Jerk

Love Entanglement

1.

Jaemi shook her head in confusion as she looked up at the sky, then back down at the map. Thirty minutes of walking around the neighbourhood and yet no sign of the school. “Isn’t the school suppose to be some kind of landmark?” she murmured as she tilted her head to the right and left, then flipped the map to the other side, hoping to find the school.

She was completely lost in the neighbourhood. She could finally be admitted into a prestigious school, but nothing goes right on the first day of school.

She bumped into a man and he immediately apologized before walking away, oblivious to the fact that her wallet was already swiftly taken out from the pocket.

Before the man could even check the wallet, he immediately bumped into another male student.

“Ouch!” the student cried and he winced in pain, clutching his arm. “Sorry, sorry,” he quickly apologized to the pickpocket before walking away. He smirked.

Jaemi stopped in her tracks and she felt her pocket empty. She fumbled for her wallet. Searching her pocket, then her bag and she immediately started perspiring. “Uh oh.”

Great, and now she lost her wallet.

She was at her wits ends.

 “Did you lose your wallet?” the male student asked. Jaemi nodded her head, not bothering to look up as she tried looking for her wallet desperately in her bag.

“I guess this is yours then,” he said, handing her wallet back.

Jaemi looked up at him and smiled, covering in relief. “Thank you!” she chirped.

He caught a glance of her bright brown eyes and he smiled, then placed the lollipop back into his mouth, his hands in his pockets and he walked off.

Jaemi looked up at him again, black pants and a blue checker jacket over his shirt, with the red tie sticking out and swaying side to side as he walked while on the lollipop.

She looked at her uniform, then back at the student’s uniform. Her eyes lit up and a huge smile immediately formed on her face as she ran towards the student with her large green bag hitting her back continuously as she ran.

“Wait!” she yelled, and reached a hand out to grab his shoulder. The student spat out his lollipop onto the ground as he coughed, and looked at Jaemi while she breathed in heavily and at the same time forcing out a smile. “H-Hey,” she shakily greeted as she breathed in heavily to catch her breath. “Sorry.”

“It’s you again,” Chanyeol said, smiling as he crossed his arms, looking at her.

 “I was wondering, do you know where is Seoul High?” she asked while Chanyeol bit his lip and cleared his throat. “Well, why do you want to know?” he raised an eyebrow and cocked his head to one side.

“Well I need to report to school, and I kind of lost my way-“

“So you want to follow me to school?” Chanyeol finished and Jaemi nodded her head. He stifled a laugh and nodded. “But I’m going home, unless you want to follow me?” he leaned forward. Jaemi quickly leaned back, forcing out a smile. “Well, you can tell me the way to school,” she replied.

Chanyeol looked down at the lollipop on the ground and stretched his hand out. “I can tell you, but you made me drop this lollipop-“

“I don’t have money,” she replied then began fumbling through her pocket. “I only have small change, but it should be enough.”

“Well, you made me litter too,” Chanyeol bluntly replied while Jaemi frowned. “Well the most I’ll pay you back since we’re going to be studying in the same school.”

“That’s all I get from telling you directions and for helping you find your wallet?” he leaned forward once more and smiled. Jaemi squinted her eyes and wagged a finger at him, smiling. “You’re not trying to take advantage of me aren’t you?” she joked. “You know you don’t look like those.”

He shrugged. “I don’t but I do.” He had a crooked smile on his face. “Don’t your parents teach you never to judge a book by its cover?”

Jaemi glanced at her watch and calmed herself down as she frowned. “What do you want?” she asked. A few seconds ago he helped her finding her wallet and she went ‘Oh what a nice student he is’ and now it changed to ‘Oh what a ert he is’.

Chanyeol grinned innocently as he shook his head. “Not a lot, just a kiss,” he said and turned his face to his left, having his cheek to face Jaemi. “You know not only will I tell you the directions I’ll tell you where to report, so you’ll save some time.” He grinned.

Jaemi gawked at him and cleared . “And why must I?”

Chanyeol tapped his chin. “Where did you come from?”

“I studied in America for two years, and I came back to Korea,” she said, crossing her arms, displeased.

“Aren’t students from America open minded? They would kiss everybody they see a goodbye or goodnight kiss.”

“I’m Korean. I just went abroad for a few years,” she pointed out and Chanyeol shrugged. “It’s the same,” he said. He yawned and tapped his cheek. “The clock’s ticking. The school gate would be closed soon-“

“Fine,” she said with gritted teeth as closed her eyes and took in a deep breath, calming herself down.. “Just once,” she said, holding one finger out and clenched her fists tightly. She looked around the surrounding area and quickly leaned forward to kiss his cheek. At that moment, Chanyeol turned to his right and his lips perfectly pecked Jaemi’s lips.

Her eyes widened in surprise, and she froze on the spot. “You!-“

“Alright thank you just go straight then turn right, and you’ll see the gate. You better get going before the gate closes bye!” he said everything in one breath and pushed her to the front. “Bye!” he waved while Jaemi pointed a finger at him. “Fine, just wait,” she muttered and quickly ran.

When Jaemi’s figure vanished as she turned towards her right, Chanyeol immediately ran towards the school, following the path as the gate started to close. He shouted. “Wait! Wait! Don’t close it!” he shouted but the gate was already closed and the security guard wasn’t in sight.

He rolled his eyes and blew his bangs as he tossed his school bag over the school gate, then he grabbed onto one of the poles of the gate, then stepped on a bar and jumped over the school gate.

He smiled and dusted his jacket before picking up his school bag and strolled towards the shortcut to the school lobby. The security guard caught him and shook his head. “Chanyeol you shouldn’t be climbing the school gate every now and then, you’re going to dirty it,” he chided while Chanyeol bit his lip and rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. “Don’t worry, after I’m done with everything I’ll immediately clean the school gate, alright?” he grinned and strolled his way.

Just as he was about to step into the school’s lobby, he quickly hid behind the bush and peeked through the small gaps of the leaves. He spied on Jaemi who was lost as she looked around the school, sighing while she wandered around.

He giggled and jumped up when an arm slung around his shoulder. He looked at the person and rolled his eyes, then whacked his head. “Byun Baekhyun, can you not spy on me,” he grumbled and when he turned his head to the front, Jaemi’s gone.

“It seems like you’re the one who’s spying on someone,” he replied back. “Who’s the next victim?”

Chanyeol whacked his head once more and shrug Baekhyun’s arm off. “What do you mean by victim? Say that one more time and I’ll stitch up your mouth,” he threatened.

His lips slowly curved up at the thought of her. “Well, this girl is the new girl that I accidentally kissed her lips-“

“You sure it’s an accident, not intentional?” Baekhyun raised an eyebrow while Chanyeol raised his fist up. He clasped his hands together and knocked his forehead. “Aish I’m arranged to meet her! I’m going to be late,” he murmured and quickly ran towards the elevator while Baekhyun went into the lobby.

Jaemi looked around the school and sighed. “Lost, just like a lost lamb..”

“Lost?” a voice called out as a student approached her. She smiled politely at him and sadly nodded. “I can’t find the elevator. I’m supposed to report to school today to have all the particulars sorted out before school starts on Monday, but I just can’t find the lift,” she explained. She glanced at her watch and sighed. “I’m going to be late.”

Baekhyun stifled a laugh and he nodded. “Well I think the person would be late too,” he murmured while Jaemi tilted her head. “What do you mean?”

He shook his head and waved off that comment. “It’s nothing. Just go straight then turn to your left. It’s at the opposite of the canteen,” he directed and Jaemi smiled. “Thank you!”

Chanyeol ran into the councillor room and threw his bag on the shelf before fixing his jacket and straightened himself in his seat.

Then, the door opened and Chanyeol bit back a smile as he looked up at Jaemi and smiled politely, unlike that unusual cheeky grin. Jaemi’s eyes widened in surprise as she slowly walked towards the chair opposite Chanyeol. “Student, please take a seat beside me,” he instructed and Jaemi clenched her fists tightly and nodded.

*How could he act like he didn’t do a single thing at all?* That angered Jaemi.

She eyed him and slowly sat down on the seat, her eyes not leaving him.

He wiped his sweat off his forehead, opening the folder of Jaemi’s particulars and immediately smiled, but he quickly bit back and nodded his head while he read through. “So you’re Park Jaemi. Nice to meet you,” he said and stretched his hand out, while Jaemi reluctantly held his hand and shook it.

“It seems like you took quite some time to find this place-“

“Ok, that’s enough,” she said, raising her voice as she shot up from the seat. “It’s enough. Stop pretending like you don’t know me and you even took my first-“

“I’m sorry but what’s wrong?” he asked, raising an eyebrow at her as he feigned ignorance towards the situation. It took a minute for Chanyeol to think of a lie as he clasped his hands together and stood up. “I’m so sorry, Jaemi. Is it possible that you met my twin brother on the streets?” he asked, lying.

Jaemi raised an eyebrow at him and bit her lip. “Twin brother?” she repeated and Chanyeol sadly shook his head.

Gosh his acting skills were superb.

“Well I have been waiting for you for twenty minutes, and before that I went to the canteen to get a drink, while my brother only reached here five minutes ago, I think he kind of disturbed you-I’m sorry,” he apologized as he bowed while Jaemi quickly took a step back and waved. “Wait- No. You don’t need to bow. It’s okay. He didn’t really do much though,” she replied.

“I’m Park Chanyeol, and my brother’s Park Chan.. Chan.. Chan.. Chansoo,” he said while he closed the folder and smiled apologetically. “Sorry for my brother that caused so much trouble, when I see him again, I’ll definitely tell him off, so don’t you worry,” he said assuredly and Jaemi forced a smile out, nodding.

“If there’s nothing else, I’ll be seeing you on Monday then,” Jaemi said and slowly stepped out of the councillor room. Chanyeol nodded and waved. “Have a nice day,” he said, and once Jaemi was out of the room, the room was filled with Chanyeol’s laughter. He rolled on the table as he cheered. “Park Chanyeol oh Park Chanyeol how can you be this smart,” he sighed, then continued to laugh out.

-----