Bickers

Love Entanglement

6

Once Jaemi entered the auditorium, she found a familiar face sitting at the back of the room.

Baekhyun immediately waved and she waved back, then plopped a seat beside him. “Hey.” She smiled and he smiled back. “You do look like the type of debates person,” Baekhyun said while Jaemi laughed. “Well to be honest, you actually don’t look like one, I thought you would join basketball or any sports with JerkY- I mean Chanyeol,” she said.

Baekhyun stifled a laugh at the president’s nickname and he shrugged. “Sports is too strenuous for my body, while debates stretch my brain, it’s better.”

She nodded.

“Jaemi, how did you actually made Eunmi laugh for ten minutes?” he asked out of the blue and she blinked in surprise then laughed.

“She was just interested in my previous school, and I just said some cold jokes, then she just laughed,” she said, shrugging her shoulders.

“I want to hear some of the jokes then,” he said while she burst into laughter. “Hardly anyone wanted to listen to my jokes in my previous school, I think you are the only exception,” she replied. “But I think I’ll tell you the jokes later, lesson’s starting soon.”

 

 

Although this was Jaemi’s first lesson with the class, Teacher Kim cut her no slack, and paired her up with Baekhyun with almost everything. Thinking that Teacher Kim paired her up with the person with the biggest brain, she doesn’t mind at all, but Baekhyun felt guilty.

And that was how their debates lesson went. She had to sit with Baekhyun for the lesson.

She was paired up with Baekhyun for the project.

She was partners with him for another activity since everyone was already paired up.

And the more they spent time together, the more Jaemi knew about Baekhyun, and the more she felt closer to him.

Cracking jokes, laughing together and got scolded by the teacher together.

 

 

“I’ll be going to back to the hostel,” Baekhyun said and Jaemi waved. “I’ll be going to the mart to stock up. I guess I’ll meet you tomorrow to discuss,” she said.

Then as she walked out of the school gates, she was oblivious to the face that three male students followed her as she walked up the slope.

Chanyeol snored and his head drooped forward, and he quickly woke up. He quickly wiped his drool and fidgeted in the car, looking for Jaemi and frowned.

He immediately started the engine and drove towards her direction.

He pulled over and shouted. “Jaemi!” he called out. Jaemi jumped and she looked to her left. “Chanyeol?” she called out and Chanyeol immediately opened the door to the passenger seat for her. “Hop in!” he hissed.

Jaemi frowned as she found him anxious and impatient, and she warily went into the car. Then, without telling Jaemi, Chanyeol sped off, leaving the three male students behind. Once he saw the students out of sight, he pulled over and sighed.

“Jaemi you didn’t know that you were being followed by three male students,” he said while her eyes widened in surprise. “From our school?”

He shook his head. “Opposite our school,” he clarified and Jaemi nodded.

Then, her eyes rounded in surprise as she realized Chanyeol was the driver. She turned to face him. “How old are you?”

“Seventeen and a half,” he replied.

She squinted her eyes at him and he sighed, nodding his head. “You don’t need to give me that look. You’re right I don’t have a driver’s license,” he admitted and she immediately unlocked the door while Chanyeol locked as he grinned.

She unlocked it, he locked it.

“Unlock it.”

“No.”

“Unlock it.”

“Nope.”

“Unlock it.”

“No.”

“Park Jerkyeol, let me out,” she hissed while he pouted and Jaemi shut her eyes and groaned. “Will you stop giving me that look,” she sighed and quickly sat up straight in her seat. “You know you’re going to get us killed with your driving skills.”

“Have you experienced death after sitting in this seat for ten minutes?” he asked innocently, batting his eyelids at him while she groaned and fell back in her seat. “I’m trying to save your reputation, Mr President,” she hissed.

“I have biology questions for you,” he said, using his last trump card and Jaemi immediately buckled up. “Drive.”

“Jaemi, I rented this car, so after today I won’t be able to pick you up like this,” he said, pouting while she nodded her head and flipped through the pages. “It’s definitely alright with me.”

She murmured to herself, memorising while Chanyeol peeked at the file and looked at the topic. “Ahh, morals,” he whispered while she immediately shut the file, frowning.

Chanyeol smirked and he placed both hands on the steering wheel. “Is that your debates homework?”

“It has nothing to do with you.”

“Man and animals are not alike. You can't compare. Man has morals, conscience and self awareness but animals are different," he started.

Jaemi blinked in surprise and she turned to look at him. “But, man are animals. Courtship and rivalry are similar.”
“We live not to survive but to pursue our ultimate values. Human courtship isn’t simply about having offsprings. It also concerns love,” he said, leaning forward towards her while she pushed him back. “Concentrate please.”

“I suggest that you stand on the similarities of man and animals, it’s easier,” he suggested and she nodded.

He raised an eyebrow at her and he quirked his lips. “Hey, I’m giving you so much advice and you’re just going to give me a nod?”

“What do you want?” she hissed and he pointed at his cheek. “A kiss,” he said while she folded her arms and brought it to her chest. “Once bitten twice shy. Never am I going to kiss your cheek, it’s like kissing your lips!” she hissed.

“Come on!” he whined. “Or I’ll kiss you.”

Jaemi punched his arm and she grabbed his neck, shaking it while he choked and gasped for air. “Yah! Yah! I’m dri-driving!” he choked while she laughed and punched his arm once more. “One more time you ask for a kiss and I’ll wring your neck off,” she said sweetly and he whined. “You’re so dangerous.”

“Well the dangerous person is sitting next to me. Of course I have to be dangerous.”

Jaemi can’t say she really detested Jerkyeol completely, but can’t say she can’t find him irritating, just slightly above her bottom line.

At least there’s a tincy wincy good thing about him, right?

After spending some time with the JerkYeol, she can feel how friendly he is, even though sometimes he can be really a jerk.

“Drop me at the mart,” she said, pointing and he nodded.

 

Eunmi bent even lower, looking through the window and she saw Jaemi and Chanyeol in a car, bickering while Jaemi grabbed his neck and shook it, and she stifled a laughter. “Damn, that Chanyeol is finally under control,” she laughed and shook her head in amusement.

 

Just as Jaemi alighted, the same three students were just a distance away from her range. Chanyeol poked his head out of the window and looked back, immediately frowning as he quickly got off and approached Jaemi. *I’ll show you who she is.*

 

“Jaemi!” he called out.

She turned and Chanyeol immediately grabbed her waist, pulling her body closer to him and pressed his lips on her cheek. Her eyes widened in surprise and she frowned, clenching her fists tightly.

“You!-“ she shouted, and raised her hand but Chanyeol immediately forced out a smile and whispered in her ear. “The three male students are back again, just play with me, will you?” he whispered and Jaemi clenched her teeth, forcing out a smile.

She slowly lowered her hand, placing it on Chanyeol’s shoulder and gave it a tight squeeze. “Thank you,” she hissed and squeezed his shoulder while he let out a whimper. “You’re, welcome, honey,” he whimpered, his eyes slowly rolling back.

 

The pain was intolerable, but he had to tolerate it.

“Le-let’s, g-go, i-in, t-th-then,” he stuttered and she nodded her head, released the grip on his shoulder.

He almost fainted.

The three male students exchanged looks as they glared at the president’s head, and after some time, they decided to leave.

Once they were out of sight, Chanyeol let out a groan and he fell on the ground, crying while he massaged his shoulder.

Jaemi jumped and she turned, to see Chanyeol lying flat on the ground and she stifled a laugh. “Serve you right.” She stuck out a tongue and helped him up.

 

---

“Are you alright?” she asked, massaging his shoulder while he screamed in pain, fidgeting in his seat. “Don’t be so rough! It hurts!” he cried while she rolled her eyes and chuckled. “Well you need not kiss my cheek to let those three guys give up, right?” She frowned.

He tapped his chin and a light bulb formed above his head. “On the positive side, be lucky that I kissed your cheek and not your lips,” he said and Jaemi blinked. “It sounds convincing..” she murmured and she quickly snapped out of it. “But you still took advantage of me,” she said and exerted more force on his shoulder as he screamed even louder. “JAEMI!”

She chuckled while he huffed and frowned, throwing a little boy’s tantrum at her.

 

They were back in Jaemi’s dormitory and on the way Chanyeol kept complaining and he almost couldn’t drive the way back to the hostel, while Jaemi just shut her ear tightly, not letting any noise pollution affecting her.

He ed his shirt and took it off, throwing it on the ground as he flexed his muscles. “Jaemi, don’t you think I’m buff, hmm?” he asked, showing off his muscles while she blinked in surprise and quickly threw his shirt back at him. “I’m only helping to apply ointment on your shoulder, not your whole body. This isn’t a nightclub,” she said and went behind him, pressing her palm on his shoulder and rubbed it while he screamed in pain.

“Lighter! Lighter! Not so rough Jaemi, it hurts!” he whined while she sighed. “Scream one more time and I’ll send you to hell.”

“Hey, Jaemi-ah. Why don’t you just apply the ointment on my body, then I will look glossy as ever, I think all the girls will swoon over me with the body like this,” he grinned.

She snorted. “You? I think you’ll end up looking like an oily lump of meat,” she replied while Chanyeol pouted. “You’re not fun at all,” he said and lay flat on his stomach on her bed while she slapped his back. “Get up!” she hissed and he shook his head. “Just apply the ointment on my shoulder, it won’t stain your bed.”

 

Just as they were bickering with each other, Eunmi abruptly entered the dormitory and she stared wide eyed at the both of them.

Chanyeol lying on Jaemi’s bed with his top gone, and Jaemi sitting beside him applying ointment, but when you look at Eunmi’s angle, it seemed like she was carassing Chanyeol’s back.

“Hey Eunmi, you’re back,” she said while Eunmi blinked in surprise as Chanyeol moaned. “Jaemi, harder,” he said while she slapped his back.

“I think, I should better leave you two alone.” She shook her head and she quickly ran out of the dormitory, leaving Jaemi and Chanyeol confused.

Then it dawned upon Jaemi and she immediately slapped Chanyeol’s back, hard. “Damn Jerkyeol it’s all your fault! Eunmi misunderstood us!” she shouted and threw the pillow at him.

He closed his eyes. “Just let her be. I can’t stop her from misunderstanding us.” He shrugged and grinned. “Plus, in the future you have to massage me like this everyday.”

She stomped her feet and shook her head. “I don’t even know why in the first place I had to massage your shoulder!” she screamed and ran out of the dormitory.

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow at her and blinked, then sighed. “Women.”

-----