Chapter 20 : The answer

HER FIRST, LAST LOVE.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YONGHWA POV

The moment she entered the restaurant, the second I saw her face, sudden gust change the whole atmosphere. The sounds of people talking and laughing just now went hushed. As she was walking towards us, I saw few men sitting at the bar were looking at her adoring and admiring her angelic beauty. I can’t take my eyes of her. The dress she wore was alluring and appealing that I find myself hard to breathe engrossed with her beauty tonight.

She looked different. She isn’t the same girl that I saw hours ago. She’s all classy and refined that my mother who was sitting next to me rubbed her eyes incredulity. She’s the black swan no more. The body fit dress that she wore stood out her slim figure and those long legs sure makes all men that were looking at her drooling. I faced back at the men at the bar and noticed that they are still eyeing her sensually from head to toes that arisen my anger.

“I’m sorry we’re late” Mrs. Cho and Seo Hyun bowed courteously towards.

My mother invited Mrs.Cho to sit next to her leaving Seo Hyun with no other choice rather than to sit next to me. I stood up gentlemanly, pulled the chairs out and bring it closer to me forcing her to be near me and she sat inaudible.

“It’s fine, we just arrived minutes ago.” My mother replied welcomingly.

Turning my head to my left, I saw my mother fake intimacy with Mrs.Cho. She was holding Mrs.Cho hands and smiling favourably at them. I knew that my mother were in acting mode at the moment and pretending to be close with Mrs.Cho right now since along the way here, she keeps on nagging and bugging me about her plan over Mrs.Cho and Seo Joo Hyun.

She keeps on reminding me about how possible it is for Seohyun and Mrs.Cho to simply hand over all the shares without having or planning another bad strategy towards my family. Logically, whatever my mother’s thought about Mrs.Cho and Seohyun does make sense.  

I shrugged my shoulders and inhale deep to ease my mind and my jumpiness, but still, sitting next and close to Seo Joo Hyun right now doesn’t seem to settle the butterflies in my stomach.

While my mother and Mrs.Cho were bonding and talking to each other, I shift my glance to the person next to my right that hasn’t spoken a word since arrived. She was looking at my mother’s direction emptily and I knew that she’s not into their conversation since she hasn’t responded to any of their jokes and stories.

Silently I pulled my chair closer that our shoulders touch each other but she doesn’t seem to mind. She may look different on the outside but she still the same Seo Joo Hyun that I first met. She never acknowledges my existence and that hurts my pride real bad.

“Would you like something to drink?” I asked her but she kept silence.

“Hummph.. would you like something to drink?” I make a small caught sound to attract her attention but she remained muted. I came closer to her, held her hand tight and whispered near her ear the same question for the third times.

“Would you like something to drink?”

She was taken aback with my abruptness that she turned her head to face me and the moment she looked at me, I peck a quick kiss on her cheeks. She stared at me mad and her face reddened. I looked deep into her blue eyes that sway me away. I smiled elatedly before she pushed me hard further from her.

“That’s what you got for not answering my question lady.” I adjusted my coat and sat still pretended that nothing happens.

I smiled while watching her uneasiness and discomfort. She pulled her chair farther away from me but I move mine closer again to hers.

When dinner was served, we ate wordlessly leaving my mother and Mrs.Cho chatting happily and I noticed that she barely touched her foods. She then rummaged through her purse and grabbed blue pills and popped the pills in , opened the water bottle in front of her and took a swallow of water.

“Are you not feeling well

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter