jansung

precious

The four figures had been standing up side by side in front of the huge house. They stared at the red gate that was still closed and locked from them, the unexpected guests. GO nudged the leader's arm as he gave a little push to the other. "You go." He whispered in a hushed voice as if he was afraid the owner of the house would hear him.

Seungho pouted. "Why me?" He whined and stepped back not wanting to obliged with the slightly younger boy's order.

Along the ride to the Jansung, them four had been so determined and confident, saying words like, 'Of course Cheolyong would be happy meeting us.' and 'Even Jihoon hyungnim said Cheolyong wouldn't hate us.' But, now that they were here, standing right in front of the red gate that surrounding Mir's family house, their confidence just flew out of the window. All four of them became like a little kids, afraid of getting scolded by their parents. They kept pushing each other forward but none of them really dare to call for the owner of the house.

"Dongie, you're the maknae here. Go!" Joon put his palm on the taller boy's back and pushed the slender boy towards the gate, supported by the other two hyungs.

Cheondung gulped loudly. He didn't know why they were being like this. So timid, when in fact, they were only going to see no one else but their own maknae. They had never been so timid in front of the maknae. But, maybe they should, after what they had done.

Cheondung's index finger just one inch away from the doorbell when he retreated back. "I can't..." He muttered barely above whisper as he shot the three hyungs his pleading eyes, almost resembling Mir's.

"Let's do it together then." Seungho said and the others agreed. They had been standing here, in front of Mir house since ten minutes ago. Sooner or later, they still had to face Mir and they had already prepared mentally. They won't feel hurt if Mir end up scolding them. They deserve it. They deserved Mir's anger.

The four boys were about to press the doorbell when a voice suddenly called on them causing all of them to jump in shock. They turned and smiled gladly, seeing Mir's bestfriend, Kongchi. "Oh~ Kongchi!" Seungho exclaimed as he high-fived the younger. Yeah, they had met Kongchi before. All of them have at least once followed Mir back to Jansung, even when their relationship wasn't that great. And to be honest, that was all because of them, not Mir.

"When did you guys arrive?" Kongchi asked, picking up back the basket he put down just now to greet and hug the members of MBLAQ.

"Just now." Seungho answered, peeking into the green basket. "What's that?"

Kongchi raised a bit the basket in his hand. "Owh, this? Some herbs I picked up at the mountain. I heard, they're good for health. I'm giving some to Cheolyong." He said as he waltzed to the gate and nonchalantly pressed on the doorbell only to flinched when four different screams of 'NO!' assaulted his ears. "What the hell?" He asked as he looked over to the four boys whom by now were shuffling in their places and grinning nervously. "You guys looked like you're about to meet your highschool crush." Kongchi teased, making a weird face.

Seconds later, the gate opened, revealing Mir's father who seemed pleasently surprised at the sight of the four MBLAQ boys. He invited all of the boys inside, except Kongchi since the boy still need to get back home to help his father taking care of their farm.

"Cheolyongie..." Seungho's voice trailed off in questioning manner as they sat in the living room, sipping on the freshly obtained cow milk that Mrs. Bang had served them. From the hospitality that Mir's family had shown them, they guessed as much as Mir's parents were clueless of the way they had treated their one and only precious son. And that fact just added on to the heavy burden of guilt weighing them down.

"That kid had been missing since early this morning. He really didn't listen even when he's sick like that." Mrs. Bang nagged.

Mr. Bang just shook his head with a small smile on his lips at his loud wife's antic. "He's probably there again. No need to worry."

Mrs. Bang's features softened. "He only share his problem with the trees and river. What is so special about things that can't move or talk when his parents are always here for him?" The woman mumbled, looking a bit dissappointed.

"That's just his personality. We can't change that. But, I'm sure he already know we're always here for him and that he's not alone." No one could argue that this man was surely a father.

The MBLAQ members just listened attentively as the husband and wife talked about their son taking in a little bit of Mir's real personality. About their Mir. "C-can we know where is the place Cheolyong go?"

Mr. Bang looked up from his conversation. A toothy smile hung on his lips as the older man scratched the back of his head. "He's probably at the river at the end of the village. He will be back by evening."

"Maybe we'll go to him. It's better that way." GO joined in.

"Well, if you insist, I can show you the place." Mr. Bang offered but MBLAQ boys were quick to decline. Politely.

"No. No. I'm sure we can find it ourselves. You might still have other works to do." Seungho said with a friendly smile.

Mrs. Bang went into the kitchen and was out with a small container just as the same size as a man's palm. "Can you do me a favour, since you're going to him. He left his meds here. Give it to him." Mrs. Bang gave the container to Joon who nodded at the request.

"We'll get going then." Seungho added and bowed politely to the couple and went on their way to find Mir.

 

 

-i'm confused here. was it 'Jansung' or 'Jangsung'? Whatever~ I'm thinking of making loveline but then I was never good at writing any romance. Haha. so, nope! that was out of the question-