Perfect

No Regrets

LEE HONG KI- PROMISE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stjm7pDdpjg

 

-KAENIN’S POV-

I ran to the main road, heart still pumping in overdrive after what had just happened in Bigbang's dorm. Crap. I am late, late, late!

I still have an hour or so, of course, but that doesn't mean the paperwork process and all doesn't take time. 

I desperately waved an arm to hire a taxi.

Bouncing on the heels on my feet, I was beyond agitated. I had to go to the airport right now! Where were all the taxis? On holiday?

Drip.

Something fell onto my nose.

*Bird faeces?* That was the first thing that came to my mind. Since when has my luck been good anyway? I reached out a hand to feel my nose before feeling something wet on the back of my hand again.

Rain.

No, not the hot singer, the force of nature.

Oh no, this is not good. I can't afford to get wet now!

"Taxi! Taxi!" I yelled.

-.JPG

Thankfully, a familiar silver taxi wound around the corner. Frantically, I flapped my arm. Not flattering, I know, but I didn't care right now.

After the taxi pulled up next to me, I quickly opened the door and slipped in with ease.

"The airport please."

The taxi driver nodded and stepped on the pedal.

I intertwined my fingers and clenched it. Please oh please, I have to get there in time.

After a while of unending agitation, I could see the airport looming up ahead. I frowned at the long, twisting queue to get in.

“It’s all right, you can just drop me here. I’ll run the rest of the way.” I explained to the driver.

He furrowed his brows but didn’t stop me. "That would be 3000 won please." He twisted his upper body around slightly to face me.

I nodded and shoved the money into his hands before running off.

 

-KISEOP'S POV-

"Araso, hyung, I promise. And... Gomawo." I hung up and secretly glanced around. We were having a photo shoot and were currently on break. We have a few more shots to take but surely they could do without me for a while. I caught sight of my manager and quickly brisk-walked my way to him.

"Manager hyung, I'm going to go to the toilet."

Without even looking up at me, he nodded and shuffled some papers in his hands.

Jerk. This was the idiot who made Kaenin leave.

"Excuse me?" My manager looked up. "I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that."

I froze. Oh crap, I didn't realise that I said that out loud.

"Nothing! I said that I am such a jerk for having to leave halfway through the shoot."

The manager raised an eyebrow and straightened his suit. "I see. Get going. You have about five minutes."

I nodded politely. As I walked out of the room, I eyed the rest of the members and nodded. It was time for the impromptu plan. As soon as I stepped out of the building, I broke into a run.

Taxi, taxi, taxi. Where were those vehicles when you needed them?

I saw a couple about to get into a taxi.

I did the natural thing. I sprinted.

"Excuse me." I panted. "Could you let me go first? It's kind of a hurry."

The man frowned. "But-"

His girlfriend... or wife, cut him off. "Oh, of course!" Then she leaned towards my ear. "You're U-KISS's Kiseop, right?"

I nodded awkwardly.

"I knew it! Go ahead, go ahead!" She clapped her hands in glee.

"Kamsahamida..." I said uncertainly with a bow and slid into the cab before closing the doors, leaving an extremely disgruntled man and a hyper-active woman outside.

"Incheon airport, please."

"Sure." The taxi driver started to drive.

I frowned. He was going way too slow for my liking. "Could you go any faster?"

"Faster?" The taxi driver barked and I shrank away. "The last time the other girl said that, I had said no but she bribed me with ten bucks. And guess what? I was caught by the police. Those ten bucks ain't enough, I'm tellin' ya."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "How about if I gave you hundred bucks extra?"

"Deal."

Easy peasy.

Within about five minutes (thanks to the mad driver's driving skills), I had reached my destination. However, there was one little problem.

It was raining. Hard.

Under normal circumstances, that would have been okay, except for the fact that it was pouring really hard and there was no shelter for me to get under. The queue for vehicles to get into the airport was way too long, anyway.

Screw shelters.

Quickly counting out the notes, I gave them to the taxi driver who looked at it with glee and dashed out of the cab.

People must have thought I was crazy. Here I was, running under the pouring rain. But finding Kaenin was my first priority right now. I glanced up. I didn't have to walk that far to reach the airport.

Completely soaked, I continued forward, sprinting towards the airport. Just as I rounded the corner, I caught sight of a familiar head of dark brown hair.

Kaenin.

Before she could get away, I grabbed her arm. She turned around and her face positively drained of colour. She was wet, too, but not to the extent that I was yet. She probably had the same mentality as me. Getting out of the cab early and running the remaining distance to the airport was probably the faster way to go.

"Ki-Kiseop op-"

"Woo. Kae. Nin." I pronounced every syllable of her name clearly.

