Shirtless

Love Entanglement

7

It was a Saturday, and Jaemi particularly stayed back in school to complete her assignment while the other students were either in their hostels or out of school hanging out.

She walked passed the school garden and looked at the small pond, with a bridge above it.

She walked on the bridge, and when she looked down at the koi pond, she found the koi fishes in it and her reflection in the water.

There were different sizes, and also different coloured fishes swimming, accompanied by turtles.

She quickly zipped open her bag and took out a loaf of bread, then pinched a small piece of bread and threw it into the pond as she see fishes swimming towards the bread.

She continued pinching the bread and threw it into the pond while a voice stopped her. “Feeding of fishes is prohibited,” he called out.

Jaemi turned and she saw Chanyeol smirking at her, while his head was cocked to one side and she cocked her head to one side. “And who set that rule?” she asked, rolling her eyes.

He shrugged and pointed at the board next to the pond and her eyes rounded in surprise. “Oops.”

“Yeah, oops,” he grumbled and walked over to her side.

He reached out for the loaf of bread and she immediately brought it to her chest. “Are you a fish?”

Chanyeol ignored her words and his eyes unconsciously travelled down to her chest, landing on her chest and he grinned, that incident suddenly appeared in his mind and he giggled.

Jaemi blinked in surprise and she frowned. “What’s so funny?” she asked, then looked at her chest, that incident appeared on her mind and her cheeks immediately flushed red.

She glared at him and instinctively covered her chest, forming an X with her arms. “Jerk!” she shouted and immediately reached her two fingers out to poke his eyes, but he immediately caught her two fingers with his hand. “Will you stop poking my eyes,” he asked, exasperated.

She shot him a look and harshly kicked his leg, while he let out a howl and screamed in pain. “AHHHH!!!!”

 

She grinned in triumph and stuck her tongue out.

 

---

 

“How’s your leg,” she asked. Again, she had to take out the ointment from her drawer and pulled a stool out, while Chanyeol sat on her bed. “You’re murdering your husband. First is the shoulder, and now the leg,” he muttered, pouting.

She lightly poked his bruised leg and he immediately groaned in pain. “Who said you’re my husband,” she asked and continued poking his leg while he groaned in pain even more.

She gloat over his pain while he cried, forcing a tear out of his eye. “PARK JAEMI!”

She stopped laughing and nodded her head. “Alright, alright.” She stopped poking his bruised leg and immediately applied ointment on her palm, then rubbing his bruised leg and he let out a yell. “Not too rough!” he hissed while she stifled a laugh. “I just don’t believe my kick is that powerful,” she murmured. “I think you’re the problematic one.”

He bit his lip, enduring the pain and he squeezed his eyes shut. “Try getting kicked in the leg,” he said with gritted teeth.

“Serve you right.” She smiled. “Blame yourself for saying all those stuff in school. There’s students around here, how can you say it so freely?” she asked.

He pouted and shrugged. “Well, I’m a man. And it’s a normal reaction to see you without..”

Jaemi glared at him and he immediately looked away, looking up at the ceiling and everywhere but just not her eyes. She forced a smile out. “Well then, Jerkyeol, endure it,” she said and exerted more force, pressing and rubbing his bruised leg even harder and Chanyeol screamed in pain.

He clenched his fists tightly and swallowed, sniffing as he squeezed his eyes shut and took in deep breaths to calm himself down.

When the pain slowly subsided, he let out a sigh and looked at Jaemi, who was done and closed the cap of the bottle, walking away to place it back to its original place.

He fixed his shirt and stood up, limping towards Jaemi. “Jaemi-ah. Since I saw you -“

She pointed a finger at him and glared. “Don’t, ever, say that word, again,” she hissed. “And don’t spread it around.”

He nodded. “I was saying, since I saw you.. like a thing I shouldn’t see, in return, I’ll just show you mine,” he said and Jaemi’s eyes widened in surprise. She whipped her head towards his direction, gawking at him while he took off his jacket and ed his shirt.

“Park Chanyeol this is my dorm! Don’t do anything rash!” she shouted. Chanyeol ignored her words and giggled as he threw his jacket on the floor while she immediately picked it up and threw it back at him.

He continued running around the room, throwing his jacket back on the floor and continued ing his shirt making Jaemi flustered. “Chanyeol! Stop!” She ran away from him, while he just continued running after her.

But it was no use.

How big is this room, and how much can she run?

“I’m going to close my eyes!” she shouted and covered one of her eyes, still running away from him.

Just as Chanyeol was about to reach for her, he tripped on his feet and pushed her onto the bed as he landed on top of her.

He immediately supported his weight with his palms on the bed, having Jaemi caught in between.

Their eyes widened in surprise, and Jaemi immediately gulped.

She wanted to push Chanyeol away, but she just froze on the bed, it’s like her body wasn’t hers, and she couldn’t even move her body.

Chanyeol cocked his head to one side and blinked. *Why does she look so familiar?* he thought as he leaned forward to have a closer look.

She blinked in surprise at the close contact and her cheeks flushed red. *Yah yah. Jerkyeol, stop leaning forward.* she mentally screamed in her mind as she tried sinking into the bed, but obviously, she can’t.

She blinked in surprise when she realized she’s been trapped and her body isn’t listening to her. Her pulse quickened and her heart beat even faster than usual.

Her gaze travelled everywhere, but refusing to have eye contact with the Jerkyeol.

A smile crept on his face and he looked deeper into her eyes, while she found it hard not to stare back.

*Are you really scared of me? Why is your heart beating so fast?*

*Yah, Jerkyeol, don’t do anything rash.*

He bit his lip and mentally scoffed. *I’m Park Chanyeol, definitely I can do whatever I want to.* He smiled and he slowly leaned forward, his arms losing strength and slowly closing the gap in between them.

 

Just as their noses touched, the door burst open and Eunmi walked in, sighing out loud.

“Finally the theory lesson’s over!” she yawned and she turned her head to see Chanyeol and Jaemi on the bed, with Chanyeol on top of Jaemi, and his shirt was ed, revealing his chest and she bit her lip. *Not again..* Her eyes widened in surprise as she gawked at them.

 

Then, she blinked and her eyes rolled back. She blindly d around the walls of the dorm and unsteadily walked around, turning her body away from them. “Oh my god, why is it suddenly so dark? I can’t see a single thing! I think I'm blind! Or is this the wrong room?” she exclaimed and exited the dormitory, closing the door shut before running away. “Wow that was awkward.”

 

Jaemi then mustered up her courage and pushed his face away, kicking him as he rolled down the bed and fell on the floor, groaning in pain.

Jaemi took in deep breaths and she gulped before looking around the room, her cheeks flushing. “Ah. I just realized I have a theory lesson on. I won’t see you out, bye!” she raised her tone and quickly closed the door.

 

Until then, her cheeks were still red and her pulse didn’t slow down. In fact, it quickened even more as the scene replayed in her mind again. She immediately grab her head and shook it hard and flicked her forehead. “Come on Jaemi. Snap out of it. He’s just playing with you. He’s Jerkyeol,” she reminded herself and nodded her head. “Yeah, he’s Chanyeol, I mean, JerkYeol,” she confirmed.

 

Chanyeol looked around the room, then looked at the door that was slammed shut as he blinked. “What just happened?” he wondered and shook his head. “That Jaemi is one hard nut to crack,” he whispered, and a small smile crept onto his face.

 

Eunmi sighed and shook her head. “Oh. My. God. What just happened?” she asked and sighed. “Eunmi!” Jaemi called out and ran towards her.

“Eunmi, listen to me, it’s all a misunderstanding,” she quickly said while Eunmi smiled and waved her hand. “It’s alright. I respect your decision.”

“Eunmi, it’s really just a misunderstanding,” she clarified. “The other day Chanyeol’s shoulder was injured, he had to take off his shirt so that I could apply ointment on his shoulder. And today, he injured his leg so he was limping around and he fell and landed on top of me. At that time, I was so confused and scared that I just froze on the bed until you came in and saved me,” she explained everything in one breath and she panted heavily, taking in deep breaths.

Eunmi laughed and she patted Jaemi’s lap. “Even though it’s a misunderstanding now, it may not be in the future.” Jaemi’s eyes widened in surprise and she shook her head. “Are you kidding me? Eunmi! How could you say such a thing!” she exclaimed and sighed.

“Come on! You’re in high school now! Definitely you need to have a companion,” she nudged Jaemi while she sighed.

-----