Let leader and maknae bond

precious

Right when they reached home, Mir sulkily stomped off to his shared bedroom. He was angry with Joon for taking away his time to practice. He wanted to perfect his moves. Why couldn't the dancer understand.

Mir climbed up to his bed on the upper bunk and covered himself under the duvet. His muscles were all stiff and sore due to the continuous heavy dancing. He counted. It had been three months since he started practicing for the long hour without counting in the group practice. This was on his own. He'd rather practicing than sit idly around the house. All of his other hyungs got individual schedule. He was the only one who didn't have any. So, he opted to spend those free times to sharpen his skills. When GO came back from his schedule, he would make sure to scold his second oldest hyung for making Joon dragged him home from practice.

"Cheolyongie?" The all too familiar voice resounded in the silent room followed by a soft rub on his blanket covered arm. 

Reluctantly, the maknae pulled of the blanket revealing his face and saw the leader's soft smile.

"Did you fight with Changsun?" The leader asked as he climbed on Mir's bed and sit next to the maknae who was by now sitting with his back on the wall. Mir shook his head. 

Seungho reached for the maknae's still shaking hand and frowned. "Why are you trembling?" 

Mir suddenly felt overwhelmed with Seungho's sudden concern and the gentle voice. It reminded him of his mother. 

Mir looked up at Seungho with his big glassy doe eyes taking the older slightly off guard. Mir was never one to show his emotion but somehow, the boy did tonight.

A drop of clear pearl on Mir's cheek light something in Seungho heart as he tenderly brought the poor boy in his warm embrace. He gently the boy's dark brown locks and hushed the boy soothingly.

The duo didn't realized the watching eyes through the narrow slit of the slightly open door.

After a few minutes of crying, Mir finally calmed down and pulled away. "Sorry." He mumbled hanging his head low.

A soft smile tugged on Seungho's pillow lips as he ruffled Mir's hair lovingly. "Don't apologize for something like this. So, what happened? Did Changsun say something to you?" 

Mir was fast to shake his head. "No. God, no. I guess I was just got carried away with emotion." Mir informed as vaguely as he could too embarassed to share his emotion with someone other than his bestfriends and GO.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?" Seungho made sure Mir saw the sincerity in his eyes. It had been long since he being this close with the maknae. Since the maknae became too close with GO.

Mir bit his bottom lips as he stared at his own hands in his laps. "I... I..." He gulped. "I think I'm not good enough to be in MBLAQ." He revealed and looked away to his other side to hide his scarlet face. He knew he sounded like a child. He was expecting Seungho to laugh at him but instead, the leader's voice turned serious and strict.

"What made you think like that?" Mir looked up at Seungho and slightly scared with his stern expression.

"I... It's just that you... You guys have lots of attention and I..." Mir stuttered. 

The boy didn't have to finish as Seungho knew what he was thinking. The other members all got individual schedule and Mir was somehow a bit excluded.

Seungho once again pulled Mir into a hug this time tighter. His brows creased as he wrapped his arms around Mir's body. Mir had became too thin. He didn't realized it. The large hoodie Mir wore hid his small frame.

"Listen. You are talented and the most hardworking member among us. Don't you ever say something like that again. MBLAQ wouldn't be MBLAQ without you." 

"You're saying that just to comfort me." Mir mumbled against Seungho's sweater.

"You don't trust me? Have I ever lied to you?" Mir shook his head and buried his face in Seungho's shoulder. "Good. You know, if anything, you're the anchor of MBLAQ. Understand?"

He smiled when he received small nod from the younger.

Mir made himself comfortable in Seungho's arm and he muttered a quiet thanks to his oldest hyung. 

He had calmed down a bit although he was still a bit embarassed for showing his vulnerable side to the leader. GO was the only member who had seen this side of Mir which Mir hid expertly from other members since none of them cared much of him. But that didn't mean he would stop pushing himself. He dreaded for acknowledgement. He wanted people to recognize his hardwork and not just seeing him as a lucky parachute. He wanted to show he too worked for his dream. And he would keep striving for it.

 

-of course the leader care about Mireu. Hmm... this story much more boring than I thought. Well, sorry for that-

*ps : who do you think watching leader-maknae moment??