Stalker

Love Entanglement

34.

Jaemi and Chanyeol were assigned to help the school, which is to investigate the surroundings.

They were definitely glad, hoping to spend some time alone for themselves. But assignments aren't always that easy.

They walked around the different neighbourhood areas around the schools.

 

At times they were chased out with a broomstick by grumpy ahjusshis, sometimes invited warmly by adults, and once even stepped into a triad turf, which belongs to a triad boss known as Shark Boss.

They were wearing their winter coats which slowed them down due to the thickness. They ran and ran and ran. Running for their lives while trying to complete the assignment given by the school.

They could finally catch their breaths at the traffic light junction. They stopped and looked at the survey forms that was half filled. “I didn’t know doing a survey would be like a survival challenge,” Jaemi panted.

 

Jaemi waited patiently for the green man to light up. While Chanyeol on the other hand was getting impatient.

He was trying to locate Jaemi’s hand without looking down. It was just an inch away from his hand yet he couldn’t find him. *Why am I so nervous? Calm down, Chanyeol. Calm down, Chanyeol.* He could easily kiss or grab her hand in the past, but why is he so nervous when they are dating?

Chanyeol bit his lip, his eye focused on the traffic light while his hand is trying to reach out for Jaemi’s hand.

 

When the green man appeared, he took a deep breath, nodded his head firmly and grabbed her hand, then crossed the street and he grinned happily.

When they reached the other end, he then turned to face her, but she wasn’t in sight.

He looked down, to see a young girl, and he realized that he held the wrong hand. “Thank you oppa,” the young girl said, while the mother quickly held her hand and sent a weird look at him. “ert,” she snapped and quickly led the girl away.

“Chanyeol!” Jaemi called out and he looked back, blinking while she blinked back in surprise.

He totally had no idea what was going on.

He looked at Jaemi while she blinked in surprise, then burst into laughter as she jumped and looked at him across the street, while Chanyeol slowly cracked a smile as he scratched the back of his neck shyly.

 

“Park Chanyeol.” Jaemi slowly approached him then stopped in front of him. “Are you serious? Is my hand that small compared to a toddler?” she asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

“Uh.. Hehe..” he giggled.

Jaemi cracked a smile and wrapped her arms around his neck. She placed her forehead against his and closed her eyes. “Are you still nervous?”

Chanyeol gulped. “Even more nervous.”

Jaemi chuckled, her hot breath on his neck.

“How about now?” Jaemi pressed her lips against his. That was the first time Jaemi took the initiative. Chanyeol’s eyes rounded in surprise and he stared into space, his lips curving upwards.

He slowly felt fizzy and his mind was fuzzy. He slowly slipped into a daze and his eyes closed.

Chanyeol placed his hands on her waist, pulling her closer.

His eyes shot open and he quickly pulled away.

“What’s wrong?” Jaemi asked.

“Before I forget, I actually have the necklace with me.” He grinned and took it out from his pocket.

Jaemi gasped and smiled excitedly.

“Let me help you put it on.” He took the key and unlocked the heart. He helped Jaemi wear the necklace then locked it again. “There you go.”

Jaemi grinned and touched the heart.

A man in the bushes caught Chanyeol’s attention. At the corner of his eye, he could see the man. He looked at the bushes and the man was gone. He frowned.

“Ah, Chanyeol. I think you better keep it first. The school doesn’t allow accessories.”

Chanyeol shrugged and took it off. Jaemi couldn't even help but pout.

He chuckled. "Do you like that necklace that much?"

She nodded and pressed his lips into a firm line. "It reminds me of you and what we have been through." She smiled.

Chanyeol ruffled her hair and pulled her into a hug, sighing in content.

 

 

 

Chanyeol had to run an errand at the mart.

When he reached the mart, he felt someone was spying on him. He turned around, but no one was behind him. He tilted his head and frowned. Maybe he was just being paranoid.

 

He bought the necessities and cycled back to the dormitory. Before he entered the school, he looked behind him and caught a glimpse of the man’s attire. It was similar to the one he saw the other night in the bushes.

The man quickly hid behind a pillar. Chanyeol frowned and pushed his bicycle into the school.

 

 

Chanyeol found out that for the past few days he felt someone was eyeing him, and at times he saw the same man.

It was that one day, he abruptly chased after the man and the man fell on the ground, unconscious.

Chanyeol immediately brought him to the hospital. He found out the man was called Park Bamsoo, and he had no family.

Chanyeol looked at him, lying unconscious on the hospital bed. He looked so weak, indeed looked like a cancer patient who has only six months left.

What made Chanyeol curious was, why was he stalking him? Where are his kids?

 

A call from Jaemi broke his train of thoughts.

“Chanyeol, where are you?” Jaemi asked.

“I’m in the hospital,” he replied, looking at the man.

“What?! I’m coming now.”

“Wait, Jaemi-“ Jaemi already hung up.

He sighed and placed his phone in his pocket, sitting down beside the man.

 

Twenty minutes later, Jaemi was running around frantically, finding Chanyeol. She finally found Chanyeol and heaved a sigh of relief.

“What are you doing here?” Jaemi asked.

Chanyeol stood up from the chair.

Before he could speak, Jaemi’s eyes travelled to the man on the bed and her eyes widened in shock.

He looked at Jaemi’s unfocused gaze and shook her shoulders. “Jaemi.. What’s, wrong?”

Jaemi looked up at him, then back at the man. Pointing a finger at the man, she asked, “How did you know him?”

Chanyeol shrugged. “He was trailing me, then all of a sudden he collapsed onto the ground and I sent him to the hospital.”

Jaemi took in a deep breath and bit her lip, slowly walking out of ward.

Chanyeol immediately followed her. He placed his hands on her shoulders and turned her around. “Hey.. Hey. What’s wrong?” he asked softly, searching for her eyes.

She looked up at him once more and gulped. “That man, is that jerk.”

“That jerk?” Chanyeol whispered. “OH. He’s your dad?”

Jaemi nodded. She scoffed and rubbed her eyes. “Karma. Now he looks so weak and frail. It must be karma.”

Chanyeol bit his lip. “Do you want to see him?”

“No.”

He quirked his lips and nodded. “Alright. Sure.”

Jaemi took in a deep breath and turned to face him. She smiled. “Can we go now?”

Chanyeol smiled back. “Sure. Let’s go.” He held her hand and walked.

Before leaving, he looked back at the frail man lying on the bed and sighed.

 

From time to time, Chanyeol would look at Jaemi. Does she really feel nothing towards her own father? Does she really hate her father that much?

Chanyeol has yet to tell that her father only has six months left.

If Jaemi knew, how would she feel?

 

 

Chanyeol sent Jaemi back to her dormitory.

As they stood outside of the door, they didn’t bear to let go of each other’s hands.

Chanyeol swung their hands and sighed.

“I need to go in now or else Eunmi will be really worried,” Jaemi said sadly.

Chanyeol nodded and slowly let go. “Goodnight, Jaemi.” He took a step forehead and pressed his lips on her forehead.

She closed her eyes and smiled. “Goodnight, Chanyeol.”

 

 

After bathing, Jaemi got a call from Chanyeol.

“Hello?” she spoke, Eunmi beside her, sticking her ear to the phone.

“Hey.” Chanyeol chuckled.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing.”

Jaemi bit a smile. “Then, why are you calling me? We just saw each other twenty minutes ago.”

Eunmi whispered, “I want to hear your voice.” Jaemi laughed, shushing her.

“I, miss you,” Chanyeol confessed which made Jaemi’s heart fluttered so high she could hardly grab it back. She took in a deep breath to calm her nerves. “I miss you too,” she whispered into the phone.

“Where are you?” Jaemi asked. “In your heart,” Eunmi whispered once more and Jaemi pushed her face away, blushing.

“In the dorm, trying to sleep. Baekhyun is at the gym,” Chanyeol said, walking around the dormitory.

“Ahh. I’m with Eunmi, and she’s trying to interrupt our conversation.” Jaemi shot a look at Eunmi and she stuck her tongue out before entering the bathroom.

Chanyeol rubbed his neck and sighed. “Jaemi, I have something to tell you it’s about your-“

A shout could be heard from the bathroom. “Hold on, Eunmi caused some trouble,” Jaemi said and ran towards the bathroom.

Chanyeol sighed once more.

A minute later, Jaemi’s voice could be heard. “Sorry, what were you saying?”

Chanyeol shook his head. “Nothing. It’s nothing. Go to sleep early. I think I’m kind of sleepy.”

“Oh. Goodnight then, see you tomorrow.”

“Goodnight Jaemi. Love you.”

Jaemi chuckled and whispered into the phone once more. “Goodnight, love you too.”

 

Chanyeol hung up and fell onto his bed, sighing deeply. How will he ever break the news to her concerning her father?

-----


Hello! omg I'm close to 70 upvotes X.X You guys made everything possible I'm so thankful for all of you thank you soooo muchhhh xoxo