Unpredictable Chanyeol

Love Entanglement

27

Chanyeol looked up an old schoolmate of his.

“Hey,” she blew a kiss at him and he rolled his eyes, sitting down in front of her. “Why did you call me?” he asked, annoyed. “Isn’t it over between the both of us?”

 

She sipped on her whisky and blew a raspberry. “I’m bored. Can you, be my boyfriend again?” she asked and Chanyeol frowned. He looked at her in annoyance “What do you think I am? A fling? A toy?” he asked.

“Didn’t you treat all of your ex as toys? Why are you asking me this question?” She cocked her head to one side. “You’ve changed, Park Chanyeol.”

“Everybody change. I change too," he said in a bored tone.

“For who?” she leaned forward, raising an eyebrow at him. "A girl?"

Chanyeol didn't speak.

“Wow." She leaned back, nodding her head. "Park Chanyeol changed because of a girl. Your girlfriend? Can I meet her?” she asked, smiling.

“We’re, friends.”

“Park Chanyeol. Giving away something. That’s a first.” She scoffed. “Can’t believe I dated a kid like you.”

Chanyeol scoffed. “Can’t believe I dated a noona like you."

She held the whisky to his eye level, cocking her head to one side.

Chanyeol forced a small smile and grabbed a glass of water, clinking their glasses together.

 

 

Chanyeol’s hair was dishevelled, he didn’t bother to wear his contact lens, he didn’t bother to style his hair, he didn’t bother styling up his image.

It was the first.

It was strange, but the girls love it.

They call it, the new trend.

A student was carrying stacks of books and he accidentally bumped into Chanyeol, the books toppling onto the ground.

Chanyeol bent down and picked up the books, accidentally touching Jaemi’s hand as they reached for the same book and both of them immediately retracted their hands back.

“Thank you,” the student said, picking up the last book and continued walking.

Jaemi and Chanyeol met eyes and Chanyeol put on a bright smile. “Hey, Jaemi. It’s been a long time since we’ve met.”

“Hi.”

Chanyeol was about to speak, but Baekhyun suddenly slung an arm around his shoulder.

“Hey Chanyeol! Hi Jaemi,” he said dreamily.

Chanyeol cleared his throat and clapped his hands. “Jaemi, don’t tell me your boyfriend is Baekhyun! You really have bad taste,” he laughed while Baekhyun elbowed him. Jaemi clenched her fists tightly and smiled. “We're not really-we're still..”

Baekhyun turned and slung an arm around Jaemi’s shoulder. “Progressing. We're still progressing," he completed the sentence. "We aren’t really at the stage. But somewhere close. Jaemi said she wants to take it slow.” He giggled.

Chanyeol cleared his throat. “I think I’m being the gooseberry here, I should excuse myself.” He laughed and walked away.

Once he turned his back on them, his expression immediately changed.

Hurt was written on his face as he clutched his chest. Never had he felt his heart so heavy before.

*Why do I feel  Jaemi is caught in between both of us.  One is the girl I love and the other my best friend. I thought she was just a toy or just attracted by her looks, but when she started dating Baekhyun, I felt jealousy overwhelming me. I guess I really love her..*

*But, Jaemi with a person like me, she won’t be happy. I believe without me around, Baekhyun would be happy and Jaemi too.* he thought again and sighed, walking away.

 

Jaemi looked back at Chanyeol. She frowned. *He really doesn’t feel anything?*

She grew furious. Anger building in her. How could he not feel a single thing? Seriously? After all that he gone through with her? Even though it’s not much of a life and death situation, but definitely they went through things normal friends usually do.

 

“Jaemi, Jaemi?” Baekhyun called.

“Ye-Yea?” she asked.

“I was just thinking, are you free this Friday? I have two free movie tickets,” he asked. Jaemi looked at him and pressed her lips into a firm line. “Okay. Sure.” She nodded her head.

“Great! I’ll meet you at your dorm?”

“I’ll meet you at your dorm,” she said.

“Oh, okay. Sure!” he chirped.

 

Second date, going on smoothly.

 

 

Jaemi didn’t bother to dress herself up. She just wore a white singlet and a blue longe sleeved shirt with a new pair of shorts she just bought with Eunmi.

While on the other hand, Baekhyun dressed abit over the top.

But fortunately Chanyeol helped him out by just a bit.

“Yah yah yah! Are you kidding me?! Wearing a tuxedo to the movies?! Are you on drugs?” Chanyeol asked, touching Baekhyun’s forehead.

“It’s not a tuxedo!”

“Well it looks like one.”

“Let’s bet. Jaemi would laugh when she see’s your attire,” Chanyeol said while he rummaged through Baekhyun’s closet.

He didn’t know why he even helped Baekhyun out. But he knew he can’t just sit back and see his best friend getting embarrassed and judged by everyone. After all, he’s quite the innocent kind and he didn’t want him to be hurt.

Thinking the same way as Jaemi.

 

Jaemi opened the door, and Baekhyun smiled gleefully at her. “Ready to go?”

They hopped onto a bus and it was only then Jaemi noticed Baekhyun’s dressing. “Not bad.”

He grinned and rubbed the back of his neck. “Thanks. Chanyeol chose it for me.”

Baekhyun was wearing a black shirt inside and a dark green pullover and he wore a cap.

She nodded, her heart having felt heavy after hearing his name. *Stupid Chanyeol.*

 

They arrived at the shopping mall, and before the entered the cinema, they bought a drink and some popcorn.

 

“Thank you!” Baekhyun chirped when the cashier handed him the snacks. He turned to face Jaemi and took out one popcorn. “Say ah~”

Jaemi blinked at him in surprise. “W-what?”

“Ahh~” he continued saying it.

Jaemi saw him stood frozen right in front of her, holding onto a popcorn at her eye level and saying ahh. She felt quite embarrassed.

She opened and Baekhyun immediately popped the popcorn into . It hit at the back of and she choked, pounding her chest hardly before she calmed down.

But Baekhyun thought she was kidding.

 

What in the world is Baekhyun doing.

She forced out a smile at him and he immediately grinned back.

Urgh, Byun Baekhyun, stop being so innocent will you.

 

She tugged him on his shirt and dragged him in before she was utterly humiliated.

 

Chanyeol stared at the ceiling and he blew a raspberry. He pursed his lips and sighed. He was literally bored to death.

Never had Chanyeol felt so bored in his entire high school life with all of those girls swooning over him-Wait.

 

The girls.

 

He shot up from his seat and clasped his hands together. He looked at the clock and nodded to himself. “I don’t need entertainment, I’ll be the entertainment.”

 

By then, Jaemi and Baekhyun were already resting comfortably in their seats, watching the movie as the theatre bursts into laughter every few minutes.

Jaemi and Baekhyun laughed together, and two out of three times, Baekhyun’s hand would accidentally touch Jaemi’s when he reaches out of the popcorn.

He pinked almost immediately and he smiled, slowly sipping on his soft drink, looking up at Jaemi while she continued laughing.

 

Such a cute boy.

 

Chanyeol entered the gym, sauntering over to the trackmill, looking back and forth and he started jogging at a slow speed.

“I’ll just wait,” he said patiently.

 

“Omo, Chanyeol oppa is here! I’ll better call the girls here,” a student said. She finally had a chance to see Chanyeol after waiting for three weeks.

Chanyeol heard her small conversation with her friend, and his lips curved up to one side.

 

Baekhyun and Jaemi exited the shopping mall. “I love the male character! He was such a hilarious and sweet couple with the female character,” Jaemi said, grinning.

Baekhyun nodded. “I like the story plot.”

They stood at the bus stop, waiting.

 

Two boys skate past Jaemi, almost knocking into Jaemi but Baekhyun reached for her shoulders and pulled her back towards him, preventing the mini collusion.

Jaemi took in a sharp breath and she looked up at Baekhyun. She smiled at Baekhyun and he smiled back, biting his lip to prevent the smile getting any bigger.

 

Saving the damsel in distress. *Way to go Byun Baekhyun.* He looked into her mesmerizing eyes that was a few centimetres away from his face and he could feel his pulse quickening that his vein was about to explode.

He thought that it could last for a minute, but he reluctantly let her go when the bus arrived.

It lasted for a few seconds. The small brush of contact. The skinship. How he held Jaemi tightly and secured in his arms. That smile. He wished it could last longer.

The more he thought about it, the more he gets excited about it.

It was making him dizzy.

 

When they reached dorm, they saw girls flocking into the gym.

“What’s going on?” Jaemi asked, nudging Baekhyun. He shrugged. “Maybe it’s Chanyeol.”

“Chanyeol?”

The both of them entered the gym, to see Chanyeol in a sleevless shirt, perspiring and smiling at the female students which led the girls to be squealing and fanning themselves, hoping to stay alive despite the heat from Chanyeol.

The female students surrounded him, and he winked at them, oblivious to the fact that Baekhyun and Jaemi were standing outside of the gym.

 

Baekhyun smiled. “He really is a lady killer.” Glad that his best friend was getting attention that he deserves.

But Jaemi, she was pissed, off.

She frowned and looked at Chanyeol in distaste. *What is he doing?* she thought. It’s so hard to guess what was on his mind.

A few days ago he was a complete isolated student that doesn’t want to talk, and now he was back to being the first day Jaemi knew him.

Which was the real him?

She stared hard at him, before tearing her gaze on him. She looked up at Baekhyun. “I’m tired. I’ll get back to the dormitory. See you tomorrow. And thank you for today.” She smiled genuinely.

“I’ll see you back.” Baekhyun being the usual gentleman.

She shook her head. “It’s alright. Goodnight Baekhyun,” she said, not glancing back at Chanyeol and she left, disappointed.

 

Chanyeol looked up at her, and his smile faded.

He quickly forced out a smile before excusing himself from the gym, heading back to the dormitory with Baekhyun, with him yapping non stop about his date with Jaemi.

At times, Chanyeol felt that he could be the one sitting with Jaemi at the cinema, touching her hand, grabbing her shoulders, looking into her eyes. But he couldn’t bear to do it.

 

Xiumin looked at Chanyeol, and Jaemi who was stomping back at the dormitory. He smirked then slowly strolled back.

 

Jaemi went back into the dormitory as she slammed the door shut. She dropped her bag on the floor and she sat on the bed. She looked up at the mirror at herself, and her lips slowly curved up. “Silly Chanyeol. You can’t fool me,  you idiot.” She chuckled.

-----


Hello everybody! I got a new story! It won't be very long and draggy. The story will be only max five chapters long!

Featuring OC x Jongin!

Please do take a look! :D Much comments, subscribes and upvotes appreciated! ^^

Story Link [Click Here]