Under her Control

Love Entanglement

12

On the next day, Jaemi came to Dasul’s house just as she promised. But, she didn’t come with Chanyeol.

Instead, she came with Baekhyun.

 

“Just put the things here, Baekhyun,” she said, dusting her hands and Baekhyun nodded, then placed the sack of rice and the container filled with oil on the floor beside the sofa.

 

Now when Jaemi took a closer look, she realized that the house was dusty and small. The living room was combined with the bedroom, and the kitchen only took up the space of the stove and fridge, and at the back of the kitchen was a small toilet.

“Halmeoni,” she called out. Dasul walked out of toilet and smiled. “Hello,” she called out.

“In the future, call me Dasul,” she said, and only when she turned her head she saw Baekhyun smiling warmly at her and she frowned. “Where’s Chanyeol?” she asked, looking around.

“He’s busy today, that’s why I asked my friend to come. He’s called Baekhyun,” she introduced and Dasul quirked her lips and nodded.

“Sit down,” she said.

 

 

Chanyeol tapped his chin. After yesterday going out with Jaemi to meet the swindler, he suddenly felt an urge to visit her again. He felt mean to just let her live on her own without any care.

He packed his bag and changed into a new set of clothes and he walked straight towards Dasul’s house.

He looked up at the building and before he stepped into the building he prayed. “May the lift work,” he whispered and took in a deep breath before stepping in. Surprisingly, the lift wasn’t under maintenance.

He let out a big sigh of relief and pressed the lift button, as the elevator went up.

 

When he stepped out of the lift, he could already hear noises coming in from Dasul’s house and he poked his head in, blinking in surprise as he saw Baekhyun and Jaemi together with Dasul.

“Jaemi,” he called out as he entered the house. “Baekhyun, what are you doing here?” he asked.

Dasul immediately cut him off as she grabbed Jaemi’s and Baekhyun’s hand then placing it on top of one another and held tightly on both of their hands. “I’m really glad that you came to visit me. Especially you Baekhyun, You came to visit a stranger, if only Jaemi would have a boyfriend like you,” she said and Chanyeol’s eyes widened.

 

He frowned and huffed, while Jaemi chuckled and nodded her head casually.

What Dasul said made Baekhyun pinked, as he scratched his cheek with his free hand and smiled.

 

“Dasul, why don’t I cook something for you?” she asked and Dasul clapped her hands and smiled. “Thank you, why don’t you bring Baekhyun along in the kitchen?” she suggested and Baekhyun smiled. “I’ll gladly help.”

 

When they were busy in the kitchen, Dasul smirked at Chanyeol while he growled. “Dasul,” he hissed and made a gesture for Dasul to come while she rolled her eyes and pointed a finger at her ankle.

Chanyeol growled once more and went over to her side. “Dasul,” he hissed. “Elderly are very fickle, especially elderly like you. Yesterday you said I’m Jaemi’s boyfriend and now you claim Baekhyun as Jaemi’s boyfriend-“

“It’s my business. Plus I prefer a boy like Baekhyun that doesn’t talk back at me, unlike you,” she said and stuck her tongue out at Chanyeol while he gawked at her.

 

“Aish, I must say that people at your age hardly have such a good mouth like you that can talk back at her age. If I didn’t see your wrinkles and grey hair I would have thought you were so much younger,” he scoffed while Dasul pointed a finger at him and shot him a look.

She looked at his finger and whacked it away. “Whatever. Anyway, I prefer Baekhyun to be with Jaemi. Once they are alone without you I’ll immediately persuade to date with my sharp tongue.”

 

“You dare,” he growled and she nodded. “I dare. In fact, I shall ship them. Baek,mi,” she snapped while Chanyeol gawked at her and his jaw dropped.

 

K.O.

 

---

 

“Lunch’s ready!” Jaemi called out and served the dishes. It was simple and plain, but Dasul didn’t mind. In fact, she loved it.

 

“It’s been a long time since so many people gathered to eat with me,” she said, flashing another genuine smile.

“Eat while you can, Dasul,” Chanyeol murmured and Jaemi kicked his leg under the table. “Chanyeol,” she hissed.

 

“Let’s eat,” Baekhyun said and they started eating. But it seems like Chanyeol wasn’t enjoying the lunch. Whatever dish he tries to take with his chopsticks, Dasul seems to grab it first. He took that particular piece of spinach at the corner, she took it. He tried taking that half cracked peanut, she took it too.

Then, he decided to give up and continue eating his rice. Bet Dasul wouldn’t steal it.

 

He resigned to his fate and sulked in his seat, shaking his head in disappointment as he looked at Jaemi and Baekhyun, eating at their hearts content as they pass each other dishes and smiled at one another.

That side, it was sunny, and at his side, it was gloomy.

What a big contrast.

 

Dasul cleared and kicked Chanyeol’s leg under the table, as he blinked at her, frowning. ‘What,’ he mouthed and Dasul rolled her eyes, then strained her neck, pointing to the plates on the table and he raised an eyebrow at her. ‘What?’

Dasul groaned and pointed at the empty plates with her finger without Jaemi looking and he rolled his eyes. *Why should I do the job?*

*Do it. Or I’ll kick you.* she mentally snapped at him and he glared at her. *You dare?*

She kicked him with all of his might and he nodded. *You’ve got the guts.*

 

He forced out a smile and grabbed the plates, and Jaemi looked at him, blinking in surprise then cracked a smile.

Dasul smiled and nodded her head. *In due course, you’ll understand what you do pays off everything.*

Baekhyun’s phone rang in his pocket and he picked up the call. “Tea-teacher Kim?” he squeaked and Dasul looked at him in surprise.

“A-ah, y-yes. Al-alright. I’ll be th-there,” he said and hung up. “Sorry Jaemi, Teacher Kim called me to return back to school. She has something to discuss with me.”

“Oh, alright then,” she said and waved while he waved at Dasul. “Don’t worry Dasul, I’ll be back next day,” he said and she nodded, silently wishing he won’t be back.

 

When Chanyeol came out of the kitchen with the dishes done, Dasul handed him a mop and he frowned. “Don’t tell me you want me to mop the floor,” he growled and Dasul flashed a smile and shook her head. “Of course not, sweetie. I gave you this mop to mop the walls,” she said and Chanyeol took in a deep breath, inwardly growling and he nodded. “Again, you got the guts.”

 

Dasul sat beside Jaemi who cracked a smile and shook her head in amusement when she saw Chanyeol mopping the floor harshly with force.

Chanyeol treated the floor like Dasul. Stepping and scratching it harshly and he finally felt satisfied.

“Oh no!” Dasul gasped and she immediately took out the broomstick. “I’m sorry Chanyeol, you’re supposed to sweep before mopping, I think you have to mop once more after sweeping. I’m sure you don’t mind, do you?” she asked and Chanyeol pointed a finger at her and nodded. “Of course I don’t mind,” he snapped back and threw the mop aside and grabbed the broomstick, sweeping the floor.

Jaemi watched Chanyeol as he first started in the kitchen, his sticking out openly and he scrubbed the floor hardly. She bit back a smile and nodded her head, then continued reading the magazine.

When Chanyeol looked up, he saw Jaemi in her own world, reading the magazine, not once looking at him and he pouted, before going back to work.

*Please don’t tell me my weekend is going to be gone like this.* He prayed.

After three long hours, but for Chanyeol it was like three long years of his youth wasted, he finally finished mopping and sweeping as he sunk in the sofa beside Jaemi. She smiled and grabbed a tissue, wiping the beads of perspiration on his forehead. “Look at you, sweating so much by just doing housework, you really need to work out,” she said and he forced out a smile. “Thanks, Jaemi.” He smiled, and he felt whatever he has done was worth it.

Dasul yawned and she shuffled her feet towards them. Jaemi smiled. “Dasul, when you were young, do you have a lover?” she asked while Chanyeol blew a raspberry. “If she has a lover I’ll immediately chop my head off and let her sit on it.”

“Well I do have a lover,” she replied. “So are you going to chop off your head and let me sit on it?” She raised an eyebrow at him and Jaemi laughed. “Ooh. Burned,” she whispered.

“Now, it’s time for my story time,” she announced while Chanyeol blew a raspberry. “Your story time was fifty years ago Dasul.”

“Who said so? Remember who was the one who said would ship-“

“Please carry on,” he quickly said while Jaemi blinked in surprise. “Chanyeol, why does it seem like you’ve changed today. You’re more, obedient today.” She smiled and he smiled back. “I’m always obedient, Jaemi,” he said sweetly and Dasul shuddered. “Alright it’s my turn now.”

-----


Hey everybody! So how's it going with lyfe?

Anyway, I hope you won't be pissed with Dasul who is an old lady and a fictional character. If you read carefully you would see how she actually secretly helps Chanyeol yeah?

ANDDDD  if you enjoy this story, do remember to comment and upvote because all are loved! Thank you! xoxo