"Kiseop oppa." Kaenin laughed uneasily, scratching her head. "Big coincidence, huh?"

I let out a breath and looked down, still holding onto her arm. I could sense her squirming, so I looked up at her again, through my rain-soaked hair.

"You pabo!" I yelled as lightning flashed across the sky. "What the hell is going through your head?!"

Kaenin flinched and looked away, averting my gaze. But I wasn't done with her yet. Oh no, far from done.

"Do you honestly thing this is the way to go? The way to solve all the problems we're facing now? Really?!" I hissed at her, shaking my head. Gosh, this girl drove me mad.

"There's nothing else I can do for you. For all of you. And you know that." She choked out, tears threatening to fall down her face. 

I scoffed. "You know, for a girl who managed to get a scholarship to England and enrol in the School of the Arts here, you're not very smart." I pointed out bluntly.

Tears fell down her face as my words hit her. A pang of guilt shot through me.

Sighing, I gave up on yelling out my anger and frustration. I pulled her towards me, an arm around her waist and another to pat her head.

"Woo Kaenin, what am I going to do with you?" I wondered aloud.

I heard her sniffle. "You said that to me-"

"Yesterday." I finished.

She nodded against my shoulder.

"You know how worried you got us all? Seungri hyung called Kevin who started having a nervous breakdown right there and then at the photo shoot. Then he called me to the phone while the rest of the members found out about what was going on. So you got six guys worried as hell, and one of them running through the rain to find you." I paused. "And that would be me, by the way."

I felt her squeeze my shirt before hearing her muffled voice. "Why are you talking as though you've stopped me from getting on the plane?"

"Seungri hyung told me everything, Kaenin-ah." I replied simply.

She froze.

"Everything." She said, pulling back slightly so that I could see her face. "By everything, you mean-"

"Him confessing to you, you rejecting him, and saying that the one you like is not him? Including the whole story about you leaving Seoul. Does that cover your 'everything'?" I answered, staring straight at her.

"I knew I shouldn't have let him live." Kaenin muttered under her breath.

I let out a laugh at that, as she rubbed her eyes with the back of her hand, refusing to look at me. I shook my head slightly before pulling her hand away from her face. "Yah, look at me."

"I can't. This is horrifying." Another clap of thunder resounded in the air as she glanced furtively at her watch before backing away. "I'm going to be late for my fli-"

My arms shot out on instinct as I yanked her back to me. My body wasn't listening to my mind anymore. After all, there was nothing else to do at this moment then, well.

Kiss the girl, of course.

As if acting on their own, my arms went around her waist as her face reflected pure shock. At least she didn't push me away and send me crashing to the wet ground. Even as the rain continued to fall down hard around us, I simply took a few steps towards her and closed the distance between us, staring down at her through my drenched hair.

"Y-yah. Seo-Seoppie oppa, I need to-"

I leaned down and stopped. She said nothing and neither did I. Her face heated up and I smiled. "Woo Kaenin. Do you like me?"

Her face got redder as it held a puzzled expression and no words left . With one last, soft smile, I held her face gently as I spoke. "Well, if you do, then I guess you won't mind if I..." I closed my eyes and bridged the last remaining distance between our lips as we finally, finally, kissed.

It was uncertain and soft, yet filled with care and love that the both of us had wanted to express so much. As I pulled her closer and her fingers found their way to the back of my neck, all I could think about was one thing.

It was pretty much perfect.

Eventually we pulled away, and I could only chuckle at the embarrassment clearly reflected on her face. I arched a brow and drew her into a hug, sighing in content.

"You don't know how long I've wanted to do that, Woo Kaenin." I mumbled into her ear.

After a comfortable pause, she spoke again. "Does this mean I'm staying here?"

I pouted and feigned disbelief, pulling back slightly to see her face. "Yah, after that, you still want to leave me here?"

She actually frowned in consideration.

I scoffed. "Huh, whatever. As your boyfriend, there's no way I'm letting you go anywhere. Araso?"

Her face reddened at my words but she didn't argue back. She held out one hand to catch the falling raindrops.

"Look, oppa, the rain's stopping." She said with a light smile.

I laced my fingers through her free hand and held out my other hand just like her, glancing over to see her contented expression. Slowly, I turned her around to face me and gave her a quick kiss on the lips.

"Saranghae, Kaenin-ah." I sang happily.

She only laughed and shook her head. "You sounded like Dongho, but..." Her lips twisted into a grin.

"I love you, too."

Mmhmm, pretty much perfect, I say, pretty much perfect.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for not updating yesterday! O: Anyway, hope you like this chapter (x there's gonna be one last epilogue, I think (: thanks for all your support, do stay tuned for another chapter, and another fic! (x

Comments and subscribers are love, thanks (: