Best of Luck

Park Chanyeol vs. Her 7 Exes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-

Chanyeol ambled down the corridor of Eunji's apartment floor, amidst struggle he tried his best to get to her door without falling to the cold cement ground. His head was spinning and his visions were blurry, side effect from his time spent in the pojangmacha. Yet again.

He reeked of alcohol and that probably wasn't the best perfume he could use when he planned on seeing a girl. His hands traces the wall as he kept on going to the last door.

"Eunji-ya~!" Chanyeol managed to still keep his voice down so as to not disturb the neighbors. It's a good thing he's a responsible drinker and not an when drunk. "It's me."

He waited for an answer yet there was none. "Eunji?" His knuckles clashed against the door several more times to notify her of his presence. "I just . . I just want to talk."

Chanyeol turned around and leaned his back on her door, and then letting himself slide to the ground. He sat quietly on her doormat, his head down and his eyes closed shut.

"Why won't you answer . . . ," he muttered to himself. "I kinda miss you, you know."

He found himself recounting the last time he spoke to her. His unexpected and untimely--also improper--confession. "I shouldn't have said it like that . . ."

But Eunji's like a strong, thick, brick wall, it's hard to get through her. Chanyeol had said or given hints about his sincere feelings and his intentions on what he might like for them to have in the future--when all of this ends. She still didn't seem to respond to his signals.

She might, once or twice, and then they'd go back to square one overnight. As if nothing much had happened between them; as if they had just learned each other's name.

Chanyeol didn't know any more ways to get into her heart, to fully make her acknowledge and return his feelings. He had done so much, he felt like it's time to be rewarded.

Eunji is such a strong-headed person and she does whatever the hell she wants. There's nothing that could stop her. Including Chanyeol.

And that also including if she wanted to love another man in the end which might turn out not to be him.

Footsteps were heard from a distant, a couple or more people were heading his way. He didn't bother to look to find out who, however.

Though, the voices heard was familiar. Or at least one of the voices was. Almost at the same time they called out each other's names.

"Park Chanyeol?"

"Eunji?"

Chanyeol knew she had gone out with her ex that day, however he didn't expect her to go out 'till late and having him walk her back to her apartment like this. That's what couples do. Right?

His legs worked hard trying to support his weight when he stood up. "Urgh . . . ." He placed his hand on his head, running his fingers through his hair, making them tousled and untidy as if it wasn't already.

"You okay?" Eunji came to his aid, holding his arm as tight as she could. Minhyuk wasn't happy with the sight--Eunji being all touchy with him--so he offered a help as well. (Which she took note of.)

She took in his smell as she breathed the air around him. "Were you drinking?" A heavy sigh escaped her. "Seriously, Chanyeol!?"

"I wanted to see you, Eunji," he said as he searched for her eyes, "I just wanted to . . . talk."

Eunji rolled her eyes. "But you're definitely not in the condition to hold a proper speech."

Chanyeol finally met eyes with Minhyuk. Both man were showing mild loathe toward each other--all visible in their eyes--but they know better than to show it in front of the girl they're trying to win. Or win back.

"Let's get you home instead," Eunji sighed and then turned to look at Minhyuk, "Go home. Thanks for driving me and stuff."

Minhyuk looked at her confused. "What? No!" He grabbed Chanyeol's other arm and went on, "I'm not leaving you alone with a drunk man, Eunji."

Eunji returned his gaze. "Park Chanyeol isn't someone I can't handle, Minhyuk."

"He'a a giant for f-ck's sake, like hell you can," he retorted as he pulled Chanyeol as if hauling a luggage. "Tell me where he lived!"

Chanyeol wanted to fight him, telling him he didn't want his rival to take his drunken home anyway. Yet his head was getting even clouded and painful, he couldn't think clear. Walk back home wasn't an easy task.

"Fine," Eunji eventually replied for the sole reason of not wanting to start a debate and raising their voices at 11 pm.

-

Eunji pressed the doorbell whilst Minhyuk held on to a half passed out Chanyeol. "Why don't you just ask him the passcode?" The latter asked.

She looked at him and then at Chanyeol who had his eyes closed again. "Yeah? Why don't you try and ask him?" As if a dead man can answer when you ask. "His roommate is home, I messaged him when we're on the elevator."

The doorbell was pressed once again and there was a long few seconds before Jongin answered. "Hey, sorry," he grinned, "Was in the bathroom."

Minhyuk approached, dragging Chanyeol beside him. "Here," he said, as if handing a thing to Jongin, "Take good care of this friend of yours. Don't let him come to her house drunk ever again."

"Whoa, whoa," Jongin took Chanyeol in, "What happened to him?"

Eunji took the chance to explain before Minhyuk did and say things the way he wanted it. "I went home to find him sitting in front of my door. He's already drunk by then. And so here we are, dropping him off, making sure he didn't sleep on the stairs instead."

Jongin stared at his friend before he replied, "Well, thanks, I guess."

He then avert his gaze toward Minhyuk. But the cold stare the latter gave him in return sent him chills. 'Damn, just what kind of guy is he . . .'

"Okay," Eunji nodded, "Make sure you check on him. I'll

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter