Showcase

No Regrets

2NE1- LONELY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n4V3lGEyG4&ob=av2e

 

-NARRATOR'S POV-

While Kaenin, Heng-Yi and Seungri busied themselves with practice for Kaenin's dance showcase the next day, back at U-KISS's dorm, the seven boys had just got home after setting out earlier than usual for a morning radio show, followed up by their many packed schedules.

"Kaenin-ah! You home?" Dongho called the minute he stepped foot into the house.

"She's never home anymore, Dongho. You know that." Eli murmured sadly.

Silence hung loudly in the air.

"I want her back. This house isn't the same without her." Kiseop noted finally.

Dongho's head hung low in sadness as Eli rubbed his arm soothingly. Ever since the big fall out that day, U-KISS and Kaenin almost never crossed paths, and Dongho, who had become very attached to Kaenin, was taking her absence the hardest. Kiseop and Eli were too, and so were the rest, including Kevin.

"Hey, there's something on the table." Hoon pointed out, as the seven members sat around the coffee table to see what Hoon was talking about.

"An envelope..." Kevin said, picking it up and opening it, pulling out a small slip of paper from within.

"Dear U-KISS,

Anneyeong, it's Kaenin. You might already know this, but the dance showcase I'm up to perform in is on tomorrow, at 6 p.m., in my school's performing arts auditorium.

Although we don't see each other that often now, I bought seven tickets for each of you, and I hope you'll be able to come down and watch me.

Gomawo, and see you around.

Kaenin"

Kevin finished reading the short note, and out fell out seven tickets, tied together, for the dance showcase.

"Yah! No questions asked. We're going." Dongho blurted out immediately, snatching the tickets away.

"Chop stamp confirmed." Kiseop added, slamming his fist onto the palm of his other hand with an affirmative nod.

The rest of the members agreed, as each one of them thought the same thing.

*A chance to make things right, or at least better, with Kaenin*

"Well then," Kevin began, standing. "Hurry up and get to bed. We have a long day ahead of us tomorrow if we want to see my sister." He strode up the stairs, and the rest followed suit, with Dongho and Kiseop doing a mini victory dance together at the foot of the stairs first.

"Pabos, pali!" Eli called out jokingly, shaking his head in mock disappointment at the two boys.

 20110831_u-kiss_comeback.jpg 

 

-KAENIN'S POV-

"Kaenin. Woo Kaenin. Earth to Woo Kaenin." Heng-Yi repeated, waving her hands in front of my face.

I snapped out of my nervous thoughts and focused my attention on my best friend. "Hmm?"

"Nothing. Just needed to know you were still alive and breathing, not going to pass out on me." I rolled my eyes at her.

"Anyway," she started, looking at me. "Our school's the last school to go, since we're the hosts. You're right after Chul-Moo, sadly. But alphabetical order is the way it works."

Just then, the emcee took the stage and enthusiastically kicked off the showcase, as performer after performer went up to dance, many successfully captivating the audience with their well choreographed routines and flawless execution of moves.

Kaenin gulped nervously, while Heng-Yi's confidence remained unwavering. The two stayed together in the waiting room patiently, and it was almost coming down to Kaenin's turn when her phone buzzed with a text.

From: y Seungri

Yah, crazy fangirl, make sure you go up there and do me proud, araso? I'll be watching you, huh huh.

"Bang Chul-Moo, you're up."

Even the announcement of the name of that betrayer couldn't wipe the smirk off my face after reading Seungri's text. Heng-Yi and I blatantly ignored whatever looks she shot at us while walking to the stage, and she staggered slightly, surprised at our indifference. But no matter how bad a person Chul-Moo was, her dancing ability couldn't be denied. She was skillful and graceful, and of course the audience loved her unique, slow number. When she finished, she broke into a victorious grin on stage, bowing repeatedly till the emcee had to gesture her off.

Heng-Yi hid her loud laughter. Badly.

As she walked past us on her way backstage, she lightly bumped my shoulder, and hissed mockingly.

"Remember, I've got your brother and his friends wrapped around my finger. They adore me, not you. Good luck!" She sang sarcastically. Heng-Yi shot her a death glare, which Chul-Moo did her best to ignore.

"Woo Kaenin, standby." The stagehand directed me. I took in a deep, calming breath and walked forward, not before Heng-Yi gave me one last encouraging hug.

"Hwaiting! You pabo!" She cheered jokingly. With that, the stagehand led me over to the curtains, just as the emcee finished introducing me. The lights dimmed, and I was shooed on stage. My eyes scanned the thick crowd nervously, and as the lights came on again, I immediately searched through the crowd for them. Any of them.

But just as my music began to play, I caught sight of none of the U-KISS boys.

And my heart just sunk

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for not updating yesterday ahh it was a busy day ): hope you enjoy the chapter, I'm off to find a picture because this computer can't seem to copy and paste anything much -.-

Comments and subscribers are love, thanks (: