Identity, Exposed.

Love Entanglement

2.

Jaemi was out in the school's hostel, walking around with a small map in her hand.

Chanyeol walked around the school and spotted Jaemi entering the hostel.

At the sight of her, his eyes lit up and he immediately got a plan in his mind.

He loosened his tie, tuck out his shirt and quickly put on a cap before winking as he slowly approached her.

Jaemi looked around the dormitory and smiled. Two beds were separated by the study table in the middle, while the closet was placed at one side. The sink, stove and oven was placed at one small corner that was a mini kitchen, then at beside it is the toilet.

The floor was covered with pastel wooden floorings and whenever she took a step, she could hear a hollow sound.

She rubbed the sheet of the bed and smiled.

Chanyeol crept to her side. “Hey,” he whispered in her ear and she jumped, turning to her right and saw Chanyeol smirking.

She rolled her eyes and frowned. “Why are you here?” she asked, annoyed.

“Obviously, to see you, my first kisser,” he replied and her eyes widened in surprise. “What do you mean by first kisser?” She frowned.

“Isn’t it obvious? I stole your first kiss, and you stole mine.” He grinned, leaning forward while she leaned backward and pushed his face away. “Will you keep quiet? When did I ever steal you first kiss? You were the one who stole mine!” she hissed.

Chanyeol grinned in satisfaction and he clapped his hands. “Finally, you admitted it.”

“You!” she shouted, pointing a finger at him then quickly calmed down. “I have no time to play with you, I’m going to find your brother,” she muttered and walked away but was stopped by Chanyeol as he flashed a smile. “We’ll meet again,” he said. She clenched her firsts tightly and muttered to herself before she stormed off.

 

 

Chanyeol, as Chanyeol walked towards Jaemi, while she just slurped on her noodles. She tapped her chin as thoughts went through her mind. “First day of school isn’t that bad.” She smiled, but it slowly turned into a frown as her mind travelled to Chanyeol who just stole her first kiss. “School would be so much better with him..” she murmured as Chanyeol approached her from behind and plopped next to her. “Hey, Jaemi,” he greeted and she spat out the noodles.

Chanyeol laughed as he patted her back while she scooted away from Chanyeol and smiled. “Hey.”

“So how’s the first day of school?” Chanyeol asked.

“It’s not that bad. Teachers and students are all quite friendly. I think it would be better if your twin brother isn’t here,” she whispered.

“Why?”

“He’s irritating and the thing is that he’s so disgusting,” she cringed and continued eating while Chanyeol’s eyes widened in surprise. “Your brother is like a freak, he’s dirty, jerk, scumbag, rascal and I even think Chansoo sounds so.. ew.” She shuddered.

“Do you want me to go on?” Jaemi raised an eyebrow at him while he forced out a smile.

“Your brother is the total exact opposite of you. He’s cunning, irritating, despicable, and I don’t even know why he’s in this school! Instead, if I were the principal I would immediately exile him out of South Korea so that he won’t be able to ual harass girls and molest them with his eyes.”

Chanyeol faked a smile. “I apologise on his behalf then.”

Jaemi nodded. “Chansoo!” she pointed. Chanyeol immediately looked up at her, puzzled.

“Chansoo!” she said once more, pointing. Chanyeol frowned and looked at her direction. “How can Chansoo be there? Chansoo doesn’t even exist,” he muttered, and Jaemi caught it.

He covered his mouth and looked at Jaemi who looked at him back, raising an eyebrow. “Finally, you said the truth,” she hissed and walked away while Chanyeol quickly followed her as he grabbed her arm and she shook it off. “Don’t touch me,” she hissed.

Chanyeol immediately let go of her and placed his hands in the air, surrendering. "How did you know Chansoo is Chanyeol?" he asked

Jaemi shot him in the eye and crossed her arms. "Since I entered the conference room, I already saw two things. Your tie and the paint on your pants. All students wear a tie on the first day of school, even me, but you're different because you're, the student vice president." She almost gagged.

She held her tie up to his eye level. "From afar, the two ties look the same, but if you take a closer look, my tie is a lighter shade of red, and mine of course, doesn't have a red string sticking out at the bottom of the tie," she explained, pulling that string from Chanyeol's tie and he grinned.

"What about the paint?"

"The paint on the school gate got stuck on your pants because you climbed up the gate yesterday, according to the security guard," she said. "I don't understand why you're the student vice president when you don't even look like one," she said, exasperated. She looked over at his shoulder and sighed. "And to consider the amount of girls spying on you."

Chanyeol shrugged.

"You already took my first kiss and what else do you want from me,” she said coldly while Chanyeol grinned sheepishly.

“But, you enjoyed it, didn’t you?”

“What?!” she shrieked. “I definitely did not! I can’t believe you could even say such disgusting stuff,” she hissed and walked off, folding her arms and bringing it to her chest as she stormed out of the canteen. “Jerk.”

 

 

 

Jaemi looked at the announcement board and she tapped her chin while furrowing her eyebrows together. “Should I join?” she murmured, looking at the flyer pasted on the board. She held her book tightly to her chest as she considered the idea.

“Park Jaemi!” a voice called out and she whipped her head towards the direction of the voice. Her eyes rounded in surprise and she immediately hit her head against the board. “Not again,” she murmured.

Chanyeol slung an arm around her shoulder while she gaped at the vice president and she immediately stepped away from Chanyeol. “Do you know me that well?” she hissed while Chanyeol shrugged and nodded. “Park Jaemi, born on 16 July 199-“

Jaemi immediately covered his mouth as she gawked at him. “Must you seriously tell everyone about me? What did I do to you that you must keep clinging to me like a lovegrass?” she asked, exasperated while Chanyeol tilted his head and slowly put her hand aside. “What a lovegrass? Oh you mean us as a lovegrass? Lovegrass sounds romantic, I like it!” he giggled while Jaemi banged her head against the wall.

He looked at the notice board and grinned. “Ahh, you wish to sign up? You’ll definitely get in because you have me as a backing,” he said and grinned while he slowly placed his arm around Jaemi’s shoulder again.

Jaemi gawked at him and shook her head. “I don’t want people to speak behind my back, and get your filthy hand of me,” she hissed.

“Anyway, just fill up the form and I guarantee you that you will have a bright future ahead,” he promised as he hooked pinkies with her and Jaemi looked up at Chanyeol and frowned.

Chanyeol burst out laughing. “I will seize the chance to make you fall in love with me,” he dreamily said while Jaemi gagged at him.

She snapped out of her thoughts and received the form from Chanyeol’s hands, staring at it.

 

 

Chanyeol looked at the folder that contained the particulars of Jaemi and he smiled dreamily, chuckling while Baekhyun whacked his head. “Aren’t you supposed to hand in the particulars to the principal?” he asked and Chanyeol nodded his head. “I was just wondering, how did she attract my attention?” he asked.

“How would I know? But you’ll soon forget about her, I’m sure of it," he said and crept closely up to him. "Because you will never give up a forest just because of a tree.” He grinned.

Just unknowingly, Chanyeol himself didn’t even realize when he was suddenly so attracted to her. He only remembered the day when they met, but since he has stolen her first kiss, and his deadline to forget a girl was within 24 hours, why is that Park Jaemi on his mind?

Baekhyun shrugged. “You were so fascinated with her that you even hired private detective to track her. Come to think of it, you’re quite a ert for a vice,” he said and shuddered.

Chanyeol frowned as he looked at her picture of her. “She just looks, familiar, and pretty too.” Then, he took out the ten won coin kept in his pocket for all these years, and his lips unconsciously curled up. The one dollar coin had a smiley face drawn on it using permanent marker, and until now, the ink was still vividly there.

 

10 years ago

Eight-year-old Chanyeol sat on the pavement of the road, sobbing and wailing as buried his head in his palms. “Appa!” he wailed as he continued crying.

Then, a mother and her daughter walked past her, as the daughter fixed her gaze on Chanyeol. The mother bent down to her daughter’s eye level and smiled warmly at her. “Stay here and wait for me, don’t wander about. I’ll be back in five minutes time, alright?” her mother warmly said, and the daughter nodded her head.

When the mother was gone, the daughter sat beside Chanyeol and patted his back. “A man should never cry, that is what appa said,” she said while Chanyeol shook his head. “But I lost my father, I lost him,” he wailed while the girl smiled. "Look at me." She said softly.

She held the coin with her thumb and her four other fingers. Then, she grabbed the coin with her right hand and cleneched her right hand tightly.

Chanyeol looked at her hand in suspense, excited.

She slowly opened her right hand, and the coin was gone.

Chanyeol blinked in surprise and he gasped.

The girl smiled and she opened her left hand, revealing the coin.

“Omma gave it to me to make me happy, but she said that I’m a big girl now and I can create my own happiness, but I keep it with me because it’s my lucky coin. I’m now giving this to you. So whenever you see this coin, it will make you happy,” the girl said.

Chanyeol looked up at her and took it from her hand, then noticing that there was a small scar on her right thumb. He took notice of the smiley face on the face of the coin and he giggled.

Just then, Chanyeol’s father came and grabbed his left arm, picking him up as he hugged Chanyeol tightly. “Thank god. Chanyeol I thought you were kidnapped. Next time don’t ever wander about like this, alright?” he chided softly and Chanyeol nodded his head.

His father led him in the hand, walking away from the little girl while Chanyeol turned back to take a another look at the girl, who just brightly smiled back at him. Then he looked back at the coin. “Her smile..” he whispered.

 

Even though it was a childish thought, Chanyeol never once thought it was a stupid or childish thought.

And up till now, he couldn’t recognize the girl, even if the girl’s standing right in front of him, he doubt he would even know. All he remembered was the girl’s smile. Her bright smile, just like the coin.

“Aish what are you thinking Park Chanyeol. Wanting to find a girl just by her smile is like finding a needle in the haystack,” he chided and he quickly turned back at Baekhyun. “And I did not hire a PI to check on her. It’s just a form of expression.”