Record

No Regrets

B1A4- BEAUTIFUL TARGET

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlruBjfjLtc

 

-KAENIN'S POV- 

Today, I woke up with a stupid grin on my face. 

Why?

Because it's my birthday, silly.

It was an exceptionally bright and sunny Saturday morning, and I quickly went to the bathroom to freshen up before heading down the stairs. 

The dorm was completely empty.

I stood in the midst of that defeaning pin-drop silence, and felt my heart constrict in pain a little at the thought of nobody remembering today was my birthday. But I quickly shook it off, knowing it was selfish of me to think so. With a sigh, I trudged to the kitchen and opened the fridge, hoping to put together a simple breakfast of cereal. However, my eyes widened sharply when I noticed a plate of pancakes and fruit placed right in the middle of the fridge. Pulling it out, I read the purple sticky note attached.

Morning, dearest Kaenin-ah!

If you're reading this now, it means you've woken up. Hope you enjoy the breakfast! It was harder than you think for us to make something like that. Happy birthday! Saranghae! 

U-KISS <3

P.S. Eat your breakfast in the living room araso?

I shook my head and smiled. Following their instructions, I headed over to the living room and sat down, accidentally landing on something hard. I furrowed my brows and yanked the object out from beneath the cushion. 

 1251remote_control.jpg 

It was the remote control, wrapped with a small purple ribbon over it. It read 'Press play!'

Curious, I hit the button, and settled in my seat as the TV screen blinked to life. The first thing I heard as the image cleared was voices arguing. 

*A recording?* I mused. 

"Yah! When you record a person, the camera's supposed to face him, not yourself, you pabo maknae!" Soohyun?

"Don't tell me what to do hyung! I'm the most capable out of all of you." Dongho, without a doubt. No one's ego is as big as his. 

"Pali! You're ruining the tape!" My brother's slightly girly voice rang out, annoyed.

"Anneyeong Kaenin-ah! Happy birthday! Ah, mianhae, our pabo of a maknae here insisted on filming and he's obviously not very technologically inclined," Soohyun started as the camera filled him. He flinched. "Eee, he's giving me the evil eye. Anyway, happy happy birthday! I'm really sorry about last time, and I promise to be a better oppa to you. I know you must've been hurting, and I'm so sorry for not listening to you!" He rushed out, his voice cracking slightly.

*Soohyun oppa...*

"I'll do much better for you. Hope you enjoy your birthday with your loving U-KISS oppas! Saranghae!" Soohyun finished with a small heart. 

"Kaenin-ah!" The camera whipped over to a smiling Hoon who waved brightly at the camera. "Happy birthday! Aigoo, I have so much to say but Kevin's here rushing everyone, so I'll try to keep it simple." He said awkwardly.

*That's Hoon oppa for you* I thought with a pleased smirk. 

"About a few weeks ago, I feel horrible for not trusting you. I don't know what I was thinking, believing some stranger over you. I know I'm quiet most of the time, but you've brightened up my life ever since you came here, and you don't know how much I have to thank you for. I know I've let you down, and I'll always be sorry."

"Aish," I muttered. These guys were going to make me cry on my birthday morning. 

"But I'm going to do better. I'll become an oppa that you can always rely on and trust, araso? Enjoy your special day, you amazing girl. Saranghae!" Hoon finished, biting his lip nervously. 

I struggled to keep the tears from spilling over again.

"Kaenin-ah! Hey happy birthday you!" AJ greeted energetically, a brilliant smile etched on his face. "To my favourite girl in the whole world, I only wish the best for you on your special day. You've come a long way, and there's no other girl like you in this world, who's as sweet, kind and forgiving. It doesn't mean that because Soohyun hyung and Hoon have apologised that I'm not going to."

With that, the happiness in his eyes dimmed slightly. "I'm sorry, Kaenin-ah. You've been nothing but wonderful to all seven of us, and yet we still treated you like dirt in the past few weeks. You mean so much to us all, and I'm going to promise you that I'll never be the same kind of oppa I was before, neh?"

"Seriously," I sighed, rubbing away the tears in my red eyes. 

"So happy birthday again! I love you!" AJ concluded as the camera shifted over to Eli. 

"Yo Kae-ah! Happy birthday girl! Awww, is someone getting old too?" Eli laughed jokingly as he waved enthusiastically at the camera. "You know, when Kevin first told us that his sister was coming to stay with us here, none of us could shut up about you. We were just that excited. And yet, barely a week or two after you came, we let you down." 

I couldn't stand seeing the funny, carefree Eli like this. 

He sighed, ruffling his hair. "We must've been real idiots, huh, to believe some girl over you. From the start, you cared for us from morning till night, and even if you were tired, you were still there. Always. You never called us when you needed help, because you didn't want to make us busier than we already were. But that's what we want to do for you, Kae. We want to look after you, not only because we've been serious jerks to you before, but because we all really love you. I know I do, anyway." He said with a small smile.

A single tear rolled down my cheek at Eli's sweet confession, and I wanted nothing more than to give that pigeon a hug. 

"Saranghae, Kaenin-ah. We'll do you proud. Have a good birthday!" He waved at the camera one last time.

Dongho frantically zipped the camera left and right, searching for the next person. It finally landed on Kiseop, who gave his crooked, sweet smile. 

"Anneyeong, Kaenin-ah. Happy birthday!" Kiseop greeted cutely. 

By then, I was already crying. Because I knew no matter what Kiseop said, I would tear up. 

It was just an effect he had on me. 

"You know, I was really nervous about you coming to stay here. Ask the members. When it comes to meeting new people, I'm the most awkward and quiet. But once I saw you, I knew you were really something else. Different, in a good way." He winked, and I remembered that night on the roof. 

"I remember every moment with you clearly. I still remember the night you bought food for us, the first night I saw you on the verge of tears. It pained my heart, Kaenin-ah, to see you like that, and the days that followed were some of the worst for me. To see you hurting, yet I was selfish enough to not step up and do something."

He smiled softly, one of my favourite things about him. 

"I hope you know how sorry I am, we all are, for not being there for you, and this day marks a change, where we promise to show you the loving oppas we can be. So happy birthday, and saranghae, Kaenin-ah. I always will." He blew a quick kiss to the camera. 

"Seoppie oppa you pabo." I mumbled as I laughed and cried at the same time.

"Yah, hyung, take the camera! My turn!" Dongho hissed, shoving the camera at a stunned Kiseop. 

"Anneyeong anneyeong pretty Kaenin-ah! Happy birthday! You know how much I love you, right? Good! Saranghae, Kae-ah! You've heard this countless times, but I'm sorry for not being mature enough to sense something was wrong earlier. You were so sad for so long, and I rarely got to see you around the house! It hurt me, too, because I missed seeing you as the first thing I saw when I come back from schedules every day." The adorable maknae pouted sadly, and I smiled weakly as a pang of guilt hit me hard.

"Well, it's your happy day today, so I hope you'll always cherish the memories you've made with the seven of us, araso? Saranghae! Stay happy!" Dongho made a huge heart with his hands and giggled, a big grin on his cute face as he winked. 

Finally, the camera panned over to my waiting brother, who smiled sweetly when the camera angled at him. 

"To my dearest, most beloved, amazing sister, happy birthday! I can't believe you're seventeen already. Can you?" Kevin mused.

"Well, I'm surely the luckiest guy to have known you all these years of my life, and probably the stupidest to have let you go so easily, twice. Once to England, and another, well, just recently."

I winced at both painful memories.

"Look, sis, although sometimes I definitely don't do well at playing the good oppa, I hope you know that never once has my love for you wavered. You'll always be my adorable little sister whom I cherish with all my heart, and I promise to take care of you better from now on." 

Kevin was a pretty emotional person too, so when I saw his eyes water, it released another flood of tears in me too. I remembered all the times we fought and those hurtful memories, yet there's not one time I'll ever let any of these memories go. 

Because, through it all, Kevin oppa is my brother, and I love him. 

Just like I know he loves me, too.

"Oppa..." I mumbled.

"Saranghae, sis! Have an awesome birthday today, I'll always be there for you now, I promise. I'm so blessed to have you in my life!"

With that, the whole of U-KISS waved and grinned stupidly at the camera, before the screen went black. I sat there, stunned into silence, before rushing to keep the disc in a sleeve for safe keeping. As I went up to my room and slipped in into my drawer, my phone buzzed. 

From: Heng-Yi

Get dressed and ready, birthday girl. Meet me in COEX in one hour, stat. Don't be late, or I'll send out a missing person's report. Pali, we're running on a tight schedule, missy. Lots of lurrvve <3

I smiled. This might turn out to be one of the most memorable birthdays yet.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yikes, sorry for the late update! Hope you enjoyed the chapter! I wanted to have more than just one birthday chapter, so that the drama can be sort of balanced out yeah. Awww, now isn't U-KISS sweet (x

Comments and subscribers are love, thanks (: