Cry

No Regrets

2NE1- IT HURTS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUiMaz4BNKw&ob=av2e

 

-NARRATOR'S POV-

*Come on, think, Kaenin. Think* She screamed at herself internally.

Then Kaenin widened her eyes. "Kiseop oppa!"

The other girls froze and quickly stood up, patting their hair down, whipping their compact mirrors out of their bags before turning around to give a practiced smile.

"Kiseop oppa!" They squealed in unison.

Whoosh.

They watched the leaves dance along the road.

The leader clenched her first. "Seize the girl!" She turned around with a vengeance. But by then, Kaenin was long gone.

Cue the loud screams of anger.

Meanwhile...

Kaenin panted. Looks like she has some acting skills going on! But Kaenin couldn't congratulate herself. Yet. She looked like a complete mess. Sunglasses clutched in her hand (she had somehow managed to get them back), her hair was completely messed up, sticking out in every direction and her clothes were askew. Adjusting them slightly and patting down her hair, Kaenin put on the hood of her jacket to hind any visible scratch marks and slid the sunglasses back on, letting her hair fall and frame her face so that the broken glasses would remain invisible. She set her jaw into a fine line. She wouldn't and couldn't worry U-KISS any further.

"Oppas! I'm back!" Kaenin quickly announced herself and attempted to slink away to her room. No thanks to her bad luck, the entire U-KISS was in the living room for an emergency meeting.

"Ah. Kaenin." Kevin looked up. "Welcome back!" Kevin frowned a little at his sister's rather weird get up but said nothing. "Take a seat! We're discussing how to salvage the situation."

Kaenin faked a smile. "I need to take a bath first."

Dongho bounded over. "Baths can wait! Come!" Dongho grabbed Kaenin's wrist, which, under normal circumstances would be okay. But not when there was a bruise there.

"Ow!" Kaenin didn't expect that. She hissed in pain momentarily but froze when seven pairs of eyes whipped in her direction. She smiled nervously, and faked a cough. "Ah, seems like our maknae is getting stronger!" She covered up, ruffling his hair. The guys bought into it suspiciously, but said nothing. Dongho just smiled and plopped her down, before settling in next to her.

"All right," Soohyun clapped his hands. "These past few days have been, well, bad, but that's why we're here now, to figure something out. So..."

The conversation faded in and out of Kaenin's ears as the only thing in her mind now was not to grimace. She felt her hood slipping off her head multiple times and she cursed as it almost always exposed the bruises on her face. She pushed up her sunglasses weakly with her injured right hand, and felt her breaths coming up shallower as the punch she had received began to take a toll on her.

*Please talk faster pigeon! I know you can do it!* Kaenin mentally encouraged Eli who was speaking so slowly her brain ached.

Finally, though, they wrapped up. Kaenin cheered happily in her head, and stood up carefully.

However, clumsy as she was and weak in her current state, she tripped over Dongho's outstretched foot and went sprawling to the floor as she let out a shriek of pain, her injured stomach colliding with the floor, hood falling off her head and sunglasses tumbling to the floor. Her fingers clenched into a fist as tears leaked down her face.

"Omo! Mianhae Kaenin-ah! Let me help you up." Dongho offered apologetically, but jerked back in surprise when Kaenin pushed his hand away.

The other guys stared in shock as her body started to tremble with broken sobs.

Kevin reached down and gently hauled his sister up into a sitting position. When she refused to tilt her head up, he lifted her chin carefully and nearly fainted from shock as he took in her face.

Kaenin's face was bruised. She had a classic 'panda eye' and a slightly bleeding lip. Her left cheek was swollen. Noticing Kaenin slowing pulling away her right arm, Kevin snatched it and rolled up the sleeves of the jacket. Kaenin's wrist was swollen as well. Kevin gently pulled down the hood and checked the back of her neck, noticing the scratch marks. He gently touched her stomach. When she flinched, he knew what had happened.

"Kaenin." Kevin seemed to give off a malicious aura. His voice was sickeningly sweet. "What happened."

Kaenin managed a weak laugh. "I fell?" That came off more like a question than a statement.

"Kaenin." Kevin was angry now.

"Well... rabid fangirls are a factor." Kaenin looked away.

Kevin gently set Kaenin down on a couch and disappeared into the kitchen.

"Oppa?" Kaenin called out carefully. He wasn't doing anything foolish... right?

Butcher-knife.jpg

Kevin emerged from the kitchen with a butcher knife.

"All right guys. Let's kill some crazy fangirls." Kevin gave out a scary laugh.

"Wait!" Kaenin attempted to stand and limped over to her brother's side. "Put the knife down oppa."

"But-"

"Put it down." There was a note of finality to it and even Kevin couldn't disobey. He sighed and set the knife on the coffee table. Facing his sister, he cradled her face lightly in his hands, so different from the rough handling she had just received.

The other guys watched, unsure of what to do as they watched the siblings. Kiseop gazed at Kaenin softly from where he stood, holding onto a shocked Dongho. He took in her tear streaked and messed up face, and yet only one word came to his mind. *She's still so beautiful*

"I don't understand..." Kevin said lamely, his voice cracking slightly as he traced the injuries on his precious sister's face. Kaenin just shook her head and gave him a weak hug, murmuring soft 'it's okay's into his ear, smoothing his hair lightly. She shot Soohyun a look, and he understood that Kevin wanted to be alone with his sister. He nodded once, gesturing the others up the stairs. They protested, but Soohyun didn't waver. Kaenin gave him one thankful glance, and he smiled a small smile before following the other guys up.

Kaenin closed her eyes, her heart wrenching in pain and guilt when Kevin cried openly on her shoulder. She knew it was because of everything that had been happening, and she played a large part in that. As she continued to just hold him silently, his cries slowly began to subside, and he flushed, embarrassed, before offering to help her get cleaned up.

But Kaenin wouldn't have any of it.

"You have a schedule soon, right oppa? So go get ready. I'll be fine." Kevin could sense the firm, underlying tone in her voice, and knew she wanted some time alone. With one final hug and kiss to her forehead, he left with an encouraging smile. "Call if you need me, or any of us." Kaenin nodded at his words, and he went up to his room.

And that was all it took for Kaenin to bury her face in her injured hands and cry.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Double update as promised! Haha I see the comments and smile so wide, thanks guys (: do remember that in real life, U-KISS really cares a lot for their kiss mes, you can tell by the amount of stuff they post on twitter (x thanks for supporting this story! Sad to say it's gonna end soon ):

Whoa, my fellow author's on a roll. She's already drafting the next chapter O:

Comments and subscribers are love, thanks (: