Sick Baekhyun

Love Entanglement

14

Baekhyun bit his lip and sighed. He really wanted to visit Dasul together with Jaemi, but unfortunately for him, he got the flu.

“Damn,” he groaned and coughed, spitting out the thermometer and sighed. "I should have asked Chanyeol to stay with me."

--

“Baekhyun! I’m meeting Dasul later on! Are you coming?” he asked while Baekhyun coughed and sighed. “I can’t, I’m sick.”

Chanyeol went to his bedside and blinked in surprise. “A few days ago you were still fine, didn’t know your immune system was that bad,” he joked and immediately took out his phone.

“Chanyeol, what are you doing?” he asked.

“Telling Jaemi that I won’t be able to visit Dasul,” he replied and Baekyun quickly shook his head. “Don’t!” he quickly said. “Just go with Jaemi, I can take care of myself,” he said sadly and Chanyeol poked his cheek. “My good friend. Alright then, I’ll get going,” he said and slung his bag on his shoulder, walking.

---

Chanyeol entered the building first without Jaemi and he found Dasul sleeping on her bed soundly.

He slowly placed the sack down gently.

 

He squatted at the bed side of Dasul’s and he rested his chin on his palm, peering closer at Dasul. “Can’t believe you’re in this state now. From a young elegant girl, that had everything, and had to swindle to earn a living,” he whispered and softened.

“So? Do you want to give me money then?” she asked, with her eyes closed and he screamed, falling backwards and he let out a groan.

Dasul opened her eyes and sat up straight, shooting Chanyeol a look and he rubbed his back.

“Where’s Jaemi?” she asked and Chanyeol pouted. “She’s on the way,” he replied and immediately he got a text message.

Sorry, I won’t be coming. I need to take care of Baekhyun, I’ll come tomorrow instead, send my regards to Dasul.

-Jaemi

He stomped his foot and pouted. “Now she’s not coming.” Dasul got up and went to him. “But why?”

“Baekhyun’s sick, she needs to take care of him,” he replied and Dasul scowled. “That Baekhyun again. I can’t stand the sight of him,” she said and Chanyeol raised an eyebrow at her. “Why?”

 

 

Jaemi knocked on the door repeatedly as she shouted. “Baekhyun! Are you in there?” she called out. Baekhyun frowned and got up from his bed, slowly shuffling to the door with his eyes semi closed.

When he opened the door, standing out there was Jaemi and she waved. “I heard from Teacher Kim that you were sick, so I came to drop by, and check on you,” she said, entering the dormitory and he smiled. “How nice of you,” he whispered as his voice was hoarse.

Baekhyun slapped his cheek and pinched his cheeks. “Am I dreaming? Is Jaemi really visiting me?” he whispered and shrugged, smiling. “I guess not.”

Jaemi held Baekhyun’s arm as she slowly led him to the bed. “Baekhyun, just stay in bed,” she instructed and he nodded, blushing. “Jaemi, I’m not a cripple-“

“You lost your voice, don’t talk anymore,” she ordered and sat beside him. “Now, just rest for a while, if you need anything, just ring this bell,” she said.

Baekhyun slowly lay on his bed.

His gaze was only fixed on Jaemi who was preparing his lunch in the kitchen. He smiled dreamily at her and he softly smiled.

 

 

“Well, if you want me to speak the truth, I actually prefer you to Baekhyun,” she sheepishly said and Chanyeol blinked. “But why?”

“Because you care! You care for Jaemi, that’s why you protecting Jaemi from me,” she said and Chanyeol bit his lip, smiling apologetically. “But, you wanted her to stay away from dangerous people, just like my Junsuk,” she frankly said and smiled while Chanyeol giggled.

“You’re like the second Junsuk,” she said but Chanyeol suddenly frowned. “But why did you ask me to mop and sweep the floor like your cleaner?” he asked and Dasul whacked his head. “I just praised you a moment ago and now you’re so stupid. Well I guess you’re stupid because you don’t understand women.”

“Women?”

“What a girl wants is to have a responsibly man. Sweeping, mopping and clearing the dishes are the basics, I’m training you, idiot,” she chided. “Plus, didn’t you see the smiles on Jaemi’s face?”

He shook his head.

She rolled her eyes. “Well I did.” Chanyeol blinked and a huge grin appeared on his face. “Thank you so much Dasul! Give me a kiss!” he said while Dasul dodged him and shook her head violently.

 

 

When Jaemi turned to look at Baekhyun, he was already sound asleep and she smiled.

She poured the porridge into a bowl and went over to his side. “Baekhyun,” she whispered. “Wake up.” She gently tapped his shoulder and he began to stir, he blinked in surprise and quickly sat up straight. “You have to take something light before taking your medicine. Here’s the bowl,” she said and handed it to him carefully.

He took a spoonful of it and swallowed.

 

Immediately, he felt warmth overwhelming his body and he sighed contently. “It’s sweet,” he said and chuckled while her eyes widened in surprise and frowned. “Sweet? But it’s supposed to be bland,” she whispered. “Let me try.” She scooped a spoonful and shook her head. “It’s bland.”

Baekhyun smiled and continued eating. The more he ate, the sweeter he felt. Made with tender loving care. He smiled.

Once he finished, Jaemi handed him the bottle of water and passed him the pills as he swallowed it in one go.

 

 

“Do you even know how to court a girl?” Dasul asked and Chanyeol swiped his bangs suavely. “Of course. Three main things you need to do. Wink, smile and eye smile,” he said and immediately got whacked on the head by Dasul.

“Wrong. It’s courtesy, responsibility and aggressive,” she corrected, pointing out her three fingers and Chanyeol scratched his head. “I understand courtesy and responsibility, but aggressive? How?”

“You like her, go all they way, don’t hold it and just charge forward,” she advised and Chanyeol rolled his eyes. “Easy for you to say, but how do I put in action?” he asked.

She smiled. “Now that’s for you to figure it out, but for me, Junsuk didn’t really have a problem dating me,” she said and Chanyeol groaned. Dasul patted his back. “What is the next word similar to ‘aggressive’?”

“Strong.”

“Another one.”

“Bully, impulsive?”

Dasul rolled her eyes and bit her lip.

“Ahah! Bold!”

She nodded. “Why don’t you imagine Baekhyun being bold?” she asked and Chanyeol looked up at the ceiling. “Bold?”

 

Baekhyun and Jaemi were in the room together, and Baekhyun was coughing as Jaemi dozed off in her seat, then resting her head on the bed, beside Baekhyun.

He coughed and softly smiled, looking at Jaemi as he slowly leaned forward and weakly curled a strand of hair behind her ear. Then he leaned even closer, and pressed his lips against her with no hesitation, stirring Jaemi awake, and she blinked in surprise, while Baekhyun slowly held onto her cheek, moving closer.

Jaemi blinked, in a state of shock while Baekhyun held her neck and brought her close to his warm body. Slowly, Jaemi returned the kiss as she wrapped her arms around his neck and deepened the kiss, smiling.

 

 

“NOO!!!!!” Chanyeol screamed as he shot up and breathed in heavily, he looked at Dasul and she sighed in disappointment. “Urgh, you really are going to be the death of me. Fine fine, I give up. Just grab her hand at any opportunities, grab her hand when crossing the road, grab her hand when going out, grab her hand when being chased by dogs or whatever, just start by grabbing her hand,” she snapped and Chanyeol immediately broke into a silly grin. “Long live Dasul!”

 

 

Jaemi rested her head on the table as she dozed off. The stack of homework made her so sleepy that she find it hard to resist the temptation of just taking a nap.

Baekhyun slowly stirred from his nap and he rubbed his eyes lazily. He looked up at the ceiling and blinked, then cleared his throat as he felt it was better now than in the morning.

His eyes travel around the room in search of Jaemi and he found her sleeping on the study table. He softly smiled and grabbed his blanket, then draped it over his shoulder like a cape as he slowly shuffled his way towards her.

A silly grin slowly formed across his face as he chuckled and softened. He curled a strand of hair behind her ear and stared at her face even longer. *If time could stop at this moment, won’t it be perfect?* he thought.

He slowly grabbed Chanyeol’s blanket and covered her upper body as she snuggled warmly in it and let out a soft snore. He giggled and slowly pressed his lips on her forehead and smiled.

-----


SORRY FOR A BORING CHAPTER BUT I JUST WANNA SAY THANK YOU TO ALL READERS OUT THERE FOR UPVOTED MY STORIES NOW I HAVE LIKE 30+ UPVOTES AND I'M REALLY OVER THE MOON RIGHT NOW SO I HAVE TO TYPE IN CAPS SORRY FOR IRRITATING YOU WITH IT AND I PROMISE I WILL BRING YOU MORE INTERESTING LOVE STORIES THANK YOU SO MUCH I LOVE ALL OF YOU