never again without him

precious

Seungho yawned as he sat up from his bed. His messy bed hair became more of a mess as he ruffled them. He took a glance at Mir's bed and frowned. The bed was supposed to be still empty since Mir was still at Jansung. But, he saw clearly the lump on the bed and a mop of brown hair peeking from under the sheet causing his heart to skip a beat in happiness thinking that maybe their maknae had came back to them, but quickly realized, that mop of hair belong to Cheondung, not Mir.

"Yah." Seungho shook the visual maknae's shoulder. "Why are you sleeping here?" Seungho asked when Cheondung pulled away the blanket, revealing his still sleepy face.

"Byunghee hyung was too noisy again yesterday." The boy pouted and lazily jumped down from Mir's bed. "And I miss Cheolyong." He mumbled to himself, but Seungho still heard the boy.

Seungho chuckled. Since Mir was staying in Jansung, they hadn't got a chance to meet the maknae. It had already been weeks but their tight schedule won't allow them to go all the way to Jansung. So, GO opted to call the maknae almost each time they got a break especially at night. The other three didn't even have a chance to call the maknae themselves and Mir never called them too. Mir was too busy talking to GO that the maknae forgot about his other hyungs.

"Where's Chansung hyung?" Cheondung asked as he looked around the room.

"Probably at practice room again." Seungho said and just shrugged when Cheondung shot him a worried look. He too was confused as why Joon kept spending time at practice room, even sometimes spent the night there since lately. But, he might got some idea on it. The only quality time that was spent to bond between Joon and Mir was when those two were practicing together. Joon was probably missing on the maknae and that the only way to cope with it was to spend time at the place filled with memories of them two. He knew this because he too kept doing that. Each time, he would have his dinner at Mir's and his favourite restaurant, feeling like the longing would cease even just a bit.

"Go and wake Byunghee up. We have practice today." And Cheondung nodded as the boy jogged back to his own room.

The three was up and about after half and hour and were already flooding out of the dorm to the practice room. When they reached there, they saw Joon was already dancing to their song alone. They just joined the lad wordlessly. This was them now. When Mir wasn't with them, it felt so quiet. None of them in the mood anyway to joke around. They were all missing the maknae. But, what could they do? They have work to do.

After hours of practicing, Joon finally collapsed and lied down on his back, breathing hard. The other three rushed to the lad in concern but frowned in confusion as they heard Joon's soft chuckle.

"Are you okay?" GO asked skeptically at Joon's sudden laugh. Thinking that probably Joon had lost his mind already due to their busy days of work.

"Yeah..." Joon managed breathlessly. "It just that, I suddenly remembered how Cheolyong could have survive through all those practice when even I can't." He explained.

The other three sat around the still lying Joon. "Are you copying Cheolyong? Because if you are, then you need to remember that even maknae didn't survive. You do know, he collapsed because of all the intense practices he did." GO said, cocking his brow to Joon.

Joon nodded and shrugged. "I know. I just want to understand him better." He said quietly. Letting the sound of their song resounded in the room until he voiced again. "It's so quiet." Joon mumbled.

"What?" GO asked confused. How could it be quiet when their song were booming in the room?

"It is." Seungho replied to Joon's words making GO even more confused, but the latter didn't say anything, as he saw Joon was opening his mouth to say more.

"You know..." Joon swallowed, his eyes looking into the distant. "I thought of him as annoying most of time. He was so loud. So rumbunctious." Another chuckle escaped his lips. "But now that he is not here, it felt so quiet. So lonely. Yeah... I think I miss him."

GO too chuckled at Joon's words, finally understand where the flow of this conversation was taking them as he laid himself beside the lad, looking up on the white ceiling. "If we're being honest here, all of us didn't like him from the start but then fall so hard for him. When I started getting to know him, he was full of surprises. He is more than what he seem."

Seungho too, fall on his back, exhaling a long breath. "He is one precious little guy."

"The saying of we only know the value of something when we lost it seem to make sense now. To me, at least." Cheondung joined in, leaning his back on the wall of the big mirrors. His eyes drifted to the door. "When will he come back?" He muttered sadly.

"I don't know. I keep imagining him, walking through that door and greeted us with his foolish grin. He'll be back eventually. And we'll keep waiting for that day." Seungho commented, his eyes too were on the still closed door.

"I miss him." Joon mumbled, eyes too were staring at the door. So did GO who mumbled the same thing.

Suddenly, the door flung open and there, stood Mir, waving at them with that sunny smile of him. Way to ruin the moment his hyungs were having. "I'm back!" The boy announced cheerfully, totally oblivious to the similar expression of shock on his hyungs' faces. All four of them were having their eyes as wide open as saucers and their jaw could have hit the floor if it was possible as they watch the maknae walked slowly into the room. "What? Seem like you guys not that happy that I'm here." Mir pouted. "I'm going back to Jansung then." He playfully turned around but Seungho was the first to break out of his trance as he caught the maknae's wrist.

Seungho pulled the maknae to sit facing him as he cupped Mir's face, inspecting the boy. He still couldn't believe that Mir was back.

"You said, you back still didn't heal?" GO asked, already flashing to Mir's side and pulled up Mir's sweater to make sure if the maknae still was wearing the back supporter and the maknae did.

Joon and Cheondung too crawled to their maknae. The four boys now sat in a small circle around the youngest. "Kyungho hyung said, I'll perform, but only a bit. I'm still forbidden from dancing or any streanous activity." Mir explained. "But, I'm back!" He repeated again, loudly.

"Welcome home!" Joon said in a same loud voice as he back hugged the laughing maknae. The others, joined, making a group hug with Mir as the centre.

Mir smiled happily. He actually had coincidentally heard his hyungs talking about him just now. And he knew they were sincere. They sure hadn't start smooth. But they came to this step by step. But that just added to its meaning, to its significance. And now, the bond was much more than just between group members. They were family. To him, it wasn't him that was precious, but the bond they shared is the precious one. "Home~" Mir sighed in satisfaction as he replied to the hug knowing, even if they were to fight again in the future, the feelings they shared won't change.

 

 

 

-well, i hope the ending wasn't rush. Yup, it end (dropping the bomb). I'll just drop it here. Sorry this fic wasn't that good. but i still hope you guys enjoy it. For my other fic, apocalypse II (which faramir is looking forward too *grin*) which is here, http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/899104/apocalypse-ii-cheondoong- joon-mblaq-mir-seungho-shinee-byungheego I might not update it for a while, cuz I actually had write half of it in my phone but then, my phone just has to break down. So, until I get my phone back, I won't be updating that fic. Byebye guys~-

 

Ah~ one more thing. I actually write this precious fic too in my phone, so the storyline has changed a bit halfway through when my phone broke down cuz i write it spontaneously on my lappy. If i'm in the mood, I might post the one i write beforehand here too after my phone is okay again. But, maybe not cuz i personally think this one is better than the one in my phone

thanks for spending time to read my fics and thanks a lot to KARENKITTY, GENERATIONX, FARAMIR, SE7NE17, AND OTHERS WHO HAD COMMENTED ON THIS FIC. LOVE YOU ALL~ MMUAHH!