Dance Dance

No Regrets

4MINUTE- HEART TO HEART

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h97jt1XtnGQ
 

-KAENIN'S POV-

A day later, I found myself back in school.

Again.

We were having our lunch break now, but our whole dance class had to stay back because our teacher had some information she wanted to disseminate.

"Hey, what do you guys wanna do about our first project? We'll definitely need to meet out of school, considering time restraints here." Heng-Yi began.

"Which is why," Chul-Moo faced me with an exuberant grin, "we should all go to Kaenin's house!"

*Crappity crap crap* "Ani... why my house? The place is pretty messy." *That's actually not a lie.*

"Because my house is under construction, and Heng-Yi's house is the furthest away. Which means your place would be the most convenient!" Chul-Moo explained quickly.

"And I guess a little mess is fine...?" Heng-Yi asked. "Unless, you know, there're other reasons, then my house is open-"

"Andwae. Kaenin's house. Please? I'm curious to see how it looks!" Chul-Moo interrupted persistently.

*Ugh* I pinched the bridge of my nose helplessly and thought it through. *All I need to do is give U-KISS a courtesy notice that I have guests over and try to keep them out of the house...* "I'll check," I paused, "finalise a time and get back to you, okay?"

"Huh?" Chul-Moo whined. "Why can't we just go later? After school?"

"Chul-Moo! Come on!" Heng-Yi warned, annoyed. "This isn't your house. You can't just impose."

I shot Heng-Yi a thankful look as Chul-Moo huffed unhappily right as the bell rang, meaning we had to make our way over to see our dance teacher.

Our class scrambled into the studio and gathered around, as our teacher, Ms Lee, faced us with an interested grin as she began, pulling out a flyer from her bag on the floor.

"This," she started, showing us the flyer, "is a dance showcase that plans on taking place in our school in around a month's time. Students from all the arts high schools will indicate their interest with their respective teachers, and the teachers will then conduct a mini 'audition', you could call it, to select the final few, of maximum 3, worthy to participate in the showcase."

Interested and curious murmurs filled the room as we took in the information. "But that's not all," Ms Lee continued, "This showcase is really meant to pick out the outstanding talent and skills of a few students, for there will not only be important guest judges viewing the showcase, but some scouting agents of entertainment agencies in the audience, ready to sift out promising talent. If you ever want to make it big..." She eyed us with a grin, "I suggest you go for this. All right, dismissed. Think it through, over the course of this week you can indicate your interest with me, and then we'll have the 'auditions'. Good luck." Ms Lee finished.

All around me, classmates buzzed and chattered excitedly about this dance showcase as Heng-Yi, Chul-Moo and I headed for the school gates.

"Kaenin-ah, you should give this a try. Out of all of us, you're the best dancer." Heng-Yi informed me.

Chul-Moo nodded her head in approval and shot me a thumbs up. "Go for it! Me and Heng-Yi'll help you along the way. I'm sure you'll make it to perform on the showcase stage."

I bit my lip in consideration as I remembered what Ms Lee said about the entertainment agencies, and a flood of painful memories ran thorugh my head.

*Snap out of it* I thought to myself as I shook the thoughts out of my head. "Ah... I'll think about it and let you guys know soon, okay?" I told them as I turned to go in the direction of U-KISS's dorm.

Chul-Moo chuckled. "You sure have a lot to think about today. The dance showcase, our first project, and whether Heng-Yi and I can come to your house. The sooner the better, don't forget!" She reminded with a final wave, before heading home. Heng-Yi shrugged and shot me a slightly apologetic glance as she took off home as well.

"AISH!" I groaned.

*What fine mess have you gotten into now, Woo Kaenin.*

 

-NARRATOR'S POV-

As Kaenin found herself at home with many thoughts running through her mind, she barely seemed to notice U-KISS's arrival back home, only snapping out of her reverie when Eli ruffled her hair playfully.

"Oh gosh, you look... troubled." Eli stated as he took in Kaenin's expression.

"No , Sherlock." She replied with a sigh.

"What's up sis?" Kevin asked worriedly as he took a seat opposite her. Kiseop sat down next to her on the couch, offering her a small bar of chocolate.

"Chocolate reduces stress, no?"

She smiled and took it from him, unwrapping it and taking a bite as she answered Kevin's question, informing U-KISS of her friends, or friend, who wanted to come here to do a project. Everyone then turned to Soohyun, waiting for a verdict.

He paused in consideration, before informing the group of his decision. "Well... on face level, if your project partners are, you know, well-behaved and act civilised and don't, ever, spread the word that you're Kevin's sister, then there's no harm in that."

"Thanks for telling us, though," Hoon added in with a gentle smile. "It'd be worse if we came home to find your friends here and react... impulsively."

"Like call the cops." AJ finished with a smirk.

"We'll do what we can to come home as late as possible, but manager-hyung can't fetch us around and about the whole day and loitering around in the city is idol suicide." Kiseop stated lightly as he patted her head.

"Don't worry, Kaenin-ah, we'll behave. We'll just introduce ourselves and stay out of the way because we love you the most! Promise!" Dongho offered his pinky to Kaenin with a bright smile. She laughed and looped her's through his as the atmosphere in the living room relaxed and U-KISS chatted on about their day.

Kaenin's phone buzzed, and she leaned back into her seat to keep the screen to herself.

From: y Seungri

Call me tonight all right! Let's catch up. I'm finally freeeee, and I know you missed me (x

As Kaenin smiled softly at what she was reading on her phone, Kiseop couldn't help but wonder just who, exactly, was texting her to make her smile like that.

 Seung-Ri.jpg 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello readers! Sorry for only updating once yesterday |: me and my fellow author spent the night discussing what to include in the next few chapters, and we hope it'll be a good mix of drama (which I smell in the air) and fun (which I can sniff out too!) (x awww, maybe even love! <3

Thank you for viewing this story, and we hope that more silent readers will comment and subscribe soon (:

Comments and subscribers are love, thanks (: