Slight Jealousy

Love Entanglement

9

Eunmi, I’ll be buying the groceries, I’ll be back by five.

If you’re back in the hostel, remember to heat up the water.

-Jaemi

Jaemi placed the pen down and stick the note on the fridge before leaving the dormitory.

 

It’s been more than a month since she just attended the school, and has been a month since she moved into the hostel with Eunmi and she just love the days.

 

If she were to count the school days with Jerkyeol pestering her, she has to say she has resigned to her fate and treated Jerkyeol’s presence as a test to her patience. And I think she doesn’t really mind Jerkyeol’s pestering anymore.

Oh, and if you were wondering or forgot who’s Jerkyeol, it’s no other than the student president of the school, Park Chanyeol. *smiles*

 

Baekhyun sat on his bike, looking for Jaemi to come out and once he found her, he immediately cycled towards her.

She walked down the slope when all of a sudden a voice called out. “Jaemi!”

But it wasn't loud enough for Jaemi to hear him.

He cycled beside her, two metres away from her and he shouted her name again.

 

Jaemi had her headphones on and she was oblivious.

Baekhyun looked in front, then at Jaemi, where he cycled down a slope and he screamed when he suddenly lost control of his bicycle.

Jaemi took off her headphones and looked at Baekhyun going downhill. "Baekhyun! Be careful!"

 

Baekhyun braked in time and he caught his breath.

"Baekhyun!" Jaemi called out, running down the slope and he turned to look at her, smiling.

"Are you okay?!" she asked worriedly, looking at him in concern, examining his legs and arms.

He smiled at her and nodded his head. "I'm fine. I braked in time." She heaved a sigh of relief and smiled. "Thank god." He smiled sheepishly and waved at her. “Jaemi, where are you going?” he asked.

 

“To the mart. I need to buy some groceries. Why? You want to give me a lift?” she asked, wriggling her eyebrows while he nodded. “Smart, how did you know?” he asked while Jaemi blinked in surprise. “I was just kidding,” she replied.

 

Baekhyun scratched the back of his neck sheepishly again. “Well, if you don’t mind, I can give you a lift,” he said. “For giving me that lucky coin, it helped me a lot,” he added and she shrugged. “Alright then.” She hopped on behind Baekhyun and he started cycling to the mart.

“Actually that coin wasn’t anything, it’s your mindset that changes,” she explained, holding firmly onto Baekhyun’s shoulders as they cycled down the slope. “If you don’t mind, just hold on to my waist,” he said. She nodded and smiled, then slowly wrapped her arms around his waist. “Thanks.”

 

As they cycled down to the mart, they passed Chanyeol and his eyes widened in surprise. He whipped his head back to see Jaemi tugging on Baekhyun’s waist and his eyebrows were immediately furrowed together.

 

“Stop!” he shouted as he waved his hands in the air and chased after them. Baekhyun immediately braked to a stop and turned back, to see Chanyeol chasing after them.

Jaemi sighed and looked at Chanyeol, her hands releasing her grip on Baekhyun and he felt slightly disappointed.

“Chanyeol, what are you doing here?” she asked while Chanyeol frowned and pointed a finger at her. “I should be the one asking you what are YOU doing on Baekhyun’s bicycle,” he said. “Get off his bicycle at once.”

Jaemi exchanged looks with Baekhyun and raised an eyebrow at the president. “Why can’t I be on his bicycle?”

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun while he too raised an eyebrow.

 

“Wh-where are you two going?” he asked while Baekhyun pointed to the mart. “I’m giving her a lift to the mart.” Chanyeol grinned. “Well, then give me a lift to the mart too,” he said while both Jaemi and Baekhyun gawked at him.

 

“Chanyeol, there’s only enough space for two,” she said. “Plus, I can see that you have already bought your items from the mart,” she added, pointing a finger down at the plastic bags Chanyeol was carrying and he pouted. “I forgot to buy, eggs. I need to go to the mart now.”

