Swindler

Love Entanglement

11

Jaemi and Chanyeol walked around their neighbourhood for their second study date.

And this time, surprisingly it was Jaemi who suggested it.

Definitely Chanyeol would cancel all of his appointments for this rare study date with Jaemi.

 

Jaemi did this mainly because she just felt guilty, and she also had to understand him even better before calling him JerkYeol again. And, she promised not to be mad at him.

Chanyeol sauntered over to Jaemi and whispered in her ear, “Jaemi.”

She jumped and covered her ear, then raised her hand up to hit him but quickly reminded herself not to be mad.

She retracted her hand and smiled politely before waving at him, but her smile soon disappeared and her jaw dropped when her eyes were fixed on his attire.

She really had to admit Chanyeol really catches off her guard, surprising her every time without fail.

She was just wearing causual clothes, with a blue denim shirt and brown Bermudas while Chanyeol was wearing his school’s blazer and tie with black pants. His hair were gelled to one side and in his blazer’s pocket was a rose.

 

“Chanyeol, it’s not yet prom, why are you dressed like this,” she asked, gawking at him and covering her face with one hand. “You’re an embarrassment.” She sighed.

“I thought we would be going to have some French cuisine because you were the one who suggested this date,” he murmured, pouting and Jaemi immediately mentally smacked herself and immediately kicked his leg again.

Chanyeol let out a groan and winced, holding onto his bruised leg and rubbed. “Jaemi when will you ever stop kicking my leg,” he hissed and pouted.

 

She took in a deep breath and forced out a smile, and she slowly chuckled and shook her head in amusement. “Let’s just go,” she said and grabbed his wrist, dragging him.

Within ten minutes, Chanyeol was already panting from walking as he loosened his tie and sighed deeply. He was perspiring under the blazing sun.

“That’s why I said you’re crazy,” she said and shook her head. Then as strangers walked by, they would always glance at her, then at Chanyeol and Jaemi definitely understand what was going on on their minds.

The contrast of clothes.

She sighed and looked at her watch. “Let’s buy some clothes,” she said, while he nodded, sticking his tongue out when his throat felt dry.

 

They went to a departmental store, and Jaemi randomly picked some casual clothes on for Chanyeol and was immediately pushed into the changing room by Jaemi.

She stood guard outside of the dressing room, looking from left to right as Chanyeol changed. “Jaemi,” he whispered and she frowned. “Yeah?”

“It’s too big,” he whispered while she raised an eyebrow. “The pants?”

“Yup.”

She sighed and nodded her head. “Give me a minute, I’ll find a smaller size for you,” she said and walked away, then quickly returned and slide the pants down through the gap and he thanked her.

When he came out his hair was all messed up and he pouted. She frowned and quickly ruffled his hair while he whimpered.

She combed his hair down and smiled. “See? You look better,” she said and Chanyeol faced the mirror and he almost had a shock of his life.

“I look like a nerd with the fringe!” he screamed and Jaemi immediately smacked his mouth with her hand. “Can you not?”

He pouted let out a deep sigh. “Alright. Then what about my clothes?” he asked. “Place it inside the bag, you can just wear this out,” she pointed at the attire.

Chanyeol sighed. He didn’t like the baggy pants, he didn’t like the white sleeved shirt. *How plain get it be.* He pouted and followed Jaemi out of the store.

“Blame yourself for not bringing money,” she said and silently chuckled. “Let’s have lunch now,” she said, with Chanyeol lagging behind.

 

As girls walked by Chanyeol, they silently giggled and quickly looked away, having Chanyeol to think that his outfit .

But when he brushed a girl past, the girl pinked and he chuckled. Then, he knew that no matter what he wear, he’s always so charming as ever.

*Yeah right.* Jaemi thought as she saw another girl brush against Chanyeol and he winked at her, silently chuckling. Jaemi frowned and rolled her eyes, distancing herself away.

He looked at Jaemi who raised an eyebrow at him. “Jaemi, don’t tell me you’re jealous,” he teased while Jaemi shook his grip off her. “Hey. I don’t mind you flirting with other girls because I’m not your girl. But we’re in public. It’s alright if you don’t respect me but at least respect yourself,” she hissed and kicked his leg once more before walking away.

 

Just then, she saw the same old woman that she gave 2000 won the other day, pulling and tugging on a man’s shirt as the man harshly pulled away from her and pushed her, having her to trip and fall on the floor, while the man ran away with her bag. “Get back here!” she shouted and massaged her sprained ankle.

Jaemi frowned and immediately ran over to the old woman’s side. “Are you okay?” she asked worriedly.

Chanyeol was so busy flirting openly in public, giving out his phone number that when he looked up he didn’t see Jaemi. Only when he crossed the street, then he saw Jaemi with an old lady.

“Jaemi, why are you-YOU SWINDLER! GET BACK JAEMI!” he hissed and immediately pulled Jaemi to his back, protecting her from the old woman while Jaemi frowned and pushed him aside.

“Let me help you up,” she said politely to the old woman and Chanyeol gawked at her. “Jaemi! She’s a swindler!”

 

“In the eyes of mine she’s just an innocent woman who got her bag stolen from a thief,” she corrected and ignored him. Chanyeol scoffed and shook his head. “I bet she was the one who stole the bag from the man,” he corrected and Jaemi glared at him. “She’s injured now.”

The old woman stuck out her tongue at Chanyeol and made a face, then quickly winced as the pain from the ankle reacted again. “Ouch,” she winced.

“Why don’t I send you home?” she suggested and Chanyeol gawked at her again. The old woman looked at Chanyeol and scowled. “Relax young lad. I’m injured now. You think I can swindle your girlfriend? Plus she’s so sweet, the first person I would want to swindle is you and not her,” she snapped.

Jaemi nudged him while he raised an eyebrow. “Carry her,” she ordered. “WHAT?!”

“Carry her, Chanyeol, You’re the only one who has strength,” she said and he looked at the old woman while she pointed up at the building. “You’re lucky I live here,” she said and he groaned then nodded his head restlessly.

He placed the old woman on her back, then held onto her legs as she wrapped her arms around his neck and he got up. They walked into the building and Chanyeol’s eyes widened in shock at the lift.

Lift under Maintenance. Sorry for inconvenience caused.

The old woman sheepishly scratched her head. “Sorry, it’s always like this. But don’t worry, I live on the sixteen floor,” she said and Chanyeol gulped. “Don’t worry because you live on the sixteen floor? Yeah..” he murmured, the colour of his face draining out and his bottom lip trembled and he walked up the stairs with Jaemi behind them.

 

On the eleventh floor, his legs were already trembling and the old woman was fidgeting non stop. “Will you pl-plea-please st-stop mov-moving,” he said in between pants as he continued climbing up the stairs.

Jaemi chuckled and followed him up. Now that’s one good thing about him.

Once they reached her house, Chanyeol immediately collapsed on the ground, with the old woman on top of him groaning in pain. He panted heavily, half dead on the ground as he muttered incoherently under his breath.

Jaemi helped the old lady up to the sofa and she looked at her bruised leg. “I should have just brought you to the bonesetter,” Jaemi whispered and Chanyeol’s ears perked up and he gulped. Jaemi chuckled. “Relax, I won’t let you run up and down.”

"It’s looks quite bad, do you have any medication oil?” she asked and the old woman pointed to the kitchen. When Jaemi was away, ransacking the kitchen, Chanyeol raised his thumb up at the old woman. “Great, you won, swindler,” he said, panting heavily while the old woman chuckled. “Sorry young lad. I didn’t want you dead. Plus you carried me here, I think we’re even.”

“Of course we’re even!” he snapped and groaned. She chuckled once more.

He looked at her.“Swindler, what’s your name?” he asked. “It’s Yook Dasul,” she said. “What about you, young lad?”

“It’s Park Chanyeol, the girl’s Park Jaemi. We’re not siblings for your information,” he said and she nodded her head.

“Stretch your leg out, I’ll rub your ankle,” she said. The old woman winced as she tried straightening her leg for Jaemi.

"Who’s that man who stole your bag?” she asked and she winced before replying. “A thief,” she scowled. “I live alone. No kids to take care of me since I’m not married. I’m getting old, I can do nothing except to con people’s money,” she said sadly and Chanyeol scoffed, and Jaemi immediately shot him a look.

“Jaemi! You’re treating a stranger better than treating me!” he whined.

 

The old woman chuckled and stuck out a tongue at him, while he did the same thing and made a face at her.

“Don’t the government give money to your every month?” she asked and she shook her head. “I want to be independent. As long as I have a roof above my head, it’s alright,” she said and Chanyeol scoffed once more.

 

 

Jaemi placed the old woman’s foot down and washed her hands. “Done. Remember, don’t soak your feet in water because it’ll be swollen,” she reminded and quirked her lips. “I don’t really find it safe for you to stay alone here,” she murmured.

“Relax, Jaemi. She has hands and legs, plus she’s smart in swindling people, she’ll be fine,” Chanyeol said and yawned.

“I’ll visit you again if I have the time, alright?” she said and the old woman flashed a genuine smile. “Thank you Jaemi. Yah, Chanyeol-ah, take good care of your girlfriend,” she said, and this is the time when Chanyeol grinned. “Dasul, you really know how to talk, I like that.”

Jaemi elbowed his stomach as he groaned in pain. “He’s not my boyfriend. Anyway I need to go, I’ll see you soon bye.”

 

When they walked out of the building, Chanyeol rubbed his stomach and winced. “Jaemi, why must you treat Dasul that nice?” he asked casually and she shrugged.

“Maybe because when I was young my grandparents died, I didn’t have grandparents to dote on me, and I didn’t dote on my grandparents either. That’s why I want to have the feeling on taking care of an elderly, and an elderly taking care of me,” she said, smiling while Chanyeol sighed contently.

“I think I’m liking you even more, Jaemi,” he said dreamily while she cracked a smile and pushed his head away. “In order to thank you for carrying Dasul up, I’ll treat you to dinner,” she said and Chanyeol nodded. “But do one more thing for me.”

“What?”

“Let me hold your hand for just today,” he pleaded with his big round eyes and Jaemi sighed. “Fine.”

Chanyeol blinked in surprise and he shook his head, snapping out of his thoughts. “Did I hear wrongly?”

"No, you did not. Your personality is not bad, Chanyeol. Just a lil' flirty. So do you want to hold my hand, or not?” she asked. Chanyeol nodded his head eagerly and carefully grabbed her hand, then led her as they swung their hands, grinning.

 

"Jaemi."

"Yeah?"

"Can I peck you on the lips?"

"You're already holding my hand, don't push it."

"OUCH! JAEMI STOP HITTING ME!"

"HAHA. Loser."

-----