Seventh

Park Chanyeol vs. Her 7 Exes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-

Several days passed quickly since that happy little reunion in the music room with Inguk. Yet, still, not much had progressed between Chanyeol and Eunji who were both still unsure of what they actually are. It's just . . . a thing or two was still keeping the latter from fully reciprocating the former's feelings.

Chanyeol was laying on the floor, his eyes focused on his phone screen, playing a game he no longer had interest in when he asked Eunji, "I don't mean to bring this up so suddenly but, what really happened between you and the previous drummer?"

That instantly piqued the girl's interest. She rose into a sitting position, still on her bed, and then shifted her gaze from her laptop screen toward Chanyeol. "You probably already knew, haven't you?" Somehow she's sure he had done some research.

"Honestly speaking, I've heard this and that, but I'm not buying," Chanyeol answered. "Not until I hear the whole thing, what really happened, from you." He added right away, "That, of course, only if you want to."

Eunji was silent for a while as she thought of something. "Well, I've got to be honest with you, right?" She softly smiled at him, which he returned.

They both now sat on the bed, Chanyeol at the foot and still keeping a safe distance from her, facing each other. Before she started, Eunji cleared and inhaled deeply. This was the last story she had. One last piece of  her soul kept by someone else that once was an important part of her life.

"Workplace romance," Eunji started. "We met at work and fell in love. It was as simple as that." It really was. And everything was just right, with she even thinking that he was . . . right. "And then one day I heard him, with my own ears, messing with some random girl in the staff room."

Chanyeol didn't even bother to hide his astonishment. "That staff room?!" It disgusted him knowing that the room where he used to spend time in once was used by someone to bang. And cheat.

"I know, right?" Eunji heaved a sigh. "I didn't say anything, I didn't even confront him right away. I know it'd be weird with the girl if I were to barge in, whoever she is. So I let it slide that night. And when I think it was right to bring the topic up, I talked to him about it. And I just . . went off. Then I demand for things to be over between us, and I asked him to leave me. To never show his face in front of me anymore."

She made a pause, reminiscing the event in her head. And then she went on, "The last time he went to the cafe for work, we had another fight and that's when I saw him last. He left."

Chanyeol frowned, he felt sorry for what happened to her. However, at the same time, he hated himself. Because he once did what Minhyuk did to Eunji. Cheat. Though not as bad, but still. He knew that only jerks do that to girls, and he was sorry.

"How do you see it now?" he wondered.

Eunji raised her eyebrow. "See what now?"

"The whole thing," Chanyeol gestured with his arms, "How do you see the problem, how do you see him, stuff like that?"

"I believe that every person deserves to be forgiven when they make mistakes, but does he?" Eunji took off her glasses and burried her face in her cold palms. It's been a while, a long while since he left, since he's gone, leaving nothing but pain and resentment in her, yet she could still not let go. She was still hurt from what he did to her, she just can't let it go so easily.

Even with Chanyeol now by her side, she should put everything that happened in the past and instead focus on the present and build future relationship with who matters most now. She just couldn't, yet.

Chanyeol pursed his lips, contemplating in his head whether to tell Eunji about Minhyuk's whereabouts or to let her figure what she wants to do on her own. "Don't you want to let go and move on? To really lift up every single burden that's been holding you down?" He inhaled before he continued, "It's all up to you but I'm strongly advising you to end things with him once and for all without leaving any hard feelings."

Eunji stared blankly at Chnyeol but inside, she was taking in what he said, digesting word ever word. He was right. Yet, things are always easier said than done.

"I don't know," she shrugged. "I could slap him if I see him."

"I can prevent that." Chanyeol grinned widely at her.

Eunji forged a laugh.

From all her past relationships, Minhyuk was the only one who left the most impact on her feelings. Because just when she thought she could stop messing around with guys and settle in a serious commitment, just when she thought she had found the right guy for her, he had to hurt her.

"Ji, I know where he lives," Chanyeol eventually told her, "Let's pay him a visit."

Eunji looked at Chanyeol in disbelief. "But how?" She tried to understand. "Not even our bandmates know."

"I don't mean to sound creepy but . . . I did some research."

-

The taxi they rode from Incheon Bus Terminal came to a halt in front of the exact house Chanyeol saw Minhyuk came out from. It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter