"Date"

Love Entanglement

26

“Eunmi! Stop laughing!” Jaemi shouted and threw a pillow across her face.

“Alright, alright,” she snorted from laughing. “I was just thinking, Baekhyun is kind of an introvert. I didn’t know he would be … aggressive.”

“Initiative,” Jaemi corrected.

Jaemi groaned and buried her face into the pillow. “What do I do, Eunmi?”

“Well, do you like Baekhyun?” she asked.

Jaemi blinked. “I don’t know. Everything just came so sudden and it’s hard to digest it,” she whispered.

“Well, do you feel the same way to Baekhyun as to your ex boyfriends?” Eunmi asked.

“Uhm..” Jaemi pondered.

“Don’t tell me you have never dated in your life!” Eunmi exclaimed.

Jaemi scratched her head and nodded. “Yeah.. kind of..”

“Omo! A in the dorm!” she exclaimed once more and Jaemi immediately pulled her down. “Yah! What do you mean by ?"

“Okay back to topic. Tomorrow Baekhyun’s asking you out for a date. Just treat it as a project for debates. And give yourself a month probation," she instructed.

"Three golden signs to show that you like him. Number one, when he comes close to you and invade your comfort zone, you’ll feel perfectly fine. Number two, when you walk with him, you’ll walk real slow. Number three, when he grabs your hand or kisses you, you’ll feel like you have only the world for you two, surroundings filled with fireworks, and you feel your pulse quickened, heart beating like it’s going to pop out and-“

“I think that’s enough for number three, Eunmi,” she cut her off.

“Anyway, just remember it.”

Eunmi looked at her strangely. Jaemi was definitely in her own thoughts, thinking of another person.

 

“You like Chanyeol, do you?” she asked and Jaemi immediately shook her head. “Of course not! If I date him, I have to meet so many ex ex ex ex ex of his.”

Eunmi nodded. "He's a real flirt. You shouldn't mess with him now."

Jaemi bit her lip and sighed. But she can't help it.

 

---

 

“Hey Jaemi!” Baekhyun beamed at the sight of her and he ran up towards her. They were in their causual outfits.

Jaemi was wearing pink floral shorts and a grey t shirt and slung her bag around her shoulder.

“Hey Baekhyun, you got the tickets?” she asked, smiling.

He nodded. “Let’s go.”

 

Back in the dorm, Chanyeol has been playing with his coin for the past hour. He knew Baekhyun was going out with Jaemi with Baekhyun chattering non stop of how excited he’s going to be.

He lay on the bed, looking up at the ceiling and he sighed.

“I thought my affection towards Jaemi was just a fling. But now when Baekhyun is dating Jaemi, I just can’t help but feel uneasy.”

It won’t be surprising if Jaemi dates Baekhyun just to spite Chanyeol, but we doubt Jaemi even knows the true feelings of Chanyeol towards her.

Chanyeol was hard to understand, just like an onion. You need to keep peeling to find out the true outcome, the true feelings of his.

 

 

When Jaemi and Baekhyun went into the haunted house, Baekhyun held tightly onto Jaemi and she laughed, patting his arm.

Baekhyun looked up at Jaemi's smile and he slowly bit back his shy smile.

“Come on Baekhyun, don’t be scared. Say hi~” she cooed and laughed at the scare actors.

They went out of the haunted house, to the relief of Baekhyun.

Jaemi looked around and slowly looked up at the roller coaster. She tugged on Baekhyun’s arm, leading him to the roller coaster ride.

 

“You really love excitements, do you?” he asked, always wearing a smile on his face.

“Totally!” they buckled up, and shot into the sky at full speed.

Jaemi screamed out of joy and excitement, her hair that was tied up into a ponytail was loosened but she didn’t care, she enjoyed it.

 

On the other hand, Baekhyun was screaming out of terror. His eyes were almost rolled back and he held onto the arm rest tightly.

The roller coaster was going too fast that his eyes were tearing and his scream was stuck at his throat that he almost suffocated.

Jaemi looked to her left. Baekhyun was squeezing his eyes shut.

She smiled and slowly held his hand. Baekhyun opened his eyes and looked at Jaemi who sent him an assuring smile, and he smiled back. He felt much better, much safer.

 

Jaemi looked at the state of Baekhyun and tugged his arm. “Let’s sit down and have a bite, I’m hungry,” she said.

They sat down at a restaurant, ordering burgers and fries and they happily munch down.

 

 

Chanyeol slurped on his cup noodles, switching channels every minute and he sighed.

He wondered what Baekhyun and Jaemi were doing, and he shook that thought of it his mind. “Enough Park Chanyeol, that’s enough.”

 

Baekhyun looked at Jaemi who was gobbling her burger and he chuckled. He stretched his hand out to wipe the sauce off Jaemi's lips.

Jaemi immediately leaned back, startled. “What are you doing?” she asked.

Baekhyun blinked in surprise and he looked at his thumb. “I.. I was trying to wipe the sauce off your lips,” he replied, a little startled with her reaction.

Jaemi blinked and bit her lip. “Sorry Baekhyun, just that I..”

“It’s alright. I understand. But look,” he said, grabbing both of her hands, startling Jaemi once again as she looked at him with eyes rounded in surprise.

“If we could spend some time together, we will definitely be comfortable with each other, give us some time, alright?” he smiled warmly at her.

 

Sometimes it was that innocent and warm smile that melts Jaemi. Not that she likes him or makes her like him or whatever, just that it was that smile that made Jaemi hesitant. She wasn’t sure if she could reject Baekhyun right in the face with that innocent face of his.

She also wasn’t sure of Baekhyun’s reaction.

But she was sure of one thing, if she really rejects him, Baekhyun would go like this, “It’s okay, I understand. But why don’t you give us some time to be together, I’m sure time will tell.”

Urgh. That innocent reply drives Jaemi crazy.

 

Jaemi and Baekhyun went on a merry  go round. Baekhyun and Jaemi laughed at the horses they were on as one of them would always be taller than the other.

 

They walked around, buying a headband with two protuding ears for couples (Baekhyun’s idea) and walked around WEARING them. Jaemi couldn't help but just feel embarrassed when passerby walked past them with envious looks.

While on the other hand, Baekhyun enjoyed it. He looked at Jaemi's pink cheeks and grabbed her hand slowly, interlacing their fingers. Jaemi looked down at their fingers then looked up at Baekhyun.

He smiled warmly. "Do you feel better like this?" he asked, holding up their interlaced fingers and Jaemi smiled awkwardly. "Yeah.. totally.." she murmured, pouting.

 

Baekhyun and Jaemi were back in the school's dorm and he took the inititative to walk Jaemi to her dorm.

“I’m here,” Jaemi said, and turned to face him. “Thank you, for today.” She smiled, genuinely.

Baekhyun smiled back. “I’m glad you enjoyed it. We should visit other places someday.”

“Yeah, of course,” she replied and she opened the door.

When she was about to go in, she saw Baekhyun waiting at the door and she raised an eyebrow.

“Uhm, bye?” Jaemi said.

Baekhyun snapped out of his daze and waved. “Bye.” He turned and walked.

 

“Hold on,” Jaemi said and Baekhyun quickly turned back to face her.

Jaemi wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. “Thank you for today, Baekhyun. It’s really, enjoying.”

Baekhyun smiled and wrapped his arms around her waisting, holding her tight. “Thank you for being with me too, Jaemi,” he whispered.

Jaemi broke the hug and smiled, before walking back to her dorm.

 

From outside, Chanyeol could hear Baekhyun singing loudly as the key entered the hole and the door opened.

He quickly shut his eyes and pretended to sleep, turning to face the wall.

Baekhyun, despite seeing Chanyeol sleeping, went towards his roommate and shook the bed with his hands unconsciously.

“Dude! Today was the best day of my life!!!!” he exclaimed and Chanyeol opened his eyes, his teeth chattering at the vibration of the bed’s movement.

“Jaemi and I went to the theme park! It was soo romantic~” he dreamily said and sighed, giggling to himself.

*Romantic?* Chanyeol snorted and rolled his eyes, pouting.

“Anyway! I’m going to meet Jaemi  soon for our second date, it’s going to be even more romantic!” he exclaimed. “Oh! And before I went back to the dorm, she even hugged me!”

*Hugged?!* he mouthed and frowned.

Baekhyun was still oblivious to the fact that Chanyeol was awake. “I could feel her heart beating at the same time as my heart, if only that moment could be forever,” he sighed dreamily then looked at Chanyeol.

“Oh, right. You’re sleeping,” he said and quickly pulled the blanket up to his shoulders. “Sorry,” he whispered. “I’m going to bathe now.”

And once he stepped into the bathroom, Chanyeol could still hear his singing and he shot up from his bed, frowning at the bathroom and he covered his ears. “You’re enjoying, but I’m here, suffering,” he grunted.

He closed his eyes. “I guess it’s official then.” He sighed.

-----


I'M SORRY I DIDN'T UPDATE LAST WEEK

I left my thumbdrive in my friend's house and couldn't get it back until yesterday night which was super late and I had to finish my homework before coming online.

Here it is! Enjoy!