Stranger

Love Entanglement

28

Jaemi walked past Chanyeol, and she stopped in her tracks.

“Park Chanyeol.”

They stood a metre apart, standing on the bridge above the pond.

Chanyeol stopped, his back facing her. He took in a deep breath and turned to face her. “Yes, Jaemi?” he said with a flirty smile.

She turned and face him. “Do you think I would be fooled by your silly act the other day?” she asked, smiling.

Chanyeol blinked in surprise, and quickly kept the smile on. “What act?”

“Stop acting Park Chanyeol. I know you too well. You know yourself well too,” she said. “I’ve yet to kick off your flirty personality. I’m not going to give up,” she said.

“It’s over Jaemi. I’m back with my ex. Game over,” he said.

Jaemi shook her head, a small confident smile still on her face. “It’s not over. It’s never over, because for this entire time I didn’t treat it as a game, I’m always serious. Game over for you, but not for me.”

He rolled his eyes. “Jaemi, it’s just a fling. I told you not to fall in love with me because everything is just a fling. It’s not real. Just like how you kiss me. International students are open minded. I’ve seen it once in America. They kiss each other goodbye kisses, just like how we used to.” He shrugged. “It’s just, courtesy. I’ve never once developed a feeling for you,” he said, his eyes cold and harsh.

 

Jaemi pressed her lips into a firm line. “Then why did you give me this necklace?” she held the necklace up to his eye level and he gulped, before shaking his head and weakly smiled.

He smiled. “It’s a trick. It’s just a trick,” he murmured.

He grabbed the necklace and tossed it up in the sky, before catching it again. He did that a few times while he spoke, "That was, a welcome gift. You shouldn't think too much. You're just hurting yourself. Treat it as a dream. And now, you've woke up."

He made the last toss, catching in it his hand before he threw the necklace into the pond.

Jaemi’s eyes widened in shock and she stretched her hand out. “No!” she cried, but it was too late.

She saw the necklace thrown out of Chanyeol’s hand, into the pond. “No..” she whispered, shaking her head as tears slowly formed in her eyes.

She looked back at Chanyeol, frowning.

How could he be so cruel?

She stopped in front of him and raised her leg. She wanted to kick Chanyeol’s leg like she always did, but then, she realized it wasn’t the same anymore.

It was different, somehow.

Chanyeol wasn’t the Chanyeol she could easily joke with.

She thought she knew Chanyeol well, she knew Chanyeol deliberately put an act the other day thinking she would give up on Chanyeol.

But she didn’t know Chanyeol would be too much, throwing the key into the pond.

She, has a different place in Chanyeol’s heart, and a new place in Baekhyun’s heart.

It isn’t the same anymore..

She took in a deep breath shakily and swallowed hard. She placed her leg down and shook her head. “How could you..” she whispered.

“Do you really think you know me that well?! Do you think I will be happy if you plan my happiness for me?! Then do you think I will be happy with Baekhyun?!” she cried as she glared.

Chanyeol didn't flinch.

She slowly walked back before running away.

Chanyeol looked at her back, seeing her running away in tears and he could see a tear escaping her eye before she ran away.

It hurts him too. It hurt the both of them.

He didn’t know he was being unfair to the three of them, he thought he was doing the right thing, but he was wrong. So wrong.

 

Xiumin blocked Jaemi’s path. She blinked and slowly looked up at him. “Jaemi,” he whispered.

She wiped her tears away and swallowed. "Hi.”

“Jaemi, who did this to you?” he asked, slowly onto her shoulders.

She shook her head. “No one is to blame. I brought this upon myself. It’s all my fault.”

Xiumin looked at her. “Jaemi, you’re too kind hearted. It’s not your fault, stop blaming yourself.” He walked closer towards her and let her head lean on his shoulder. He hugged her tightly, one arm around her waist, the other her head gently.

Jaemi closed her eyes and sobbed on his shirt. She didn’t care who was hugging her, she just wanted to be comforted. She buried her head into his chest and sobbed. “Xiumin..” she whispered and cried. She didn’t know what made her feel like that. She didn’t know why she felt so heartbroken.

I guess, it hurts to love a person that doesn’t love you back.

Xiumin her head. “I’m here, don’t be sad, I’ll always be with you.”

 

 

Jaemi dried her hair with a towel as she sat on her bed, looking through her phone.

Xiumin texted her.  How are you?

Better. Thank you

Good. I promised you as long as I’m with you, I won’t let you be unhappy.

Oh right. Jaemi thought. She totally forgot how infatuated Xiumin is with her.

She bit her lip. A part of her made her regret letting Xiumin hug her, and another part of her made her feel guilty towards Xiumin for him misunderstanding her.

At that point of time when she cried in his chest, she only thought of Xiumin as a brother, totally forgetting the fact Xiumin wants to get back together with her.

She pressed her lips into a firm line and sighed.

Thank you, Xiumin. My big brother.

She didn’t get a reply.

She lied on her bed, looking at the ceiling. “Don’t think of Chanyeol, don’t think of Chanyeol,” she whispered and she closed her eyes.

 

 

At night, Jaemi got a call from Xiumin.

“Jaemi,” Xiumin coughed. “Xiumin? What are you doing?”

Xiumin laughed and he hiccupped. “Me? I'm dancing,” he giggled. The background noise was loud and Jaemi had to cover one of her ear to listen. “Xiumin, where are you?”

“In your heart,” he laughed and Jaemi frowned. “Stop joking, Xiumin. Where are you?”

“Block Club,” he whispered. “What?” Jaemi asked.

“I said, block club!” He hung up.

 

 

Jaemi walked past groups of drunkards and she pinched her nose, they reek of alcohol.

She stopped in her tracks and looked at the club that was in front of her.

There it was, Block Club.

She went into the club and it was immediately horrible for her. The lights were off, colours kept flashing in her eyes and the loud music blocked her ears. People were dancing on the dance floor while she squeezed through the crowd. She looked around, finding Xiumin.

She saw him at a corner, lying on the couch alone, with an empty bottle in his hand.

“Xiumin!”

Xiumin slowly looked up  and smiled. “Jaemi, you’re here,” he laughed. “Let’s dance!”

“Stop fooling around and follow me.” She placed his arm around her shoulder and weakly picked him up, trying to balance as she squeezed her way out of the club.

Xiumin giggled and he coughed, poking her cheek. “Jaemi, you’re so cute.”

“Stop.”

Xiumin sighed and rested his head on hers slowly turning his head and whispered into her ear. “Jaemi, why don’t we dance here?” His breath tickling her ear and he smirked.

Jaemi stopped in her tracks. She was furious. "You're drunk."

Xiumin quickly pinned her against the wall.

She stared at him, frowning. "Xiumin, what are you doing."

Xiumin leaned towards her and cocked his head to one side, looking at her eyes with affectionate eyes. “I know you care for me that’s why you came here immediately. I know you love me. Jaemi, I love you too.”

She frowned. “It’s a misunderstanding! I care for you because I sincerely treat you as a brother just like a year ago.” She looked at him in disappointed and she shook her head. “I can’t believe you changed so much within a year... I’m out of here," she said, trying to break free but was stopped by Xiumin. He placed his arms on the wall, trapping her.

 

"Xiumin!"

"Listen," he whispered, his breath on her lips and he leaned down to meet her eye level.

He cupped her face, looking into her eyes deeply.

Xiumin started carressing her cheek, his thumb going up and down gently and Jaemi gulped, looking away. He pressed his lips against her forehead with his eyes closed.

Jaemi stood frozen and she blinked.

He opened his eyes and looked into her eyes. He let his hands travel down to her waist, and leaned forward towards her lips.

Jaemi shifted her gaze and her head, looking down. Xiumin leaned even closer, attempting to kiss her but she frowned and moved her head away. “Xiumin..” she whispered.

Xiumin leaned even more, pressing his body against her and she shifted uncomfortably under his weight.

“Xiumin.. Xiumin, stop,” she whispered, shifting her head to one side, avoiding his lips. “Xiumin you’re drunk.”

“I’m not!” Xiumin shouted and cupped her face. “Jaemi, look at me,” he whispered.

Jaemi stood frozen, and looked into his eyes in shock.

“I love you. I really do. Why can’t you accept me? Why is your heart only for Chanyeol?” he asked harshly. Jaemi stared at him in shock.

“I love you since I met you in America. I was really glad that I could do almost everything with you, and we were inseparable. I would always look at how you sleep every night,” he whispered, her hair. “You were so beautiful, in and out.”

Jaemi gulped. “Xiumin.. I didn’t know you felt that way. I’m so sorry. I only treat you as a brother-“

“Why?! Why must you treat me like a brother? Why can’t you love me the way you love Chanyeol!” he shouted, frightening Jaemi and she shut her eyes, shivering.

Xiumin grabbed the back of her neck and pressed his lips on hers roughly, shutting his eyes. It was so sudden that Jaemi gasped for air and she stared at him in shock, making muffled sounds as she tried to push him away.

Xiumin didn't care. He just wanted to taste the feeling of kissing Jaemi. He deepened in the kiss and grabbed her hair while he let his other arm grabbed her waist, pulling even closer to his body.

Xiumin pushed her against the wall, their lips not parting and he on her lips harshly.

Jaemi hit his chest, struggling. She continued making muffled sounds, pounding on his chest.

He finally let go of her and she coughed, gasping for air. Xiumin tilted her chin up. Her eyes were wide and unfocused.

Xiumin closed his eyes and sighed. “I didn’t know things would turn out like this. I thought.. I thought..” he whispered and he curled a strand of hair behind her ear, carressing her cheek.

Jaemi felt her heart racing and her pulse quickening because she was too shock and could hardly breathe. “Xiumin, please stop.. I beg you,” she whispered. “You’re scaring me.”

Jaemi was trembling so hard. Xiumin was such, a stranger.

She didn't even have the strength to slap him or run away. She was scared out of her wits.

“I didn’t know what the consequences were. Why did I do this? Why did I make such a promise?” he whispered to himself.

He looked at Jaemi who was shaking so terribly and he loosened his grip. “Jaemi.. I’m so sorry. What have I done? What have I done?” he murmured and he embraced Jaemi in a hug. “I’m sorry for making you suffer so much. I’m sorry..” He closed his eyes, hugging Jaemi even tighter.

She stood there frozen, shaken.

-----


IM SORRY I DIDNT UPDATE FOR TWO WEEKS I legit had no time because-exams.

Excuse me, I'm sorry.

I'm gonna go through your comments real quick and reply you guys asap then log off and study for your exams

HECTIC MUCH.

And thank you to you, readers! MUAKS XOXO