“Baekhyun get off, I’ll ride Jaemi to the mart. I just want to ride the bike,” Chanyeol said and immediately pushed Baekhyun off while Jaemi shot him a look. “Then why don’t I get off and you can ride the bicycle with Baekhyun?” Jaemi suggested and he nodded his head immediately, then quickly shook his head.

 

Jaemi frowned and kicked his leg. Chanyeol winced and crouched down, holding onto his leg. “JAEMI!” he whined.

“Just walk there, Chanyeol. Baekhyun let’s go,” she said and he nodded his head. Smiling, he continued cycling, leaving Chanyeol on the street, gawking at them as he stomped his feet.

 

They both went into the mart and they stood side by side at the counter after paying for the items, and Jaemi couldn’t help but sigh. “I really don’t understand him. Whiny, immature, childish, I have no idea how he became student president. Did he pull strings or something?” she whispered to Baekhyun while he chuckled. “You only see his playful side. Chanyeol’s just playful at times, but sometimes, he can be responsible and impartial.”

 

Jaemi gawked at his sentence and blinked. Responsible and impartial side of Chanyeol? Jaemi can’t imagine it.

“In year one, during the camp, he scolded me in front of the entire cohort because I was chatting while the instructor was briefing us because he knew that the camp stresses about discipline and responsibility. If you can’t have these two, you’re out,” he said.

 

Jaemi shook her head in amusement and she sighed. “I even signed up for that camp, I’m going to be dead,” she muttered under her breath.

Baekhyun grinned as he nudged her. “Don’t worry, I can always train you well to be ready. Plus, during the camp I’ll be here with you, just relax.” He sent an assuring smile. Jaemi smiled and nodded. “Thanks.”

 

 

When Jaemi got back to the hostel, she was first greeted by Chanyeol at her door who was grinning widely at her and she sighed. “What now, JERKyeol?” she asked.

 

“Would you like to go on a date with me after school tomorrow?” he asked excitedly while she shook her head. “Not interested,” she replied immediately and Chanyeol pouted, then snapped his fingers. “I mean, study date,” he corrected while Jaemi’s ears perked up and she raised an eyebrow at him. “Study date? Not a date?”

“Study date. Bring all of your study materials and questions you need to ask tomorrow, I’ll help you solve them,” he said proudly, hitting his chest while she pressed her lips into a firm line and nodded.

 

“I’ll meet you here then!” he exclaimed and skipped happily, but then quickly came back and raised his pinkie finger to her eye level. “Promise?” he asked and Jaemi rolled her eyes, shaking her head in amusement and she nodded. “Why are you so childish.. Yeah, promise,” she said and hooked.

 

When she entered the dorm, she was greeted by Eunmi smirking at her on her bed, as she munched down the chips and chuckled. “Date tomorrow, huh?” she confirmed.

Jaemi let out a groan and sunk in her bed, shooting a look at Eunmi. “I think you’re thinking too much, Eunmi.”

“I think your charm is overwhelming, Jaemi,” she said and jumped over to her side, then nudging her. “So where are you going to go?” she asked, raising an eyebrow while Jaemi chuckled and pushed her away. “Just at a cafe. I’ll ask him questions and once we’re done, we’re done.” She shrugged. “How complicated can it be.”

Eunmi sighed and patted her shoulder. “Good luck then. Wish you all the best, in getting your questions done,” she laughed and hopped off the bed, rushing to the sink to wash her hands filled with oil and crumbs.

 

She was in this school longer than Jaemi, definitely she would knew Chanyeol more than her, and she knew that every girl that went out with him wasn’t on a study date, but a date. And she definitely knows that Chanyeol isn’t that kind to plan a study date all of a sudden. Definitely, she would wish Jaemi good luck.

-----


Firstly, I AM SO SORRY. I didn't update for a few weeks.. I feel so guilty.. GAHHHH

Okay not gonna waste anymore time so tadah chapter updated and I'm going to reply comments and do whatever necessary stuff I need to do on AFF okie bye