Meatball Pasta

Park Chanyeol vs. Her 7 Exes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-

Eunji and Minhyuk's next destination happened to be the ever-so-crowded Hongdae where their old workplace was. "It's kinda sad, seeing it closed," Minhyuk said as they stood still just before the entrance of the area, they stared at the cafe--quiet, still, and with no trace of human being presence.

"Yeah," Eunji agreed before she resumed her steps, not wanting to linger around for much longer.

Minhyuk glanced at the cafe one last time before he went to catch up with her. "You haven't eaten anything for lunch, have you?" He pulled the sleeve of his shirt to reveal the watch around his wrist. Time showed a quarter pass 3 already. "Do you want to have something light to eat? Pre-dinner snack, maybe?"

She stopped and shot him a gaze. "Who says I'm going to stick around with you 'till dinner?"

"No one," Minyuk shook his head, "But I'm suggesting," he then ended it with a shrug.

She had to look away again to hide her true reaction, a small smile.

They came across a tteokbokki cart and stopped to buy some. "Oh, it's you guys!" exclaimed the man who was selling them as soon as he saw the couple walking in. "I haven't seen you both in so long."

Minhyuk and Eunji exchanged glances among themselves. Completely confused as to why a tteokbokki vendor would recognize them. Especially in a street as crowded as Hongdae where thousands of people come and go every single day.

"I'm sorry," Minhyuk managed a chuckle to make it less rude, "Do I know you?"

"Ah, well, you don't," the man said in reply, "And it's not like I know you guys personally. But I know I've seen you guys a million times." He kept on shifting his focus between the tteokbokki he was making and his two customers. "You guys are in a band, right?"

"Were, actually," Eunji answered this time.

"Oh?" The man gasped. "You guys broke-up?" The usage of the word 'break-up' instead of 'disband' made the two of them somehow uncomfortable.

"Not exactly," Minhyuk quickly replied, somehow defensive, "It's just . . . the cafe we usually perform in is closed. So we don't really play together anymore." Eunji glanced at him for a second before poking around her tteokbokki again.

"That's sad . . . ," vendor-man muttered in reply to him. He grabbed two plastic cups of sikhye from the vendor beside him and handed them the sweet rice drink. "Here, have some. It's on me." Eunji knew he treated them with drinks because he felt bad for what befell upon them. It's a small thing but she hated pity.

But whatever, it's free.

-

"Let's go back," Eunji said out of the blue as they strolled down further into the evening. "I just don't feel like it anymore."

Minhyuk raised an eyebrow, 'What went wrong?' He took her hand and led her to a nearby bench, gesturing for her to take a seat. "So . . . what's wrong?"

He didn't sit, he stood before her, making her crane her neck upward to look at him.

"Nothing, Kang Minhyuk," she insisted, "I told you I just don't feel like it anymore."

Besides to stop Minhyuk from bothering her, she agreed on going out with him today because she needed something, a distraction, from what was going on between her and Chanyeol. Thinking about what he last said to her really burdened her.

She knew about his feelings, she just never thought for it to be that kind of feelings. That serious. He looked like a loyal puppy to her, not a mature man who found himself in love with a messed up girl. And she chose to ignore his affection, not wanting to get too sentimental when she wasn't ready for a new, serious, relationship just yet.

All that because of this man standing in front of her, because he still held her heart hostage.

And know, here she was, thinking about Chanyeol again, not being able to completely enjoy her day out and forget about him for just one day.

Is she worthy enough for him to wait this long for her? And does she really deserves someone who sincerely loves her for whoever she really is?

Also, what's with Minhyuk suddenly coming back into her life, asking so badly for a second chance?

She'd admit, that she had a little fun that afternoon, even if there wasn't even much that she do. 'He did you wrong,' Eunji told herself, 'Don't forget that.' She kept on reminding herself not to see him for who he was anymore or she won't be able to let him go and move on from him ever.

"So what do you want?" Minhyuk asked, feeling defeated. Eunji went out with her, they did a few things. He couldn't ask for more, he won't force her into doing him more good.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter