Chapter 3 : The wounded angel

HER FIRST, LAST LOVE.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Beauty isn't about having a pretty face. It is about having a pretty mind. a pretty heart and most importantly beautiful soul" 

SEOHYUN FLASHBACK

I rushed to the nearest bus stop. I’m late. I’m dead.

I was supposed to be at the café at 9.00 am but I’m already two hour late.  Mrs. Kim, the café owner is a scary woman. She barely accepts any excuses and immediately fired her staff. I have been working for her nearly a year now. Although she seems cold based on her outer appearance, I know that she is actually a nice lady inside compared to my stepmother. Remembering the hard days living with her make my heart ached. I stared at my left hand; the burned scar was still there although it’s almost 14 years now. I sat on the empty bench near the bus stop and rubbed my hand gently, trying to ease the pain that I still feel until now. I gazed blankly ahead; the surrounding was noiseless to me although there are few people standing in line waiting for the bus.

I shifted my view and looked at the few people there as I feel someone was staring at me. The moment I wanted to turn my head away, I saw a man standing in the last line wearing a black suit, holding a magazine on her right hand and a briefcase on his left smiling at me. I nodded and smiled back as I believed he might be one of the residents living here at our apartment, just to be pleasant in his eyes though my mind was elsewhere. I sighed as I know what awaits me once I arrived at the café. I’m always an early bird but last night I need to burn the midnight oils to finish up my coursework and fell asleep, waking up when my phone rang. Life was upside down for me at this moment, nothing seems to be in the right place. I’m suffocated.

The bus arrived and I walked standing in the line. The man earlier on requested me to stand in front of him but I just shake my head politely refusing his courteousness. I sat at the very end and breathe worryingly; If Mrs. Kim fired me, I’m going to face another problem looking for a new job that apt my lecture timetable in the evening.

I stared outside the window, looking at the sky silently praying that Mrs.Kim will forgive me this time and give me a chance.

KYUHYUN FLASHBACK

My phone keeps on rin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter