Blue Shoelaces

Love Entanglement

4.

Baekhyun squinted eyes, having a closer look as he leaned his body forward while his best friend tapped his shoulder and plopped himself beside him.

 

“What are you looking at?” Chanyeol asked as he tapped the table.

It was lunch break and for the past ten minutes Baekhyun has been eyeing the girl just a distance away.

 

Chanyeol traced the gaze of Baekhyun and grinned as he saw Eunmi, laughing and smiling while she chatted with a student that was blocked by a pillar. “Nice taste you got there. Attracted to her smile?” he asked then bit his lip. “Hey you can’t just stare at a girl like this, it’s rude,” Chanyeol chided.

“You should approach the girl from all four directions. North, south, east, west. Then you will see her at a better angle,” he advised while Baekhyun shot him a look. “Well then do I need to approach her from up and down too?” he asked and Chanyeol tapped his chin. “Not a bad idea.”

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and shook his head. “I’m not eyeing Eunmi, I’m eyeing the student beside her,” he said. “I just wonder how this student was able to make Eunmi laugh and smile for the past ten minutes,” he murmured, amused.

Chanyeol pursed his lips and nodded. “Ohh, love at first sight with the student behind the pillar? But what if it’s a guy?”

Baekhyun turned to look at him with his face annoyed. “Will you shut up. Do you think Eumi will get so close to a male student? Use your brains before opening your mouth, vice,” he said and tilted his head to the left side, trying to have a better angle to see the student behind the pillar. His lips unknowingly curve up as he saw Eunmi laugh once more.

 

All he saw behind the pillar was the student’s shoes. It wasn’t branded shoes, ordinary shoes with blue laces on.

The more Eunmi smiled, the more he was interested and curious with the girl behind the pillar. Just what did the student do to make Eunmi laugh continuously for that past ten minutes?

“Just look at Eunmi. Whenever I said hi to her she hardly even smile back at me,” Baekhyun said while Chanyeol yawned. “That’s because you are not sociable. Just pick any random guy to say hi to her and she’ll smile. Just that it doesn’t apply to you.” Chanyeol smiled and patted his shoulder.

 

Jaemi laughed along with Eunmi as she lightly punched Jaemi’s shoulder, then supporting her weight on Jaemi as she laughed. “Jaemi that’s enough of your jokes, it’s really, cold,” she said and laughed again.

 

Jaemi shrugged her shoulders. “I can’t help it. In my previous school, I’m known for being the queen of jokes,” she admitted while Eunmi rolled her eyes and sighed. “If only you would be my roommate for this year,” she mumbled and Jaemi slung an arm around her shoulder. “The announcement should be out by this week, well I hope we will be in the same dormitory, after all you’re my first friend I have met in this school.”

 

 

Jaemi flipped through the pages of the textbooks as she smiled, nodding her head continuously and murmuring to herself, surprised with all those precise and detailed notes Chanyeol had.

A message appeared on the bottom left of the notebook. Flip to the next page!

She flipped.

Flip one more time!

"What is wrong with you, Park Chanyeol.." she murmured. Trust me! Flip!

When she flipped to the last few pages, her smile vanished, a frown replacing. Her eyes widened in surprise as she looked at the page.

 

Chanyeol drew girls and boys on it, and mostly the names only consisted Park Jaemi and Park Chanyeol.

Her jaw dropped and she pinked, her cheeks reddening as she stared at it and she flipped the next page.

It was even worse.

 

Names, drawings and even kisses was on the notes and Jaemi found it hard not to get angry.

Park Jaemi will be Park Chanyeol’s.

Mr and Mrs Park forever!

Our child shall be named Channie

“Channie?! What kind of name is Channie?!” she hissed lowly.

She immediately slammed the book shut, earning the attention of the teacher. “Jaemi, what’s wrong? Open up your book,” the teacher instructed while Jaemi hung her head down, biting her lip.

 

Eunmi who was sitting beside her nudged her and Jaemi sighed. She slowly brought her book to her chest and she leaned again the chair, slowly slid down and opened the book, only for her to view and she cringed.

 

 

---

 

Jaemi stormed towards Chanyeol as she grabbed him by the collar and pulled him to one corner. She frowned at Chanyeol while he innocently smiled back. She grabbed the books and threw it at him. “Park Chanyeol, what is this!” she shouted and threw the notes at him, while he stumbled, catching those notes.

 

“Do you have any idea how embarrassed I felt? I was blushing throughout the entire lesson!” she said, raising her tone at Chanyeol while he grinned and he raised and eyebrow. “You were blushing?” he asked while her eyes rounded in surprise and she pulled her hair, groaning.

 

She took in a deep breath and calmed herself down. “First thing, I blushed because it was embarrassing. Second, you’re the vice how can you, do this? Thirdly, do you know how much liquid fluid and erasers I need to use to make a textbook look like a textbook instead of a lovebook!” she asked, exasperated while the student just shrugged. “Can’t pupils have their own love life?”

 

She gawked at him and waved her hand in front of him. “Whatever. I can’t be bothered with you. Having you in my life is the greatest regret,” she muttered and stormed off. “And now I have to clean my eyes.” she cried mentally.

“Can’t believe Park Chanyeol can even do this, he’s such a jerk,” she muttered under her breath as she kept her head down, muttering incoherently and she accidentally bumped into Baekhyun.

 

Her head knocked into his chest and she winced, rubbing her forehead as she looked up at the student and apologized profusely. “I’m sorry,” she apologized, looking up to take a closer look and she smiled. “Aren’t you that student who told me the directions?” she asked, and he nodded, smiling. “You’re Park Jaemi, aren’t you?”

She nodded. “After the other day I didn’t get a chance to see you, I didn’t know I would bump into you again,” she said.

“Well, we’re in the same school. We’re bound to meet one day.”

“Ah yes, thanks for telling me the directions, or else I will be really late,” she said and Baekhyun chuckled. “That’s what students are supposed to do,” he replied while she shook her head. “Well at least you’re a gentleman, sort of,” she murmured at the last few words, but was loud enough for Baekhyun to catch it and he cracked a smile.

 

Just as he was about to speak, Eunmi came running towards Jaemi as she tugged on her sleeve. “Jaemi! It’s out! We’re in the same dormitory!” she squealed in delight while Jaemi blinked in surprise as she jumped up in excitement. “Are you kidding me? Let’s go check it out!” she exclaimed and hurriedly dashed off, leaving Baekhyun in a daze as he quirked his lips.

 

If he didn’t see wrongly, Jaemi’s shoelaces were blue. “That means, Jaemi’s the one behind the pillar?” he wondered, and a smile slowly curved upwards, and he walked away, surprised and pleased.

 

The two students rushed forward as they looked up at the notice board, and they both grinned widely. “We’re really in the same dormitory!” Jaemi squealed as she held onto Eunmi’s hands, grinning as they celebrate. “So that means we can revise and study together!” Jaemi squealed in delight, while Eunmi rolled her eyes. “Come on. Don’t just think about studies! Apart from that, we can eat and talk all night!”

Chanyeol observed them from afar and he grinned. “Seems like everything is working perfectly,” he whispered to himself and he couldn’t help but squeal.

 

--

“Jaemi just let me help you!” he said as he snatched her baggage from her while she snatched it back from him. “Chanyeol I’m really fine,” she said and she snatched it back but Chanyeol held it close to his chest and Jaemi desperately reached for it.

 

Eunmi cleared to announce her presence and she clasped her hands together. “I think I need to leave some time for you too,” she said as she grabbed two bottle of water from the fridge and handed it to them before leaving the dormitory for them. “Ah yes, and Mr President, just obey one golden rule and that is to not jump on any beds,” she said before she left.

 

Chanyeol then turned and jumped on the bed, violating Golden Rule No. 1. “Jaemi we have now all the time for ourselves! What should we do?” he exclaimed while Jaemi looked at him, standing with her hands folded and brought to her chest, waiting for him PATIENTLY.

After five minutes, only then Chanyeol started panting and fell on the bed, breathing in heavily. Jaemi went to sit beside him and smacked his stomach. “Are you done violating the golden rule?” she asked and Chanyeol immediately sat up straight. “Let’s drink some water,” he said and handed a bottle of water to her.

 

Chanyeol drank the water and placed it on the bed, beside Jaemi’s bottle as he sighed. “So what extra activity do you want to join, Jaemi? Basketball, hockey, swimming, I think they fit you,” he said. She shook her head. “I’m joining others,” she said while Chanyeol pouted as he drank Jaemi’s bottle.

“Yah, that’s mine,” she said and he shrugged. “Drink mine then. It’s the same,” he said, handing her the bottle and she took it from him.

 

Chanyeol smirked. “Hah. Since we shared the same saliva, I guess we’ll have better rapport.” He grinned and once he said that, Jaemi immediately spat the water out and she choked, pounding her chest furiously.

“Must you be so, direct?” she asked, shaking her head as she cleaned , surprised with a jerk's tricks up his sleeves.

Man, it’s going to be a long day with Park JerkYeol. And also a long year.

-----