Love Square

Love Entanglement

23

Chanyeol woke up, his back aching and he groaned. Chanyeol took off his jacket and rubbed his eyes groggily.

The sun was already up.

“Yah, wake up.” He shook Jaemi up.

She slowly stirred, rubbing her eyes groggily and looked around. “Oh look, it’s morning.”

“Get up, we need to bring those files to the school.” He stood up, searching his pocket for coins while Jaemi groaned. “Can we just rest for a little while..” she murmured.

Chanyeol cracked a smile. “Didn’t know the strong-willed, determined Jaemi would be here on a bench, begging for some sleep, seriously?” he scoffed.

“Seriously, Chanyeol. If I were you, I would shut up, and catch up on my sleep,” Jaemi replied, her voice muffled with her hands covering her face.

Chanyeol nudged her. “Come on, we need to get out job done. Do you have some change? We need to take the bus,” he said, fumbling through his pocket and Jaemi groaned, getting up on her feet.

 

 

Saera bit her lip, looking at her phone every second. “Did Chanyeol get into an accident? Please don’t,” she prayed, constantly worrying for him.

They took a bus with some small change left in their pocket and Jaemi couldn’t help but fall asleep again, lying on Chanyeol’s shoulder again, snoring.

Chanyeol chuckled and took off his jacket slowly, trying not to move his shoulder and covered Jaemi with it.

“Look at you, a girl and yet snoring so loudly.” He grinned.  “Fortunately it’s a weekend, or else we will get a demerit.”

 

On the other hand, Saera was worrying as hell. She limped all the way to Chanyeol’s dormitory. She knocked on the door.

Baekhyun opened the door, yawning as he rubbed his eyes. “It’s a Saturday morning what are you doing here- AH!” he screamed and quickly covered his bare chest, finding a shirt to wear.

“Excuse me is Chanyeol in?” Saera asked. Baekhyun shook his head. She bit her lip and frowned. “He didn’t come back since yesterday-“

“Nah that guy is always missing, it’s fine.”

“Jaemi too,” she finished.

Baekhyun’s eyes bulged out and he gasped. “Jaemi too?!” he repeated and immediately invited Saera in. “Tell me more about it.”

Saera limped towards the sofa and sat up straight, her shoulders were stiff and she couldn’t be more than worried. “Chanyeol and Jaemi went on an errand to get my particulars from my parents’ office. And since then, they have not come back,” she explained.

Within seconds, she gasped. “Oh no!”

“What?”

“Did they get lost?” she asked.

Baekhyun ran a hand through his hair. “Why can’t you get your particulars from your parents yourself, all those hassle, just for you,” he grumbled. “If anything happens to Jaemi, I’ll come after you, and that’s for sure.”

Saera bit her lip, her grip on the hem of her skirt tightened. “I’m sorry..”

 

Just then, Chanyeol knocked on the door.

Baekhyun quickly opened the door.

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun and yawned. “What took you so long?” he grumbled, walking in and Saera immediately limped towards him. “Chanyeol! You’re fine!” Her smile immediately widened and her cheeks started to blush.

“Of course I’m fine, what do you expect from me? Ohhh, you cursed me! How ruthless!” He pointed a finger at her and walked towards his bed.

“Where’s Jaemi? Did she come back to you?” Baekhyun asked. Chanyeol nodded his head, turning his body to one side, facing the wall. *I rather face the wall than face Saera.* “She’s in her dorm.”

Baekhyun ran out, leaving Saera alone with Chanyeol.

Saera slowly kneeled down. “Chanyeol, are you fine?” she asked softly. Chanyeol frowned and covered his ears. “How many times must I tell you that I’m fine? Stop nagging and go away! I need my sleep!” he shouted and covered his face with his blanket.

Saera bit her lip and sighed. “Alright, I’ll see you tomorrow then.”

*I hope never to see you again.* “Yeah, bye, I won’t see you out.”

 

On the other hand, Jaemi was sleeping soundly, while Eunmi was preparing to leave the dorm when Baekhyun knocked on their door.

“Good morning Baekhyun!” Eunmi chirped.

“Good morning, where’s Jaemi?” he asked. Eunmi pointed to the bed. “Hey, I’m going out now, I’ll give you the keys. Lock the door once you’re done.”

Baekhyun nodded, receiving the keys and he quickly went to Jaemi’s side. She was resting on her bed, she didn’t even cover herself with her blanket and Eunmi had to tuck her in before she left.

Baekhyun looked at her sleeping figure and softened.

He smiled dreamily, placing his head beside hers and he sighed in content. It’s been a long time since he was this close to Jaemi, and he felt so blissful, so contented by just looking at her, inches away her face.

 

On the other hand, Chanyeol was dealing with a problematic innocent child that was two years his junior, Saera.

She didn’t want to leave. She wanted to confess. But then, she thought for a second. *Isn’t a bit too rush? After all, I met him just a day ago..* she thought and waved that idea away. *Appa and omma knew each other for seven days and they already got married, nah, it isn’t too much.*

Chanyeol opened one eye and looked around. Then, he saw Saera at the door and he groaned. “Will you send yourself out? Are you really that dumb that you can’t even open the door?” he asked harshly and got off his bed, stomped towards her and opened the door. “There, the door’s open, may you leave because I need to catch up on my sleep.”

Saera looked at him and blinked. “Oh.. okay,” she whispered, slowly stepping out of the dorm. Before she could even turn to face him for the last time, Chanyeol shut the door right in her face and she sighed. “I need to confess. I can’t just let those feelings bury in me, I have to let it out.”

Chanyeol shot the door a look and shook his head. “Crazy.” He flung his hand up and went back to sleep.

 

Baekhyun could stare at Jaemi’s face for hours and never get tired of it.

Surprisingly, though Baekhyun didn’t foster a relationship with Jaemi like how Chanyeol did, going out almost everyday and coming back late at night, but he could already feel his affection towards Jaemi. Maybe that’s her charm. A strong willed young student, that was the personality made Baekhyun fall for her, and Chanyeol too.

Oh boy, there will definitely be some competition going on in the future.

-----


[Attention: If you're wondering where is Xiumin, he will be back in the next chapter! In the meantime, enjoy Saera's appearance ;) ]