Step by Step

Park Chanyeol vs. Her 7 Exes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

Sorry for not updating in what seemed like forever *bows*

here is chapter 20 my dear readers, enjoy <3

“So he’s totally out of the band because he’s depressed from being cheated on?” Jungshin said when Eunji entered the staff room that Sunday night. It had already been a month since Minhyuk left and was replaced by Chanyeol. Still, Eunji wasn’t used to the sight of the guy in the staff room, lounging with the other members.

“That’s so lame,” Jonghyun remarked.

Eunji put down her backpack on the couch, beside Chanyeol, and then she sat. “Hey,” she smiled to him, and him only, “What’s up.”

“You know what’s up with me,” he chuckled. They both had been spending more time together than ever but nothing much had progressed regarding their . . . relationship?

Chanyeol himself was still playing detective, trying to figure out what happened to the previous singer and also what his now-boss did that Eunji despised so much, that made her dumped Kibum.

He shifted his gaze to the shelf at the corner and asked, “What’s that?” while pointing to a plain black square box. The rest three followed his finger.

“That’s the staffs’ picture album,” Eunji answered, “Updated every one year.”

“Yep,” Jonghyun nodded, “You might be in it too later.”

“Oh?” Chanyeol couldn’t care less whether he’d be included in it or not. Right at that moment, he knew that he’d be able to get information on the previous singer. “Can I take a look?”

“Sure.” Jungshin stood up from his seat and was about to walk toward the shelf when Naeun popped up and told them that they should get on stage by now.

Eunji gave her a thumb up and they all prepared to pull a performance tonight.

-

After their work was over, Jungshin and Jonghyun left ahead of Chanyeol and Eunji, leaving the two of them alone in the staff room. “Can I see the album?” He asked.

“Curious much?” Eunji replied. “Let’s go home,” she grabbed Chanyeol’s hand at the same time as he was about to open his mouth, “I’m tired,” so he ceased his curiosity and nodded.

It was already becoming a routine of Chanyeol to walk her home and stayed for about an hour or two—or until she felt sleepy—at her place then he’d leave for his own dwelling.

“Hey, hey,” Eunji called out. Chanyeol turned and saw her stopping in front of a convenience store. “Wait here for a while.” He raised an eyebrow but did as told. It took her quite a while to come back, complete with a bag of glass bottles and another bag of snacks.

“Whoa,” Chanyeol eyed the plastic bags, “What are those for?”

“Celebration,” she said as she approached him and they continued to walk. Chanyeol’s nature told him to grab the bag, to help her carry it, “Since you’re an official member now.”

“I’m not,” he said. “Yet.”

“I’m sure you’ll be contacted soon enough,” she argued.

The clock struck one pass midnight when they entered her house. They walked over to the living room where they put the plastic bags down. “I’m gonna get change, wait a while.” He nodded and went to the kitchen to get glasses for their soju.

Eunji was already in shorts and t-shirt when Chanyeol got back to the living room. Her hair was pulled up in a messy bun and make-up removed. He liked it that way.

“Let’s start the celebration!” She cried out as she dropped herself on the couch. “Open this,” Eunji handed a bottle to Chanyeol before turning the TV on.

He handed her back the bottle and she poured the content into two shot glasses. “I’d like to propose a toast,” she lifted the glass high up in the air.

“Oh, c’mon,” Chanyeol chuckled, “This is so embarrassing.”

“Why would you be?” Their glasses made a low clanking noise and they gulped down. “I’m not even embarrassed to do anything in front of you anymore,” she continued. Chanyeol blushed—if that’s possible.

They talked so many random things at once when they were together and once they started, they just couldn’t stop. It was already half past 4 in the morning. Not less than 5 bottles were opened, yet Eunji was still completely sober as more than half of the alcohol opened was consumed by the guy across him—who had so little to no consciousness left.

She took the glass secured in between Chanyeol’s palms and placed it on the table. “Go to sleep, Chanyeol,” she whispered to him.

He was about to lie down on the couch but Eunji told him, “No, not here. You’re gonna hurt your neck.” She got on her feet, “Come with me.” Chanyeol took the hand she offered, then she led the way to her bed. Good thing he was still capable of propping his giant body even though drunk. “Sleep here.” The guy sat at the edge of the bed and, not even a second later, he made himself comfortable. She smiled before pulling the covers up to his chest. “Sleep well, ‘kay?”

Chanyeol nodded.

It was already 6 when Eunji finally felt sleepiness kicking in. After gulping down a big bottle of water, she walked over to the bed and snuggled up beside Chanyeol who was still peacefully sleeping—loudly snoring, as well.

‘How can I sleep with noise this loud?’ She giggled then closed her eyes not long after.

-

Park Chanyeol opened his eyes at the same time as the ring of the bell chimed. He was about to get up and get it when he felt his arm stuck, not being able to move from the unknown weight that was placed on it. He turned and saw . . . ‘Eunji . . .’ her head was on his arm and the bell was still chiming; he didn’t want to wake her up but didn’t he need to answer the door too in order for her to not bother her sleep.

“Get the door, Chanyeol-ah . . .” Eunji, with her eyes only half-opened, muttered. She lifted her head up and let Chanyeol’s arm free. He was still flustered at the sight of the girl sleeping next to him but went to get the door nonetheless.

Before opening the door, he checked his hair in the mirror. ‘Neat enough,’ he thought as he brushed the hair which had went in different directions down.

“Who is it?” Chanyeol said as he opened the door. There was a guy, pretty skinny with a small head, holding a brown paper bag and a cup of coffee on the other hand.

“I-I think I got the wrong door,” he said as he prepared to flee.

“Who is it?” Eunji appeared behind Chanyeol and the sudden presence of her voice halted the skinny boy. He turned and exchanged c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter