Chapter 27 : The Guilt

HER FIRST, LAST LOVE.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SEOHYUN POV

Everything that happens during the ceremony flashes and went by so fast. I care less about it and deep deep inside me; I wish that it was just a bad dream. Hour later, here I am alone in the hotel suite wearing the same bridal gown from my wedding ceremony with Kyuhyun, nothings feel the same and everything is so unfamiliar with the exception of the wedding gown that I’m wearing right now. How I wish the groom is still him this time, but despondently it’s not him and will never be him. It’s not Kyuhyun but Yonghwa. The man that I detest and hate the most has now become my lawfully wedded husband. I am officially Mrs. Jung now but that fact doesn’t thrills nor excite me and I assured that he felt the same way too.

As tears started to pool at the corner of my eyes, I slammed my body harsh to the bed, covering myself under the thick blanket and trying to guarantee myself not to cry as I am doing this for his mother sake. I close my eyes tight wanting to erase all the incidents that happen just now. I have no say in anything and it wasn’t anyone’s fault but me. Solely me. I am the one that allows them to treat me as they please.

It’s for Kyuhyun sake.

It’s all the time about him and never about them. I kept on repeating it on my mind.

“Joo Hyun, please agree to this wedding, Kyuhyun will be happy if you agree to marry his brother.” I remembered vividly Mrs. Cho request last night as she hugged me tight in her embrace.

Kyuhyun will be happy, will he? Marrying YongHwa will makes him happy?

As I gazed at the corner of the room, I saw him smiling brightly and lustrously looking at me. He is happy. How can I say no when it’s about making the man of my life happy.

“Yong Hwa is my son as well Hyun-ah, marrying him does helps me to heal the pain of losing Kyuhyun.”

My mind went blank. I have no words to utter. I am a living dead.

If this marriage is what it takes to make his mother pleased, why shouldn’t I agree to this? Making his mother happy is the least that I can do for him at this moment. This family had done so much for me. Kyuhyun gave me a family that I never had before. Her mother accepted me though I came from a vague family background. She loves me more than my stepmother ever does and maybe this is the right time for me to repay her kindness.

I nodded in silent and heard the three of them cheered happily while speaking to each other, I excuse myself and headed to his room upstairs. As I come into his room, the smells and scents of him is still here. I miss him badly. Real bad.

I sat soundlessly on his crib while looking at our picture together on his side table next to the bed. I breathe a long heavy sigh. I held close the necklace written his name. It hurts. It hurts like hell for me to make this wedding pronouncement but as it is for his family sake, I am prepared to swallow all the wounded.

“Baby, I promise everything will be fine”

“I am always here with you” He hugged me close from behind, tucked my hair and caressed my cheeks gently before kissing my neck tenderly trying to composed me.

“Please stay with me Kyuhyun..”

 “Please stay with me.” I begged and sobbed hard. Life has treated me real bad since he’s gone. The only thing that keeps me going is his memory and his presence by my side.

“I will baby…I always will” I closed my eyes tight as per I heard his soothing words, my heads started to feels heavy that I lie down on his bed and felt asleep as his hands snakes around my waist, caressing my hair gently.

“I love you” The last thing I heard before I fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up, I heard noises coming out from his room, there’s a woman voice knocking on the door calling my name several times and I lazily walked towards the door. The moment I opened the door, three young ladies bowed in front of me while one of them holding my wedding gown. I come to my senses right away. The wedding.  I am all puzzled before Yong Hwa suddenly came from behind of my back and whispered close into my ears.

“Get ready baby” He caressed my hair gently.

Is he all this while in the same room with me, I couldn’t care less.

“I’ll get everything done. It’s our wedding day” He kissed my cheeks long enough that I pushed him away hard before he smiled irksomely. He ordered the three ladies with serious and stern face to do a great job in helping me to get ready before his excuse himself. The three young ladies then rushed inside the room setting everything up before asking politely for me to get ready for the wedding ceremony. I nodded understand and headed to the bathroom.

It took me less than an hour to get ready, I let my hair free and with natural makeup, I told the three ladies I’m off to the wedding though they seems to be reluctant to let me go. Although the wedding gown was loose, and I had no accessories on, I care less about my appearance and get inside the car that waits for me. As I arrived to the hotel, Mrs. Cho welcomes me with bright smile and showered me with kisses before we headed towards the private hall. So this is what it’s going to be like during my wedding day with Kyuhyun as I looked at her cheerful and happy face.

As we entered the hall, I saw unfamiliar faces but it doesn’t bothered me as I want this event to end up as soon as possible. I walked where Mrs. Cho leads me to without looking nor right or left.  I kept my head low and all that I heard is my own uneven breathing. Nothing feels right at this moment but I have to do this. The sudden harsh gripped on my hands surprised me. I raised my head and there he was standing so close to me squeezing my hands hard. Whatever the priest has been saying, It doesn’t came across my mind and as YongHwa was about to take my hand to put the wedding ring, tears broke into my eyes and I murmured Kyuhyun name as I bit my lips. I lost my precious wedding ring that Kyuhyun gave me and to accept this new ring kills me critically. I closed my eyes to gain my strength when the priest announces that we’re now husband and wife. He kissed my lips tenderly but all I can sense is hatred and revenge rather than love. I saw he smiled victoriously towards me but I ignored it.

The moment Mrs.Cho and others busy entertaining the guests; I flee to the room without informing them.

And now here I am leaving my wedding ceremony. Alone and relieved – relieved that I am able to do something for his mother sake.

As I was trying to ease my mind hiding under the blanket, my stomach started to growls gravely out of sudden. I stood up from the bed and marched towards the dressing table where I place my bag and swallowed my medications which is the only food that I yearned and desired most every time I’m starving. The last meal that I had was yesterday. The lunch that cooked by Minho. I tried to pace back to the bed but the stomach-aches and the unbearable aching and discomfort just wouldn’t go away. This doesn’t feel right at all. I never felt this kind of pain before. I know that my healthiness condition is not at its finest stage and I do suffers ill health and others but this sting that keeps on pounding hard inside my belly makes me trembles real bad.

I reached for the phone and rang the receptionist to get me a cab. I need to get out of here and from these people who care less about me. The surrounding itself is making me lightheaded and suffocated. I forced myself to change and headed out of the room bringing together my wedding gown. I left the wedding ring on the table with a note for him in case he’s finding for me. The walking distance from the hotel lobby to the entrance where the taxi was waiting for me seems so far away. I rubbed my stomach gently and repeatedly to ease away the pain but it was way too much for me to take that I started tearing up.

“The nearest clinic please” I ordered the taxi driver as soon as I stepped into the back passenger seat. Without hesitation, he drove me away from my wedding ceremony. I bit my lips hard to hide to the excruciating pain from the taxi driver when I noticed that there’s a red liquid on my dress. My heart beats eccentrically as I know that is my blood.

“Where are here miss”

I looked outside the window and thank god that I arrived. With shaking hands and forced smile, I pay the taxi driver before heading shaky and wobbly towards the clinic. As the pain is no longer endurable and I started crying hard, with the energy that left nil inside me, I scream for help but my voice was too soft to be heard and everything second later everything went pitch black.

--------------------------------------------

TWO HOURS LATER

“Miss, you’re awake, I’ll call the doctor for you”

The crazy aches that I felt earlier feels a little better though it still aches. I rubbed my belly several times and felt so wrong. There’s a part of me that keeps telling myself that somewhat there is something that is not right and I can’t shush that feeling away from me. I looked around inside the small room and quickly noticed that I’m in a clinic. I tried to stand up but then I heard the door being opened.

“Don’t force yourself miss, please lay down, you need a rest.” The doctor came and asked the nurse to help me to adjust myself to lie down comfortably.

“I’m fine now” I said confidently.

“I need to go home”

He takes his breaths heavily and stood next to me gazing the nurse to get out of the room.

“Miss, I’m sorry to tell you that we can safe your baby.” He looked at me right into my eyes and I smiled foolish. He must have mistaken me with another patient.

“I’m suffering from stomach-ache, that’s it”

“What baby are you talking about sir?” I tried to stand up once again but he stopped me.

“Miss please.. You are not in a good condition and I shall call your husband to inform this, we are truly sorry to inform you that we can’t save your baby since you are in the early stage and your pregnancy is still fragile.”

Baby?

My baby?

I rubbed my stomach once again and started to comprehend the sudden emptiness. The morning sickness, the weird feeling that I’ve been having this few days was because of the pregnancy. I silently laughed foolishly. The night when Yong Hwa ed me hard lingered in my mind. I pulled my hair hard disbelieving the reality. What kind of jokes of this. Haven’t I suffered enough that God tested me up to this limits. I laughed while tears falling down on my cheeks. My baby, it was all my mistakes, if I had noticed this earlier, I wouldn’t be alone anymore in this world.  

The wedding. The baby. What else could god tested me after this.

“Miss, can we have your husband contact number?” The doctor asked.

“He’s…..”

“He’s dead.” I answered solemly.

“My husband is dead” I paused.

“I’ll take care of myself”

The doctor then left the room leaving me all puzzled and cloud.  My mind is in a mess right now. There’s just too much for me to process at this very moment. Wasting time no more, I forced myself to stand up using every bit of energy that I still have right now. I ignored the pain and all I ever wanted is to be home right now. Lying on my bed and wishing that there’s no tomorrow for me.

____________________________________________

YONGHWA POV

“Dude.. your wife is so freaking hot” Hong ki tapped my shoulder hard and smile as good luck would have it.

“Super hot man. Lucky bastard” Jong hyun added.

“Where do you meet her man. Seriously you should consider yourself lucky to marry such a hottie”

“If you haven’t marry her first, I’m sure going to fall for her so bad”

I smiled please. Of course she is I said to myself. Proud of hearing that fact and looking at my friends’ jealousy and envious faces, I smiled triumphantly. I accompany them for drinks and left her alone with Mrs. Cho minutes ago. The moment she walked the aisle heading towards me, the hall kept silence as I am sure they are captivated and hypnotized looking at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter