The Coin that made Baek Smile

Love Entanglement

8

Baekhyun sighed and went to the garden.

He sat at in the middle of the flower bed, sighing as plucked a flower out of the flower bed and slowly plucked the petals.

Jaemi walked passed the garden and a petal slowly landed on her shoulder.

She picked the pink petal and raised it up then released it in the sky, letting it get carried by the wind and she smiled.

 

As she stopped in her tracks, another petal landed on her hand. A yellow petal now, and she smiled and looked at the garden, seeing Baekhyun on the flower bed, plucking the petals out.

She smiled and approached him. “You shouldn’t take it out on the poor flowers,” she said and Baekhyun dropped the flower, looking up at Jaemi in surprise.

She chuckled and knelt beside him. “Get up. Your pants are stained now,” she said, reaching her hand out. He smiled and gladly took it. Dusting his pants, he walked towards the nearest bench and sighed.

 

“What’s wrong?” she asked. “Teacher Kim scolded me again,” he said sadly while she nodded. “It’s normal to get scolded by teachers, just don’t make the same mistake again,” she said and he nodded. “I tried. I tried understanding what she meant but it seems like I keep spacing out. I don’t understand a thing she said,” he said.

“If she scolded me for a lesson that I just learnt a week ago, I understand. But this time the mistake is just so stupid that I myself can’t forgive myself for making that mistake. Did you know what mistake I make? The mistake was the basics I learnt in Year 1, yet I just let that mistake repeat itself,” he said while Jaemi blinked.

“Sorry, I didn’t understand,” she whispered, scratching her head and he smiled. “It’s alright. I don’t even understand myself, not to mention you..”

“But still, you can’t take it out on the flowers,” she said, pointing at the dead flowers that has no petals and he blinked. “I didn’t know I made a mess out of it.”

 

Jaemi snapped her fingers. “Hey, do you have a coin? Any size will do,” she asked and Baekhyun fumbled in his pocket, then took out a coin. “What for?”

She placed the coin in her left hand, balancing the coin with her thmub and her two fingers.

She slowly grabbed the coin with the other hand and blew into her right hand, before going behind Baekhyun's ear and opened her empty right hand.

Before Baekhyun could even react, she moved her left hand behind his ear and revealed the coin in her hand, with a small smiley face on the face of the coin.

“Just a small trick.” She shrugged. Baekhyun picked the coin up and smiled. “How did you think of this type of trick?”

She shrugged. “I think my mother taught me. I initially had a coin with me, it was my lucky coin, and my special coin that I always had it with me, but I guess I gave it away,” she said sadly.

“Who did you give it to?” he asked while she pressed her lips into a firm line and shook her head. “I can’t remember.”

“Well, I guess the person must be important since you gave your most important coin to that person,” he said. She nodded her head. “I guess so. Up till now I can’t remember who I gave it to, I guess I must be crazy to give my lucky coin to that person,” she murmured and giggled.

 

“Hey,” she said, poking his arm. “Feeling better?” she asked. He looked at the coin and nodded. “Thanks.”

“Welcome.” She grinned and swung her legs. Baekhyun looked at her and smiled. “Chanyeol isn’t that bad,” he said all of a sudden while she blinked in surprise. “You don’t need to help him say anything, Baekhyun. He’s such a jerk. He even saw me-“ She quickly stopped herself, the anger in her subsiding.

 

Whoops, she almost leaked it out.

 

“Anyway, he’s such a flirt. To be honest, how many girls has he dated?” she asked, curious while he tapped his fingers and counted. “To be honest, I can’t remember. But he dated at least two girls from every class in the school.”

“What?!” she shrieked.

“But, within a day he will just break up with her,” he said and Jaemi blinked. “That’s fast.”

“Sure indeed. The longest relationship was with Haneul, a girl two years his senior. They dated for, a week.” He smiled and she blinked even more. “You mean, Jerk, I mean Chanyeol dated girls in different shapes and sizes?”

“You can say that.”

“He really is a flirt,” she whispered softly and scoffed. But then, her heart felt the opposite. And actually, if she counted the days, it’s been more than a month he met her. “Nah, that’s not called dating, that’s called harassing,” she said, laughing, while Baekhyun blinked in surprise. “Harassing?”

She shook her head and waved her hand. “Nothing.”

 

 

 

Baekhyun skipped into the dormitory as kicked his shoes off and jumped on the bed. Chanyeol looked at him, squinting his eyes at him and he broke into a grin. “In love? My best friend finally has been tied down,” he said, clapping his hands while Baekhyun shot him a look.

“She’s not even mine yet,” he murmured, smiling dreamily at himself.

Chanyeol smiled along with him and he jumped onto the bed, landing beside Baekhyun. “So who’s the girl that is blind and has such bad taste that has fallen for my Baekhyun?” he asked, leaning towards Baekhyun while he frowned and immediately pushed his face away.

“We’re, progressing. She doesn’t know that I like her and so you can’t exactly say we’re dating,” he murmured and pouted. “But as long as I spend more time with her, I can definitely make her fall in love with me,” he added, smiling.

Chanyeol grinned and poked his cheek. “Look at yourself, you’re officially smitten with her, so tell me, who is she?” he nudged. Baekhyun grinned as he took out the coin and he kissed it. Chanyeol’s eyes rounded in surprise when he saw the smiley face drawn on the coin.

He immediately snatched it and looked at it. “Why did you take my coin?” he hissed while Baekhyun rolled his eyes and snatched it back. “It’s mine. That girl I like gave this to me. It has a smiley face on it, don’t dirty it,” he said, and dreamily dusted it before handing it back to Chanyeol.

As he took a closer look, he realized it wasn’t his coin. The ink on the coin were fresh and new, while his coin was older, and although the marks were still there, some ink has been scratched off.

 

“Who’s that girl who gave it to you?” he asked in a serious tone, raising the coin to his eye level while Baekhyun shook his head. “It’s a secret shared between her and me. I’ll tell you when we’re dating,” he said and ran into the toilet, leaving Chanyeol behind as he sat on the bed, thinking who that girl is.

He slowly took the coin out of his pocket and stared at it. “If I find out the girl that Baekhyun likes, I will find that girl,” he murmured. “She’s here. The coin girl, she’s here.”

Baekhyun sat on the toilet seat as he grinned dreamily. He knew, he was a better pair with Jaemi, than her having to be with Chanyeol, because he knows that Chanyeol treats it as a fling, while Baekhyun treats every relationship with concern and care.

 

They are definitely different, and he believes Jaemi will slowly understand who’s the right one for her.

-----


Hey guys! Hope you enjoy reading it so far!

If you do, please feel free to leave some comments at the bottom and click the upvote button to show me your support for this story! Thank you to all readers out there I read your comments and I swear to god it's because of you that made my life in AFF so anticipating!

Thank you! xoxo

P.S Sorry for late updates. Had some matters to do before going online