It's A Date, It's Not A Date

Park Chanyeol vs. Her 7 Exes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-

If not for the song on the radio which filled the air, the whole trip would otherwise be filled with nothing but silence between Eunji and Minhyuk. The former spent most of the time looking out the window with her head leaned back against the leather seat of the car; whilst the latter had to shift his focus between the road ahead and the girl beside him.

"The only thing you should be staring at is the road, Minhyuk," was the first thing she said since getting into his car.

"It's a red light," he argued, still looking at her.

Eunji glanced at him and gave him a look. "Besides making me feel uncomfortable, it's creepy," she replied, trying to keep her face as straight as possible now. She didn't want to show too much emotion in front him.

"Okay," Minhyuk sighed in defeat, "Fine." He now had his eyes solely looking straight ahead. At the same time, the light turned green so he stepped on the gas pedal and they resumed their trip.

He couldn't take it, the nothingness in the car was unbearable for him, and he didn't know how to get her to talk. She'd ignore him.

"Eunji-ya," he called out, though not waiting for her to response, "I know it must be weird for you to be here with me now, I know it must be uneasy for you to be hanging around someone who had hurt you so much. I know you'd never look at me the same way ever again, I perfectly know. And also, you have all the right to treat me like , I deserve that. But, please, don't treat me with silence. That kills me."

Eunji scoffed. One quick response. And Minhyuk knew she's utterly pissed.

"Yeah? Then I'll treat you with silence so you'd know how it feels like to be dead inside," she retorted.

Minhyuk exhaled hard. "Sorry," was the only thing he managed to say.

Eunji told Minhyuk to park his car in any parking lot so they could stroll down the streets of Gangnam by feet. He obediently obeyed. "Where do you want to go, anyway?" he asked as they got off the car.

She walked ahead of him while he pressed the button in his key to lock the vehicle. "Can't you wait for me?" Minhyuk did a little jog to catch up to her and sauntered in the same pace alongside her.

Eunji just rolled her eyes.

Minhyuk tried his best to be the friend who keeps her company, but it's just her trying to walk ahead of him and leaving him behind. He realized she was trying to push him away, make him annoyed by her deeds so that he'll finally give up and walk away from her. 'I won't back down, Ji,' he thought to himself.

And then she made a turn down the corner and casually made her way to a very famous ice-cream store in town.

"Baskin?" Minhyuk stopped just when Eunji was about to open the door. "So you're craving for ice-cream all this time?"

"Are you going to come or not?!" she asked irritatedly. "You're welcome to stay outside if you want."

Minhyuk sighed hard--he lost count of how many times he had that day--and then followed her in.

Food--especially sweet, sugary desserts like ice-cream--really does wonder on girls with attitude. In a second, as she looked into the glass showcase where the ice-creams were, Eunji's face lit up in excitement, her eyes keen on trying every single flavor. But she need not to have a taste of the flavors one by one, she already knew her favorite by heart.

And so did Minhyuk.

"New York Cheesecake, Cone, Single-King," he recited in perfect order as if he had them memorized before coming in. Eunji glanced at him and he was already looking at her. 'I remember, Ji,' he thought, hoping she'd understand his mind through the smile he was giving her.

"Is that all?" the cashier asked.

Minhyuk opened his mouth to answer when Eunji, in return, recited his order, "Iced Americano." He wasn't that much into sweet beverages. She went to search for a seat and happened to find the perfect spot by the window.

"Here you go," he offered her her order and then slid into the seat across from hers.

"It's three thousand five hundred, right?" Eunji was swift to grab her wallet from her purse but Minh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter