Hormones

Love Entanglement

WARNING: A slightly longer chapter than the rest, but quite exciting too ;)


10

Jaemi paced around her corridor for more than ten minutes and she sighed, slowly leaning her back against the wall and slide down, sitting down on the ground.

Just then, Chanyeol came running towards her, panting heavily as he waved and flashed a smile. “Sorry I’m late,” he apologized, panting while Jaemi raised an eyebrow at his outfit.

His hair was gelled up (as usual), he was wearing a blue checked shirt, and blue flowery Bermudas with his school tie on. And last but not least, he wore his own blue cap. 

“Chanyeol, what’s with the blue? And, why are you wearing the cap? Are you trying to be Chansoo again?” she asked and pointed a finger at him, scanning him down head to toe while he shrugged. “It’s a nice weather today, of course I have to wear blue.”

 

He then scanned Jaemi’s attire and he grinned. “You too wore a flowery Bermudas!” he exclaimed happily and scooted closer to her. “Is this what we call, telepathy?” he whispered shyly while she elbowed his stomach and walked away. “Shut up and let’s go,” she said.

 

 

Jaemi looked around the area, frowning and she sulked. “There’s not even a good place to study,” she murmured while Chanyeol grinned. “Let’s grab a bite first,” he suggested and tugged on her wrist, then pulling her with him as they went to an ice cream shop. “Jaemi, sit first, I’ll buy the ice cream,” he said and walked towards the counter.

Chanyeol looked at the long queue in front of him and sighed, then stood in the queue. Then an old lady walked past him, and was begging a stranger. “Sir, do you have 3000 won? I need to take a bus home and I lost my transportation card,” she faked a tear while the man apologized and walked away.

Chanyeol silently scoffed and ignored the woman. “What a swindler,” he muttered under his breath.

The old woman slowly approached him and he ignored him. “Sir, can you lend me 5000 won? I need to take my lunch,” she begged while Chanyeol gawked at her.

“Yah, a while ago you asked for 3000 won for transportation fee, and now you’re asking me for 5000 won?” he hissed and folded his arms, bring them to his chest and turned to the other side. The old woman sighed and walked away, but was pulled back by Chanyeol.

 

“I suggest you not to swindle anymore. You’re already so old, if I report you you’re going to be dead!” He pointed a finger at the old woman while she scoffed and pulled her scarf over her body.

“Don’t be so nosy!” she hissed while Chanyeol gawked at her, then swiftly took out the swindler’s wallet from the back pocket of her pants then looked through her wallet. “It seems like you have more than 5000 won eh? Buy a meal for yourself then!” he snapped and walked towards the counter that now has a lesser queue.

 

The old woman shot him a look at walked away, then Chanyeol stuck out his tongue at her and grinned in triumph.

Chanyeol grinned as the cashier handed him two cones of ice cream and he walked towards Jaemi. Then, he gawked at Jaemi, who was reaching for her wallet and gave 2000 won to the swindler.

He immediately stood in between them and glared at the old woman before turning his body to face Jaemi. “Don’t give it to her! She’s a swindler!” he hissed while Jaemi raised an eyebrow at him. “What makes you think that way?” she asked when the old woman cut her off and Jaemi looked at her pitifully before handing the money to her and the old woman thanked her before walking away.

 

Chanyeol was stopped by Jaemi who raised an eyebrow at him and he stomped his foot. “Jaemi!”

Jaemi walked beside Chanyeol and she sighed. “Why did you think she’s swindler?” she asked again and he groaned. “It’s so obvious. She has a wallet in the back pocket, and I kept seeing her going around the beg for money, plus with my eyes it’s 100% that she’s swindler!”

She sighed and shrugged. "It doesn't matter. It's just 2000 won. If she really is a swindler, she just conned me 2000 won. But if she isn't, I helped a person find her way back home with 2000 won. It's not a bad thing. I rather be conned than be guilty for the rest of my life.” she explained and Chanyeol softened.

“Jaemi, you really are nice,” he whispered, tilting his head to rest on her shoulder while she kicked his leg again and walked off, grinning in triumph.

He pouted and shook his head. “You’re nice to everybody except me,” he jokingly said, pouting even more.

That made Jaemi blinked in surprise. She looked at him thought for a moment. *He’s right. I really didn’t treat him that nice as compared as others.*

Jaemi snapped out of her thoughts and looked at the traffic light that was red and she thought of his sentence again.

Even though Jaemi knew he was kidding, but she couldn’t help but feel a slight pang of guilt in her. No matter how jerk and irritating he is, but he treats her nice, and she didn’t.

She stole a glance at him, seeing him grinning happily with just the presence of her, she felt happy when he’s happy because of the presence of her, but also guilty because no matter how much she scold him or whatever, he still grins happily back at her.

 

And when she slowly thought of the incidents with him, she actually felt happy for once with him. How he screamed and groaned in pain made her laugh, and how he actually knew her birthday and gave her a necklace, made her feel .. like in this school there’s a place for her.

 

If Jaemi could turn a blind eye, she could actually see that Chanyeol was doing more of a good friend, then chasing after her to be his girlfriend. Plus, she would hardly think Chanyeol would act like this when he’s dating.

 

Just then, a man pushed past her, hitting her shoulder as she winced in pain. She turned back, looking for the man but he just vanished into the crowd.

Chanyeol looked back at Jaemi who was in a daze, and he approached her, waving his hand at her face. She snapped out of her daze and looked at him. “Hey.”

Chanyeol blinked. “Jaemi, are you alright?” he asked and she shook her head. “Yeah. I’m fine. Let’s go,” she said as she continued walking, her hand slowly travelling to her phone in her pocket. Then, she realized. It was gone.

 

“Hold on for a sec. I can’t find my phone. It’s not in my pocket,” she said, searching her pockets, starting to panic. “It’s really not in my pocket.”

It struck her. That man.

“That man that just bumped into me! He took it! He stole my phone!”

Chanyeol’s eyes widened in shock as he immediately furrowed his eyebrows. “Where is he?!” he demanded while she pointed at the crowd. “He ran into the crowd. He was.. he was wearing a cap, green checked shirt and Bermudas.”

 

Chanyeol immediately dashed into the crowd, pushing himself into the crowd as he searched for the man. “Chanyeol! Wait!” she shouted and followed him.

Chanyeol ran, scanning the surroundings while Jaemi had a hard time catching up with the president.

Somehow, Chanyeol ended up himself in a back alley. He panted heavily, walking deeper into the alley warily.

Jaemi huffed and puffed as she chased after Chanyeol, placing her hand on his shoulder and the other hand on the wall to support her weight.

“Chanyeol, forget about it, you-“

Chanyeol immediately covered . “Shh, something’s going on,” he said, pointing to his left as they both pressed the backs on the wall. Chanyeol leaned his back at the end of the wall as he poked his head out, looking at the gang that was behind the wall and he gulped.

 

There about a group of people, six to seven men that was crowded around as the man who stole Jaemi’s phone gathered together with them. “Chief, here’s the money we collected today,” he said.

“Jaemi, it seems like it’s a big gang,” he whispered, turning to face her as their noses touched.

They both blinked in surprise.

Jaemi gulped, her cheeks flushing and she immediately snapped out. She pushed him away, stepping away from him. “Are you trying to take advantage of me?!” she hissed lowly while Chanyeol immediately covered again while she slapped his hand away. “Don’t touch me Park Chanyeol!” she hissed once again.

“Don’t make so much noise or they’ll hear us!” Chanyeol hissed while they squabbled.

The men turned to look at the wall and they exchanged looks. “There’s some noise coming behind that wall,” one of the men said while the head placed his finger to his lips.

Chanyeol and Jaemi stopped bickering as they heard footsteps coming and Chanyeol immediately pinned her against the wall, covering . “Don’t make a sound,” he whispered, his hot breath on her neck and she looked up at him, nodding.

They both gulped. The footsteps were even louder and they bit their lips, Jaemi squeezing her eyes shut.

*Are we going to be slaughtered?* Jaemi asked Chanyeol while he shook his head. *Don’t imagine too much. Just play ear by ear.* His body was against hers and there were no space in between their bodies.

Just then, Chanyeol grabbed her arms and placed it on his waist, while he himself grabbed her waist with one hand and the other hand grabbing her hair.

He pressed her against the wall and leaned his forehead on hers.

The gang leader looked at the both of them, and from his view, it looked like Chanyeol was kissing Jaemi.

*Yah, can you move back a bit. You’re pinning me on the wall and your body is pressing against mine. It’s heavy.* She shot him a look.

*We have to act all the way so that the gang leader won’t suspect us.*

The gang leader walked closer to them and Chanyeol immediately grabbed her neck, forcefully kissing her. Her eyes widened in surprise as she struggled out of his grip, making muffled noises.

“Excuse me,” the gang leader said.

Chanyeol ignored him and grabbed her waist, pressing his weight on hers while he released his grip on her waist and pinned her hands to the side against the walls. Jaemi struggled, her wrists held together but she escaped out of his grip.

She pounded Chanyeol’s chest with her fists as she tried breaking free but it was futile. He closed his eyes, deepening in the kiss and he groaned.

Jaemi stopped struggling as she let Chanyeol kiss her, reluctantly. He embraced her, grabbing her neck and her waist, kissing her against the wall.

Jaemi started to melt into the kiss and her mind went fizzy. She slowly wrapped her arms around his waist and closed her eyes, kissing him back.

Oh my.

 

The gang leader shrugged and went back. “Just a couple making out,” he said and continued.

Even though the gang leader was gone, Chanyeol was still holding onto Jaemi tightly as he cupped Jaemi’s face, caressing her cheeks. Kisses slowly travelled to her cheeks, then her jaw line and to her neck, he on her neck and moaned which woke Jaemi up.

She immediately opened her eyes and pushed him away. Staring at him, she breathed in heavily and bit her lip. She touched her lips, then looked at Chanyeol’s puffy lips and she screamed while Chanyeol quickly pinned her against the wall and covered .

This time she pushed him away even harder and wiped her lips. “You! You! Don’t tell me to shut up or anything because I know my voice is already very soft. You jerk what were you trying to do to me!” she hissed, pointing a finger at him and ran a hand through her hair, groaning.

 

“Wait. I think the guys are gone,” Chanyeol said while Jaemi blew a hair out of her face and rolled her eyes. “Don’t try to change the subject-“

“No, I’m serious. Everybody’s gone, except for the man who stole your phone,” Chanyeol said and he smirked, quickly approaching the man.

The man turned as he quickly dodged and punched Chanyeol, while he flew back. He held onto his stomach and threw a punch, which the man dodges again and did a low kick.

Jaemi quickly catches him off guard as she threw a fist in his direction, but quickly kicked his knee which made him fall on the ground.

Chanyeol quickly took out the phone from the man’s pocket and passed it to Jaemi while she stepped on the man’s back and exchanged looks with Chanyeol, grinning in triumph while he smiled back and high fived her.

But Jaemi quickly took a step back from him and frowned.

--

They reluctantly went back to the Chanyeol’s dormitory after the study plan failed and Jaemi was having a cold war with Chanyeol.

 

When they entered the dorm, she was surprised, but she was fuming, so she couldn't care much. The dormitory was bigger than hers together with Eunmi. Chanyeol had a bigger kitchen, with a toilet also bigger than theirs, the space for two study tables were also bigger, and they even had a space to place a sofa for two and a small coffee table, with the television in front of it.

"I'm sorry Jaemi, I didn't expect my hormones to react and-"

"WHAT?!" Jaemi exclaimed.

"NOTHING." Chanyeol quickly waved his hands in the air, surrendering as Jaemi slouched and mentally smacked herself. How could she.. How could she kiss Chanyeol so willingly.

“Come on,” Chanyeol said and went to the study table. “Let’s study,” Chanyeol said. Jaemi walked towards the study table and bit her lip. “Now, here are all of the questions that I don’t know, especially physics, it’s hard,” she whispered, massaging her temples while Chanyeol smirked. “Well physics is my forte.”

As Chanyeol explained the questions to her, her eyes slowly travel up to his face and she softened. Now that she had an up close face of his, she found out that he really is handsome, and when he looks serious, he really looked like a perfect president.

Chanyeol looked up at Jaemi who was looking at his face for the entire time and he caught her staring at his face before she looked away.

He rested his chin on his palm. “Ahh, Jaemi. You finally fell for me, don’t you?” he asked, wiggling his eyebrows while she immediately scowled. “Your playful face loses all of your good points,” she snapped and rolled her eyes. “And I have not settled the score with you. You kissed me for five minutes. FIVE MINUTES you have no idea how pissed I am once I think of that,” she said and fanned herself, her cheeks were red but it wasn’t because she was fuming, instead it was because she was blushing.

 

“Then what about now?” he asked in a serious tone, his face was like a stone and Jaemi laughed. “You look like Kang Gary now,” she whispered.

“Then you’re Song Jihyo,” he replied while she raised an eyebrow. “Why?”

“Because Kang Gary is in love with Jihyo,” he replied dreamily and Jaemi rolled her eyes, pushing his face away. “Concentrate,” she hissed.

 

Chanyeol giggled but it soon faded as he gulped and bit his lip. “Jaemi ah,” he said.

“Hmm?”

 

“You have .. something here,” he said, pointing to the red mark on her neck and she looked in the mirror. “Park Chanyeol! A hickey?! On my neck?! How am I supposed to face the world tomorrow?!” she screamed and rubbed it off, but it was getting more obvious. Chanyeol bit back a smile as he his lips seductively. “Ah, come to think about it Jaemi. I didn’t know how match our mouths were, no wonder we always argue all the time.” He laughed.

Jaemi glared at him and pointed a finger at him. “Do that one more time and I’ll wring your neck off,” she threatened.

---

 

 

As night fell, they slowly dozed off. They both rested their heads on table, their cheeks on the table, side by side and they snored softly. Jaemi’s face faced Chanyeol while he too faced her and they slept peacefully.

Backhyun twisted the key into the door and opened the door as he gawked at the both of them asleep on the table and he bit his lip. “Jaemi, wake up,” he quickly said, as he shook her shoulders lightly and she groggily sat up, followed by Chanyeol who was twitching his nose and he sat up straight.

Both of them rubbing their eyes lazily and they looked at the window. “It’s night already!” Jaemi exclaimed, and Chanyeol slowly felt his stomach rumbling. “I’m hungry.”

“I’ll get going first now,” she said and waved at Chanyeol then as she turned back she saw Baekhyun staring at her and she jumped. “Woah, you’re so quiet, I didn’t know you’re there. Baekhyun, I’ll get going anyway,” she said and walked out of the dormitory.

Baekhyun immediately started shaking the president’s shoulders as the president was violently being shaken from front to back. “What did you do with Jaemi!” Baekhyun asked, raising his tone while Chanyeol was shaking so hard that he could hardly talk. “N-n-n-n-n-n-“

Baekhyun let go of his grip on Chanyeol and the president immediately glared. “Nothing! Nothing at all! I was just explaining to her about physics and we both fell asleep until you came in and started shaking my shoulders violently!” he snapped and massaged his neck.

 

Baekhyun bit his lip and lowered his head. “Sorry,” he murmured and Chanyeol waved it away. “I’m hungry, let’s eat.”

-----