Night in the Pit II

Love Entanglement

30

Chanyeol closed his eyes and nibbled on her bottom lip, then slipped his tongue into , continuing to carrass her cheek.

Jaemi eyes were closed. She didn’t have the strength to push him away, and neither did she want to push him away.

She kissed him back weakly, but passionately as Chanyeol grabbed her waist, bringing her cold frail body to his body.

His clothes were so wet that it stuck to his skin and Jaemi could feel his warmth from his body radiating.

Their clothes were stuck together and they could feel the other party’s body that was pressing against the other.

His other hand travelled to her neck, bringing her closer to his lips.

His lips curved up as they cuddled even closer.

Jaemi let her arms weakly travel to his waist, her grip tightening. Chanyeol moaned.

 

 

 

When morning came, Chanyeol was the first to wake up.

He winced in pain, lying on the cold hard ground for the entire night. He found Jaemi lying on his chest, snoring softly with his arm around her shoulder.

He slowly touched her hand and he smiled. Her hand was warmer. He pressed his lips against her forehead and smiled. "I love you, Jaemi."

Just then, Jaemi stirred and she opened her eyes. She shivered and looked at Chanyeol who was looking down at her and she sat up. She didn’t feel so weak but she felt extremely tired.

“You’re awake,” he said. She smiled and trembled, covering her body with her arms.

Then, she winced and she touched the right side of her back.

“Jaemi, don’t move. You were poisoned yesterday by a snake, that’s why it may feel painful,” he said.

Chanyeol winced at that time and Jaemi blinked in surprise. “Chanyeol, are you okay?” she asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just that yesterday we fell into this pit and I think I injured my back.”

She nodded her head awkwardly and looked up. “They must be finding us,” she said.

 

“Jaemi!”

“Chanyeol!”

They coul hear voices outside of the pit and they exchanged glances, smiling. “We’re here!” they shouted. “We’re trapped in a pit!”

“Teacher Kim! I think I hear something!” a student shouted.

“We’re here!” they shouted once more.

Teacher Kim and a bunch of students gathered around the pit and they found Chanyeol and Jaemi trapped.

“We’re here!” Chanyeol called out.

Slowly, they lowered the rope down into the pit. Jaemi was the first one to be brought up, followed by Chanyeol.

 

When they were brought up, they accidentally met eye contact and both immediately looked away.

The atmosphere between the both of them suddenly turned into an awkward situation, after what they did in the pit alone, not to mention the news of them spending the night in a pit will be spread throughout the entire school.

“Jaemi needs to be in the first aid tent,” Chanyeol said to the teacher. “She injured her back yesterday.”

 

Jaemi was in the first aid tent with a nurse who helped dress her wound. “Jaemi, you were lucky the poison was taken out before it reached your heart,” the nurse said. “Did anyone the blood out for you?” she asked.

Jaemi blinked in surprise and bit her lip. *Was it Chanyeol?* her eyes widened in surprise and she felt her cheeks blushing. *That means.. he .. on my back?* she gawked and mentally slapped herself. “I.. I can’t remember.”

The nurse blinked and slowly nodded her head. “Alright..” *That’s strange.*

Thinking back last night, Jaemi couldn’t exactly remember what happened last night after the snake bit her and made her head spinning and dizzy.

She only remembered she went hunting, got bit by a snake, saw Chanyeol, dropped into a pit and, did she kiss?

She remembered hearing Chanyeol’s voice, and she felt a stinging pain behind her back, but at the same time felt a sense of warmth overwhelming behind her back and into her entire body.

She remembered someone hugging her tightly, looking at the night sky, so warm and comfy.

She touched her lips and she gulped.

She thought harder.

Reckoning that someone was Chanyeol, did she kiss Chanyeol?

*Hell, no.*

She did.

Though she couldn’t see, but she knew it was Chanyeol’s lips.

Oh. My. God.

She blinked. She covered and mentally screamed in her head.

Wait, hold on. She closed her eyes to think. She heard Chanyeol's voice. She remembered the promise Chanyeol made. She heard it, and remembered it.

She slowly bit her lip, preventing the smile from getting any wider. *Chanyeol, you promised me. You promised me.*

 

 

The camp was finally over to Jaemi’s relief.

She felt so suffocating and awkward whenever her eyes meet Chanyeol’s and even on the last night which was campfire she just stayed in her own tent and read her book.

 

But sometimes things don’t get better.

 

Baekhyun immediately texted Jaemi.

Would you like to go out with me this Saturday?

He was indeed straightforward, that doesn’t make him look romantic, at all.

Jaemi looked at his message and sighed. “Do I have any other choices?” she asked and sank into her bed.

Her mind slowly drifted off to Chanyeol and that night in the pit. She pressed her lips into a firm line and she could feel her cheeks reddening at the thought of it.

Do you still remember what you promised me the night at the pit? I still do. Anyway, thanks for saving me, Chanyeol.

Sent.

She touched her lips and took in a deep breath then exhale.

Chanyeol couldn’t stop thinking about the night in the pit. That night, when he kissed Jaemi, he felt really happy, finally able to spend time with Jaemi alone, just the both of them.

At the same time, he felt guilty towards Baekhyun who was so innocent and ignorant about his relationship with Jaemi. He really let Baekhyun down.

He looked at the coin that Jaemi gave it to him ten years ago and he softly smiled. At least he found out who Jaemi really is. He held it tightly in his hand, and kept it in his pocket. He remembered the promise he made too.

“CHANYEOL!!” Baekhyun shouted and Chanyeol immediately jumped. *Did he found out about..*

“Chanyeol! Jaemi’s not replying me!” he said and handed his phone to Chanyeol. “See? She blue-ticked me!” He pouted.

Chanyeol smirked and shook his head. “Go up to her dorm then,” he said.

Baekhyun shot up in his seat and clasped his hands together. “Why didn’t I think of that!”

The door slammed shut.

“Finally some peace,” Chanyeol muttered.

Then, his phone buzzed in his pocket.

Actually, though you’re annoying and irritating, your’re still  the one there for me. Thanks for saving me, Chanyeol.

He bit his lip and smiled. He wanted to reply her, but he didn’t know how to.

How?

Jaemi looked at her phone excitedly. His status was typing and it lasted for a few minutes.

Finally her phone vibrated and she looked at his message.

:)

Jaemi gawked at her phone and laughed. “What kind of reply is that!” she laughed and locked her phone. Chanyeol was typing for five minutes and the reply was only a smiley face, she knew how Chanyeol was feeling.

For that moment, both of them forgot about everything. They forgot how awkward it was, they forgot about Baekhyun, they forget how they were suppose to be distancing themselves.

The doorbell rang and Jaemi immediately rushed to open the door. Thinking it was Chanyeol, she smiled.

Baekhyun smiled gleefully and her smiled disappeared. “Oh. Hello Baekhyun,” she said. “Come in.”

“It’s alright! I just want to ask you, would you like to go out with me this Saturday?  I have something to tell you.”

Jaemi’s grip on the hem of her shirt tightened.

She can’t drag it any longer. “Why don’t we meet in school instead? I have something to tell you.”

Baekhyun nodded. “I have something to tell you too.”

-----