he never expected anything

precious

Mir closed his tired eyes and let out a defeated sigh. It had been two weeks. Seungho and Joon were ignoring him completely like he was invisible. Only GO and Cheondung kept talking to him. Mir smiled tiredly as he stared blankly to the wall of mirrors in the practice room. The boy looked up when he heard the sound of door opening.

Mir's wide brown eyes met Seungho's dark ones. Mir stood up and bowed politely. "You're here, hyung." He greeted but Seungho just walked past him. Mir stood still. He never expected anything. Seungho was still hate him for what he did. Mir walked to the door. "I'm going to get some coffee first." He informed and left the room. He couldn't stay in the same room as Seungho knowing how the older probably wasn't comfortable with his presence.

The maknae walked down the hallway slowly. His back had been disturbing him lately. He tried not to exert himself too much outside the practice. Suddenly, a wave of pain rushed through his back and the boy fall on his knees with a yelp. "Cheolyong-shi!" The guard that was coincidentally on his patrol came running to the MBLAQ maknae as he saw the boy colapse.

The guard held onto Mir's arms, stabilizing the weak maknae. "Thanks." Mir whispered, his face scrunched up in pain.

"Did you overwork yourself again?" The guard asked worriedly as he lead the boy to a couch in the lobby. Mir just smiled even when it looked stiff with the pain he felt. The guard shook his head. Mir was of the same age as his son and he hated it to see such a young cheerful boy getting hurt. "Should I take you to the hospital?"

"It's okay, ahjushi. I just need to sit for a while. But, it would be great if you can get me some painkillers." The guard nodded and Mir watched as the middle-aged man walked away. He closed his eyes and tried to rest while his hands kept massaging his back even when it didn't really help to ease his pain.

"Cheolyongie?" Mir opened his eyes and saw GO was already standing beside him. The older took a sit next to the younger. "What are you doing here? Why aren't you in the practi-" GO stopped himself as he saw Mir's face was looking pale. "It hurt again?" He asked, gaining a weak nod from the maknae. "We need to get you for a check-up. This can't keep going on." He voiced worriedly as he pushed away Mir's hand and started to massage MIr's back himself.

Mir sighed in relief. GO was great at massaging and he already felt the pain was dulling off a bit. "We don't really have time these days." Mir reminded and GO knew the maknae was right.

"We'll make time. I'll talk to the manager." GO said determinedly. He looked up as he saw a guard came nearer with a glass and pills in his hands. The guard handed both to Mir who nodded a silent thanks.

"You should sleep and rest." The guard adviced and went to continue his work.

GO stopped massaging the sick maknae and the boy's chestnut hair. Worries never leave his features. "You can't practice like this. I'll call the manager now."

"Wait, hyung." Mir sat up straight. "I think, I'm okay already. Plus, we have radio show after this. We can't just skip them." The maknae tried. "I promise you, I'll go for a check up once we're free. Okay?" And Mir knew he already succeeded in convincing his hyung when he heard GO's defeated sigh.

"Fine. But, let me carry you for now." Without waiting for the maknae's answer, he swiftly hoisted to boy on to his back and piggyback the maknae all the way back to the practice room. He frowned. His heart clenched as he felt how light Mir was on his back. Something was wrong. But he hoped it wouldn't be anything serious.