Blackout

Love Entanglement

18

Finally the school was dismissed, and the students went back to their dorms, while Chanyeol was back at the dorm, slurping on his soft drink and looked at the poster consisting of all the football players from Manchester United as they stood in a V formation, all of them holding onto the soccer ball with one hand as they stood proudly, smiling.

Chanyeol frowned and peered even closer. His eyebrow twitched and he raised an eyebrow at Wayne Rooney. “Woah, muscles,” he murmured and peered even closer at the leg and arm muscles of Wayne’s.

Then, he looked at his right arm and touched it. “I have muscles too,” he whispered and grinned. “Definitely Jaemi will choose me over him,” he said, sticking his tongue out at the football star and accidentally spat the drink on his face.

He gasped and quickly covered his mouth as his eyes widened and he looked at Wayne Rooney’s face.

It was pink now.

“Uh oh..” his voice trailed off and he gulped. He swallowed and looked away, shaking his head in disappointment. “Ouch, I think I can feel Jaemi’s pinch on me now,” he said, getting prepared to be scolded by Jaemi and he said. “Sorry Wayne, you look like pink panther.”

 

--

 

“How could you Park Chanyeol!” she screamed and threw the poster at him. “Look at Wayne! He’s .. He’s .. He’s pink!” she screamed in his face and groaned. “My poor Wayne..”

Chanyeol bit his lip and rubbed his arm. “Sorry Jaemi. I didn’t mean to..”

She stormed over to his side and pinched him. “Why! It’s only two weeks! Two weeks and less than twenty four hours you already destroyed the reputation of Wayne!” she cried, holding tightly on the poster. “I didn’t even get a chance to hold it, or smell it,” she sighed then glared at Chanyeol who gulped, darting his eyes around and he slowly stepped back.

She punched him and accidentally scratched the poster as Chanyeol fell on her bed, groaning in pain and her eyes rounded at the scratch on Wayne’s face. “Now a scar!” she groaned and sighed.

Chanyeol quickly got up from the bed and hopped towards her and he grinned, pointing a finger at the disfigured football star. “Heh, I guess we’re even then.” He grinned.

Just then, the lights in Jaemi’s dormitory flickered, and the lights went out.

Jaemi jumped and she looked around, while Chanyeol immediately stretched his arms out and hugged her from behind. “Don’t worry Jaemi! I’m here! Don’t be scared!” he exclaimed while she shriek and immediately escape from his grip, standing a distance away from him. “What the hell are you doing, Chanyeol?” she asked, her cheeks burning red and she quickly cooled herself down.

Fortunately the lights were out and it was totally darkness or else Chanyeol would if he saw those two red cheeks of hers.

She calmed herself down and whacked his head. “Are you crazy, I’m not even scared of the dark,” she replied and Chanyeol blinked, his eyebrows furrowed together. “Aren’t girls supposed to be scared of the dark?” he murmured and Jaemi cracked a smile. “So you’re saying I’m not a girl, am I right?”

“Of course not!”

Jaemi rolled her eyes then blindly d around for her phone and she turned the flash on, looking around for the fuse box in her dorm.

Chanyeol pouted and followed her, looking for the fuse box while he sighed softly to himself. “I’m supposed to be the one who’s leading the way,” he mumbled and Jaemi stopped in her tracks.

Turning around, she raised an eyebrow at him and shrugged. “Then do it. Be in the lead.”

Chanyeol grinned and nodded, but once he walked he tripped and immediately grabbed onto Jaemi’s hand as they both fell on the floor, groaning in pain.

 

Jaemi dropped the phone and the light was out, and now the whole room was pitch black.

Chanyeol couldn’t see Jaemi, and she couldn’t see him either, but they could feel each other’s body and they both gulped.

He could see where Jaemi’s face, and if he’s not wrong, her face is just right beside his, so she was lying beside him.

Jaemi could feel Chanyeol’s breath on her face and she immediately gulped, quickly scrambled up but was held back by Chanyeol who was holding tightly on her wrist, and he slowly wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer. “Finally,” he whispered while Jaemi froze, blinking.

She could feel his breath on her ear, and she slightly turned her head to face him, gulping. He could sense her eyes on his and he smiled, then slowly let his hand travelled to her neck, slowly pulling her closer to him as his other hand held tightly on her waist.

He caressed her cheek smoothly and smirked.

She held her breath, her cheeks and ears reddening.

She could feel his breath on his lips closer and hotter. She bit her lip and gulped. “Ch-Chan-Chany-yeol,” she stuttered.

“Shh,” he whispered.

Jaemi's eyes could be seen with a sligh reflection of light into her eyes and he smiled, curling a strand of hair behind her ear.

He softly smiled, slowly leaning towards her and pressed his lips on her forehead.

He couldn’t control his affection and feelings towards her no matter how many times he told Jaemi never to love him.

He broke the kiss and looked at her again, while Jaemi looked at him in silence, enjoying the moment.

He slowly closed his eyes and he pressed his lips against hers.

Jaemi’s eyes widened in surprise and she felt electric sparks running through her mind. It went even faster that she completely didn’t know what she was doing, where she was and who is she.

What is she doing?

Jaemi froze at her spot. She knew that was Chanyeol, but she couldn’t see his face, she didn’t know how Chanyeol was reacting. And she felt relieved that Chanyeol couldn’t see how red her face is.

But she wasn’t even thinking about those, because her mind wasn’t working at all.

Her heart was pounding so fast that she could feel it coming out.

Chanyeol chuckled and he slowly pulled her closer to his body, deepening in the kiss.

Gosh, finally.

She could feel butterflies flying and kicking her stomach and she really felt dizzy.

Jaemi slowly closed her eyes and she let her body pulled close to Chanyeol’s. One hand was on her waist, and the other on her nape of her neck.

He groaned and deepened in the kiss, nibbling on her bottom lip and sighed in content.

Just then, the lights were again and they opened their eyes.

Scan-da-lous.

Jaemi’s eyes widened in surprise and she blinked in surprise. Chanyeol looked at her and pulled away from the kiss, smiling. Jaemi gulped and immediately scrambled up to her feet while she looked at Chanyeol who got up at the same timing as her.

She stared at him in shock and her jaw dropped open. She took quite some time to let things process in her mind before pointing a finger at him and touched her lips. “You!” she shouted while Chanyeol blinked innocently. “Yeah?”

“You! You! You jerk!” she screamed and kicked his leg.

She immediately ran after him and instinctively, Chanyeol ran away screaming. Jaemi’s face slowly turned red, especially her cheeks as she quickly grabbed the pillow and threw it at him.

“Get out!” she screamed and Chanyeol immediately ran out of the dorm, and the pillow flew across the room, hitting the door and dropped onto the floor.

Jaemi panted heavily as she groaned and cupped her cheeks, shaking her head profusely. “Now this is really going wrong,” she sighed. “Jerkyeol, gosh,” she groaned and squeezed her eyes shut, but that image appeared in her mind as she screamed.

The image of her and Chanyeol together kissing in the dark just made her blush madly that she felt like she’s going to explode.

Part of her was angry and fuming mad, but the other part of her was embarrassed and also a slight tinge of happiness in her.

Her lips unconsciously curve up at the thought of it, and she bit her finger, but she quickly smacked herself and kept her cool.

 

 

Chanyeol ran out of the dormitory towards the garden, panting heavily as he slowed his pace, looking back in case Jaemi runs after him with two pillows in both hands.

He sighed and sat on the bench, blinking in surprise then chuckled and burst into laughter. “I didn’t know it would turn out like this,” he murmured and ran a hand through his hair, then his hand slowly travelled to his chest.

Feeling his heart racing and he dropped his head backwards, slowly blushing red at that scene that appeared in his mind again. He softly smiled at how he was reacting and looked up at the sky.

Never had he expected that from a fling, he slowly fell in love with her.

 

---

 

Jaemi strolled along the streets alone. She was finding a birthday present for Eunmi and after walking for two hours, she just can’t find a suitable one for her.

She sighed and groaned.

Just then, Chanyeol was walking in the opposite direction, on a lollipop and he stopped in his tracks. He looked at Jaemi, and Jaemi looked back at him, glaring.

Chanyeol grinned and approached her, while she quickly took a step back and stretched a hand out to stop him. “One meter away, please,” she hissed.

Chanyeol blinked at her innocently and he thought for a moment.

He broke into a silly grin and took out the lollipop in his mouth. “Come on, we always do that, you don’t need to feel so scared.”

“What do you mean by that?” She gawked.

Chanyeol looked at Jaemi and he immediately held his breath.

Jaemi raised an eyebrow at him. “What’s wrong with you? Having a seizur-“

Chanyel pushed her against a wall and held her waist. “That guy who stole your phone is back with his leader,” he hissed and Jaemi scowled. “Yeah right, stop it will you,” she hissed back and kicked his leg. He winced in pain but didn’t let go of her, because once he let go, they both will be dead.

She frowned. She placed both her hands on his shoulder and slowly moved to her left, peeking over Chanyeol’s shoulder and she gulped.

“It’s really that guy.. What do we do now?” she whispered and Chanyeol placed his finger to her lips. “We do the exact same thing we did the other day.”

“Yea right I won’t give you a chance to take advantage of me again,” she hissed and pinched his shoulder. “Stop it!” he hissed back and frowned at her.

The man who stole Jaemi’s phone was with two other men, and in front of them sauntering was obviously their leader. “Yah, how can you lose to that couple, they are just high school kids!” He shouted at them.

Both Chanyeol and Jaemi flinched and they gulped, holding in their breath.

The man lowered his head and continued following him, passing Jaemi and Chanyeol. Chanyeol’s grip on Jaemi tightened and so did Jaemi’s grip on his shoulders tightened, both of them tensing up.

The man stopped in his tracks and turned to face Chanyeol and Jaemi. They both held their breaths and Jaemi squeezed her eyes shut. Chanyeol looked down at her and moved his body closer to her while Jaemi placed her head on his shoulder, lowering her head, biting her lip.

The man shrugged and turned back to follow his leader again. Chanyeol and Jaemi heaved a sigh of relief.

“Yah, you. Buy me a pack of cigarettes,” the leader said to the man and he immediately nodded and he walked past Chanyeol and Jaemi.

At that point of time, he stopped in his tracks and turned to face them again. “It’s you! I recognize the both of you! Chief! They are the one who attacked me!” the man shouted, pointing a finger at both of them.

Chanyeol and Jaemi turned to face them and they gulped.

“I.. Well..” Jaemi stuttered and the leader looked at them, smirking. “So you were the two for beat my man up, huh?”

Chanyeol immediately grabbed her hand and ran away from them.

She stumbled but quickly ran, holding onto Chanyeol’s hand tightly and ran with him.

“Don’t run! Stop there!” the men ran after them and Jaemi mentally screamed. “Are we dead if they catch us?” she asked. Chanyeol looked at her and smiled. “Let’s wait until they catch us.” He smirked.

 

They ran two blocks, and when Jaemi turned to look back, she didn’t see them anymore. “Ch-Chanyeol they’re gone.”

Chanyeol stopped at an alley and panted. They both leaned against a wall and caught their breaths. “Can-can’t believe, you’re a fa-fast, ru-runner,” Jaemi said in between breaths while Chanyeol slowly smiled. “You too.”

Jaemi’s eyes travelled to her hand, which was holding onto his hand tightly and she quickly let go, but Chanyeol was still holding onto hers tightly. She raised their hands and nudged him. “You can let go of my hand now,” she said.

Chanyeol quickly let go of her hand and giggled. “Hehe. Sorry.”

-----