Second Chance

Park Chanyeol vs. Her 7 Exes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-

When Eunji walked back into the house with Minhyuk trailing behind her, she watched Chanyeol making funny faces at baby Jun--in his mother's arms--who reacted with a loud laugh which resonated within the living room. He looked up and offered Eunji a gentle smile; she replied with a faint one.

Chanyeol knew better than to ask her how the talk went, so he said nothing and initiated a soft pat on her back when she joined him again on the couch.

"I'm sorry for coming without any prior info whatsoever, that's rude considering we're even that close," Eunji said, aiming at Joohyun.

Joohyun smiled for the first time since she opened the door. She knew Minhyuk had settled things with Eunji. "Please, come whenever you like." She looked down at her son before looking back at her, "Jun likes it when there are guests over." As if he understood what the adults are saying, Jun smiled and laughed.

Eunji glanced at Jun and watched him for a little while until a smile formed on her lips. "I hope Jun gets the happiness he deserves."

-

"How did it go?" Joohyun asked Minhyuk as soon as Chanyeol and Eunji left the house to head back to Seoul. "What did she say?"

Now that Jun was back asleep in his room, she could focus on Minhyuk explaining what happened back there with Eunji.

"It was hard to get her to listen at first since she's still hurt from my doing, but she eventually would and understood everything," Minhyuk explained.

"But she knows there's nothing between us, right?" Joohyun made sure. "I serious feel really bad when she has to walk in and see you in the house with me."

"She knows, and I had to tell her about your marriage plan with Junmyeon," he said.

"That's okay, as long as she's in the clear." Joohyun sighed in relief. "I'm so glad you guys are okay now. No hard feelings left."

Minhyuk exhaled heavily before his shoulders dropped. He looked down and stared at the tip of his feet. "She hasn't forgive me, yet. She said she'll try, however."

"Oh, Minhyuk." Joohyun placed a hand on his shoulder and gave him a pat.

"Do you know she, back then, thought I was right?" Minhyuk glanced at Joohyun. His eyes were filled with sadness, longing, for a love that had went away. "I lost the person who had genuine feelings for me, who actually, sincerely loved me, yet I, this stupid guy, wronged her. I lost the person who might have made me the rightest person I could be."

"Minhyuk-ah . . . ." She was feeling even more sorry for him now. There were tears running down his cheeks now and that's when she saw that he was just as sincere as Eunji was but he lost the chance to make them right by a single stupid mistake.

"I shouldn't have touched the alcohol that night," Minhyuk went on through his sobs, "I shouldn't have had any of it. Then I wouldn't be so easily seduced by a random girl and ruined my relationship with Eunji."

Eunji had asked Minhyuk to walk her home that night but he refused, wanting to stay back to have a bottle or two. He had a lot going on in his head that day, some troubles at home filled his head that he'd rather washed them away with the liquor in his hand rather than talking and sharing it with Eunji who would be more than welcome to hear him.

"God, I messed up big time," he muttered.

-

Eunji leaned against the warm glass window of the bus on their way home to Seoul. Chanyeol kept on staring at her, hoping that she'd share a bit of what she talked with Minhyuk about when he couldn't hear. He won't ask. He won't bother her with something she doesn't bother to talk about first.

"I'm sorry, Chanyeol," she suddenly said when they were closing in toward Seoul terminal. "I just couldn't. It's the hardest."

"What?" He had to shift his focus between Eunji and the front, waiting for a signal that they can board off.

"You told me to let go of my past and move on," she told him, "But I couldn't forgive Minhyuk, yet. It's hard."

The driver finally had the doors open and Chanyeol offered his hand for Eunji to take. She didn't.

They both got up and got off.

"It's okay," Chanyeol said with that wide smile of his, "It'll take time, I know. I know you'll eventually learn to forgive."

Eunji halted her steps. She let out a sign before she turned around to face Chanyeol who was grinning behind her. "Why are you so loyal to me? Why are you so loyal like a little puppy to me who doesn't even treat you right?"

That erased the smile he had plastered on his face. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter