Ulterior Motive

Love Entanglement

3

Chanyeol peeked through the glass window, separating the classroom from the hallway. He peeked through, his eyes searching for Jaemi and his gaze fixed on the student sitting in the middle of the classroom.

Chanyeol shook his head in amusement as he looked at the teacher in the other classroom, Mrs Jang. “How can Jaemi even listen so attentively to Mrs Jang. She’s famous for being too long winded in her lessons-wait. What lesson is that?” he asked as he scanned for the textbooks. “History! What the hell!” he hissed. “Jaemi isn’t even human!” he squeaked and shuffled his way back to class.

 

 

During recess, Chanyeol strolled out of class, while the girls behind squealed and giggled excitedly, sticking onto him like glue as he tried shaking them off.

But just no matter how he shakes them off, he shook five off, ten will be there. He shakes ten off, twenty will be there.

The number just keeps growing and growing which gives Park Chanyeol a big headache.

He hardly had a time for his own, and only the first day of school would those girls give him a break, but after the first day, cookies and chocolates goes into his locker everyday without fail.

Just then, a girl fell right in front of him, and he blinked in surprise as he slowly helped the girl up. Girls looked at her in envy while boys clapped for their idol. “Are you alright?” he asked nicely, and the girl immediately pinked. She nodded her head and quickly shoved a card in his chest. “Call me, if you have the time,” she squeaked and the girls waited for Chanyeol’s response.

He raised an eyebrow at the card and smiled, then nodded. “I’m sure that there will be enough time.” He winked, which made all of the girls squeal again.

Now that is why Park Chanyeol enjoys being the centre of attention, and which somehow created his playboy personality. He totally enjoyed it.

On the other hand, Byun Baekhyun waited for Park Chanyeol to be free from those fans for ten minutes, but he knew it wasn’t enough.

He grumbled and stuffed his hands in his pockets, tapping his feet impatiently.

Jaemi walked out of class just at the same time as Chanyeol and found a massive crowd blocking the way. She grew curious and jumped up and down, hoping to find out what was going on. Since jumping wasn’t successful, she tapped a male student and asked."What's going on over there?"

“Park Chanyeol just has those crazy fans, and I got to admit majority of the guys worship him too.”

Jaemi raised an eyebrow. “Why?” The male student laughed as he pointed at other male students. “Two things. Role model as vice president of the school, and having those looks to be able to attract so many girls. Gosh.”

Jaemi quirked her lips and frowned. “Is he really that popular..” she murmured. “But being popular’s one thing. Shouldn’t they move somewhere else instead of blocking the way.” She grumbled and only decided to make a detour around the school, and her mind could only blame Park Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol plopped a seat beside Baekhyun and took in a deep breath. “I almost died in there. Girls should be surrounding me in the canteen, not the hallway of the classrooms. There’s no electronic fans out there. I really need to suggest having fans installed,” he muttered while Baekhyun couldn’t be bothered and continued gobbling down his food.

“Hey, did you see Jaemi?” Chanyeol asked his buddy, while he just shook his head with the noodles swinging in mid air in his mouth.

His eyes scanned for Jaemi once more in the canteen, but after five minutes of looking around, he walked towards her classroom and smiled.

“I just knew you would be in the classroom,” he said, leaning against the doorframe in his most handsome pose, but was all for nothing, because Jaemi didn’t once look up to greet him.

Heh.

Chanyeol pouted as he dragged a chair and sat next to her, observing her.

Her long lashes twitching as she blinked and concentrated, while Chanyeol placed his head down on the table, grinning. Jaemi placed the pen down and closed her eyes. “Aren’t you sick and tired of clinging onto me?” she asked as she packed her books and went out of the classroom, when Chanyeol quickly followed her to her locker.

“I thought your girlS would keep you busy,” Jaemi said as she unlocked her locker, while Chanyeol grinned and slammed her locker shut, then grabbed her waist and pinned her against the locker. He closed his eyes and sniffed. “I smell, jealousy,” he said and leaned forward while Jaemi rolled her eyes and shook her head. “More like annoyance,” she bluntly replied and pushed him away, then placed her books in.

“Your girls made me busy too. Do you have any idea how much time I spent taking a detour just to get to the locker when the locker was just two metres away from me but was all blocked thanks to you and your girlS,” she grumbled, emphatizing on the S.

He clasped his hands and opened his locker. “Well, to apologize for taking up your precious time, I shall give you something in return,” he said while Jaemi reached her hand out and stopped him. “Nothing good will come, Park Chanyeol. First time I came to this school and you just swiftly stole my first kiss, then you came up with this weird lie and pushed the blame to your ‘twin’ brother that doesn’t even exist. And now what apologies can you have?” she asked.

Her eyes rounded in surprise as he took out his textbook and handed it to Jaemi. “I know you care about your academics, and I think you will need some studying tips, so I’m giving you these for reference,” he said.

Jaemi’s eyes grew larger as he took out more textbooks and files. She browsed through the thick textbooks, then looked up at him. “I have to take care of my LOVELY new girl,” he said as he reached out to curl a strand of hair behind her ear but retracted as Jaemi smacked his hand.

“You-“

“Why? So moved that you want to kiss me? Or even marry me? You can though. Just a small peck here,” he said, pointing to his lips while Jaemi smacked his lips lightly and grabbed the textbooks and notes. “This is really awesome.”

“Well because I’m awesome,” Chanyeol replied, swiping his bangs suavely, which Jaemi shook her head in amusement and cracked a smile. "Thick skin."

Chanyeol blinked in surprise as he leaned forward. “Did I just see you smile because of me?” he asked while Jaemi immediately stopped smiling and shot him a look. “Shut up.”

She closed the book and pursed her lips. “Well thank you. Just hope it really helps,” she said and left, but was quickly pulled back by Chanyeol. “Wait. There’s one more thing,” he said and took it out from his locker. “Magazine?” she asked. Chanyeol nodded his head excitedly.

She shook her head. “No thanks.” Chanyeol pouted, his lips drooping as his head lowered down while Jaemi smacked her head. “Fine, fine. Give it to me,” she said.

Chanyeol’s face lit up and he handed it to Jaemi. “Treasure it, appreciate it. Take care of it, alright?” he said and Jaemi nodded his head and turned to leave.

Once Jaemi stepped into the classroom, she quickly shut the door close and flipped through the pages of the notes and textbooks. “Daebak, where did he get those information from?” she wondered.

Even though some pages were creased or filled with illegible words, it doesn’t really matter.

“At least he did something good,” she murmured and smiled.

 

Chanyeol sipped on his drink slowly and he sighed contently, dreamily tapping his chin while he grinned mischievously.

Baekhyun eyed his friend head to toe and nudged him. “What did you do during recess?” he asked curiously. “Did you meet up with the private detective?”

Chanyeol frowned and placed his drink down, then shot Baekhyun a look. “Why must everyone think that I really hired a detective? I just looked through her particulars alright,” he grumbled, he then smiled and rested his head on his table. “I wonder how she will react if she sees those notes. Happy, sad or angry?”

-----


I'm sorry for not updating for a week! I'm really sorry! I didn't know the first week of school would be so hectic for me to handle! :( But here's your chapter! I hope you enjoy and I'm really sorry :( Love you lots!