Jeong Eunji standing on the other side of the glass doors was what he came to face first; she had witnessed the whole thing and Chanyeol was flustered in an instant. What explanation should he be giving her? ‘Tell her that I’ve been two-timing my girlfriend with her? Yeah right.’

Eunji lifted her hand and placed it on the gold-colored metal door handle, put in a little force to push it open, and walked pass the threshold. In Chanyeol’s eyes, everything happened in a reduced speed, like watching a movie in slow motion. Time was decelerated, yet, he didn’t use it wisely to think of something that could save him from what he expected might come.

“I can explain.” The sentence was a statement yet it was uttered like a question.

“Yeah?” Eunji tilted her head and stayed there with her arms awkwardly dangling on her sides. She wanted to be mad, but why should she?

This was something she had experienced before, she knew goddamn well how it was like to be in Sooyoung’s place as well as knowing how it’s like to be the third player who got invited by one of the players in this game called love, and who’s completely in the dark about an existing relationship—not knowing that there was already a second player on the guy’s side in the first place. It .

“Look, I—” Chanyeol bit his bottom lips hard when he realized that there was nothing he could explain to her except the truth. He should have known not to add another big pile of lies on top of an already present mound. “I’m sorry,” he eventually said after a brief silence.

“Yeah, definitely, you better be,” Eunji replied, now having her arms crossed.

“God . . .” Chanyeol buried his face in his wide palms and then straightened back his hair with them. “I made a huge mistake, I’m sorry.”

“Why are you saying this in front of me?” She had this nonchalant look on her face that just baffled him. Chanyeol replied with a questioning look on him. A sigh escaped Eunji before she said, “Listen, Park Chanyeol, the one who you should be apologizing to would be that girl just now, not me.” She pointed at herself at the last couple of words.

Chanyeol opened his mouth to answer but Eunji was quicker to come up with something else needed to be said. “And,” she held one finger up, “that wasn’t a mistake you did right there,” and it swung back and forth to its sides like a metronome’s pendulum.

“What you did to her with me isn’t a mistake. It was your own choice, Chanyeol,” she said. “I mean, how can you look at me and not feel guilty for the frown on her pretty face? How can you not hear her cries in your head when we converse? How can you not share her pain if she were to see and hear the things you did and said to me all this while? How can you?

You were conscious about what you’re doing but you decided to go ahead with it because you don’t give a flying f about your relationship. Above all, you dont give a f about her feelings.”

She walked pass him and pressed the elevator button.

“Eunji-ya . . .”

“Don’t even say my name,” Eunji countered without looking at him in the eyes. She didn’t even do as much as glance over her shoulder when saying so. “My teacher in elementary would say: Go to a corner and think about what you did.”

One of the elevator finally arrived to take her upstairs. Without much ado, she stepped into it and pressed the close button after pressing her floor number.

The slow motion happened again and Chanyeol started to move his lips, wanting to call her name out, but he cut himself off and let Eunji go home. He let the relationships he should have cherished well and wanted to cherish fell apart at once.

He took his phone out and dialed Sooyoung’s number.

“Sooyoungie . . .” He muttered into the phone.

“Oppa!?” Her cheerful exclamation rang in his ear and he suddenly felt that sting he knew Sooyoung would feel too when she had come to learn the truth.

“Oppa is sorry . . .”

-

Eunji blamed herself once again for being so naïve. What Sungkyu said was right, that Chanyeol seemed like a ‘nice person.’ And how could she be so blind to think of it as a fact instead of an assumption. ‘He was just like the others.’ Cliché, indeed.

So much had happened in the past couple of weeks of the new month. Most of them were something she saw would come. “Hey, Bbom.” Of course the first person she called was Bomi. She was the only person who knew everything about her that Daehyun didn’t.

“What’s wrong, hun? You sound terrible,” Bomi remarked.

“Guess what? I became a third party again!” The wide grin on her face and the high-pitched voice she used was such an irony to what she was going to tell Bomi.

“Eunji . . .”

“Friggin boys,” Eunji muttered. “They’re so bothersome yet I’m always involved with them.”

“What happened?”

“So Chanyeol turned out having been in a relationship with someone and he cheated on his girl,” she answered right away. “WITH ME.”

“Oh my God.” Bomi shook her head and then continued, “He looked like someone who can’t even step on an ant, Ji. Like, his routines comprise of: saying hi to ahjummas in the morning, helping halmeonis cross the street, and talking to the neighbors’ pets.”

“I know . . . right?” Eunji let a grunt escaped. “He appears so harmless.”

“How’d you know?”

“His girl turns out to live in the same building as me and I had just arrived at the lobby when he was kissing her goodbye.” Before Bomi answered, she added, “And his girl is really pretty. I can’t even imagine . . .” she trailed off and then buried her face on her palm.

“Oh God . . . How could he?”

“Exactly. I just . . . I don’t even wanna talk about it right now but I just have to tell you about this.”

“Wanna meet up at the café? I’ll be there from seven forty.”

Eunji looked at the clock above the TV which read 7:25. “Alright. I’ll be there in awhile.” Then she ended the call after telling Bomi, ‘see you later.’

-

“What’s wrong,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter