Chapter 21

Make me believe you. (HIATUS)

Your POV.

"I am so going to win this." I stretched my arms and cracked my neck. We've decided to play a game of volleyball and I could already feel my team winning. I have Jungha, Hyunwoo, Sungjong oppa, Minho oppa and Youngjae oppa, we picked the best people. Jungha and Hyunwoo are in our school's volleyball team and have represented us in National Competitions before and of course won the championship before. Sungjong oppa because of his speed, Minho oppa is an excellent athlete obviously and Youngjae oppa can calculate where the ball is going soooo.. Shh don't tell the wolves.

The last time we had a match, there was no definite winner becuase Tae got injured and the rest of them got hungry. It's definitely not happening again, the vampires are going to win this for sure, I smirked and looked at Tae with a don't-bother-winning-us look and he just cocked his brows and scoffed. "You really think it's that easy to win us wolves?" He chuckled and shook his head. "Who's playing on your team?" Jungha replied with a smirk.

"Jongin hyung, Jimin hyung, Tao hyung, Sehun hyung, Yoongi hyung and of course, me." He finished with a smug look on his face and I was a little impressed. His team mates were all amazing in strength and stamina, I know that Yoongi oppa was a National player in basketball, Tao oppa does martial arts, Jiminnie oppa knows a little too, Jongin and Sehun oppa are dancers and have perfect stamina too. "But can they really play? We have a National team here." I winked.

"ALRIGHT! Are we ready to begin?" Hyun Jin blew the whistle and stopped the playful bicker, we all gave her a thumbs up a signal that we are as ready as ever. "Please send two representatives to play a game of rock-paper-scissors." She shouted and Jimin hyung walked forward, "LEE HYUNWOO NAWA! (LEE HYUNWOO COME OUT)" And I almost cry as I burst out in alughter and their team groaned out loud. "PARK JIMIN!" The big hyungs at the side face-palmed themselves and Jimin just looks confused and scratched his head, "WAEYO?!" He exclaimed in utter confusion with question marks floating around his head. "HYUNWOO IS A MIND READER! YOU PABO!" Namjoon hyung pointed at him and doubles over in laughter.

"AISH I FORGOT!" He threw his hands up in surrender and I walked forward, "I'll give you one more chance oppa." He thought hard and said something that almost made everyone faint, "SO JUNGHA I CHOOSE YOU." He shouted confidently and pointed her out.

"PARK JIMIN?!?" Yoongi oppa cried and we all laughed till some of us rolled on the floor uncontrollably.

---

With Jimin oppa's dumb careful choices, we proceeded with the game since there was no need to play anymore. Hyun Jin passed us the volleyball and wished us good luck before blowing the whistle, signalling the official start of the match. I let out a puff of air to calm down before throwing the ball up high and served a powerful ball over the net, Jimin oppa was the first to react as he dashed forward to dig the ball up. "MINE!" Jongin oppa shouted and set the ball high up for Tao oppa, who sent a powerful spike over and I was surprised the ball didn't burst on impact.

"I GOT IT!" Hyunwoo reacted first and set the ball up towards Minho oppa, he easily dug the ball and it was a perfect height for Jungha to spike the ball over, but not before she shouted, "OH MY GOD YOUR PANTS!" while pointing towards Tao oppa. He looked down and got distracted, resulting in the first win for the vampires! "ONE FOR TEAM CRESCENTMOON!" (that's us) "WHAT'S WITH MY PANTS?!" Tao oppa looked around and Jungha smirked and put her hands on her waist, she shrugged and said, "They look cute." and he groaned in frustration.


V's POV.

"AIGOO HYUNG!" That's one for the vampires and obviously not a good sign. I growled lowly as I threw the ball up in the air and aimed for Youngjae hyung, he reacted the minute the ball was out and reached his hands out to set the ball up mid air as Sungjong hyung appeared in lightening speed near him, "HERE!" He dug the ball towards Jae and she jumped up and spiked it as hard as she could over the net. I dashed forward, giving the ball no chance the reach the ground and dug it behind me where Sehun hyung was, and he set it up with ease towards Yoongi hyung who jumped with his legs trained by many years of basketball and spiked the ball, sending it strongly towards the other side.

However, the most unexpected thing happened as the ball stopped mid air and a piece of something shot out nowhere and pulled the ball towards the back, into the forest. Soon, another piece of, whatever that is, shot out and grabbed the leftover food and it disappeared again. "What the heck..?" Sehun hyung muttered. All the wolves' head whipped towards the forest and we sniffed the air and sneezed at the strong smell that attacked my nose. I looked back at Jae and she looked into my eyes, "Arachne." I looked at the other wolves and they all nodded in reassurance.

"What? An arachne? Here?" Youngjae hyung questioned and he shook his head. "No way, arachnes cannot survive in such a small forest. They live in large forests because these small ones simply cannot sustain them." I turned towards him, "Our noses can't be- HYUNG!" That white, translucent piece of thing, which I assume is its web, wrapped itself around Jonghyun hyung and dragged him back. Jonghyun hyung bared his fangs and was about to bite when Youngjae hyung screamed, "HYUNG IT'S POISON! DO NOT!" before Jonghyun hyung totally disappeared.

"NO OPPA!" I heard Jae tranform into a giant beautiful bat and started to fly towards the forest but I jumped up and pulled her back with my werewolf strength, she turned around and shrieked, I winced because my sensitive ears were stinging with that high pitched voice, "JAE WE NEED A PLAN! CALM DOWN!" She dropped down and landed on her feet easily while transforming back. "BUT- Oppa..." She wimpered and Jongdae hyung stepped forward, "Arachnes won't eat life prey. We have a bit of time." By then, everyone has gathered around and Jae has calmed down and started to think of a plan.


Your POV.

I felt the palpitation of my heart and I could hear it ringing in my ears because of how nervous I was. Tae found my hand and squeezed it before planting a short kiss on my forehead and I felt myself calm down instantly, "We can do this together okay? Don't worry." He looked at me with his sincere eyes, it's hard not to believe him but I can't find my voice at the moment so I simply nodded but I know he understands.

We've split up into teams now to locate the arachne and it's not hard because the forest is really small, found it, walk forward from the mud pile and it's hiding in the cave, we'll wait for you outside it, be extra quiet. I got the message from Baekhyun oppa. How is Jjong oppa? I answer back immeditely with hybrid senses. He's fine, heartbeating extra slow but fine, can't seem to reach his mind though, the arachne must have wrapped him up already. Oh my gosh. I looked at Tae and he got the message too, he tranformed into a wolf and I shifted into a bat and flew swiftly towards the cave, as quietly as possible. We're definitely more quiet, alert and faster in animal form.

In no time, we reached the cave and a loud rumble came from it as I heard Jonghyun oppa's muffled scream and my heart broke, but at least he's still alive. Suddenly, the ground shook and loud stomping sounds can be heard as we all dodged and hid behind bushes to camouflage. What I saw made my blood freeze cold and I run cold by vampire blood so that says a lot. Three more arachnes crawled into the cave and we all realized that we have to face 4 arachnes in total.

They were big, black and hideous looking, don't believe in the eight-eyes bull, arachnes have 42 eyes in total, all around their head and 6 fangs dripping in poison that is lethal to many creatures, if that sinks into Jonghyun oppa all at once, he's not going to survive. Change of plans, original is not going to work with four, but just listen to me and trust me please? I asked, unsure of what they'll think. Jonghyun oppa can't wait for long. Jae we always trust you. They all chorused and I almost cry with pride and warmth bubbling in me but that'll have to wait.

Alright, wolves I need all of you to howl as loud as possible to lure them out of the cave. 3, 2, 1. They all changed into giant wolves and howled as loud as they can while stretching out their bones and flesh, adapting to the change. Almost immediately, the grounds trembled as the first arachne showed itself then the second, RUN! RUN TO AN OPEN SPACE. Half the wolves immediately took off and ran with all their might to the picnic space and once the arachnes are exposed, their wrath was overflowing as they start shooting poisoned webs at the wolves and tried to bite them but the wolves were too fast for them to reach. INFINITE oppas, follow them and attack! The wolves will distract and let the vampires attak with their power and DO NOT touch the arachnes, thay are covered in poison. They immediately flew off to provide reinforcement. Sunggyu oppa you're in charge there, let the wolves run north then east, catch them, don't let them get hurt. You'll understand the plan when you're there.

 


Sunggyu's POV.

*Snarl* I heard Jimin  as an arachne's leg was moving dangerously close to him and I swiped the air with my hands and immediately, that leg was sweeped to the left and Jimin ran away. I remembered Jae-na's plan and it all clicked. Wolves, run north and we will attack from the back! I shouted through hybrid sense and they all started running north, the arachnes followed them and Dongwoo sent a fire ball out, Myunsoo sent a water ball and Howon sent an ice ball, the three elements fused together and went straight for the arachne's head and with a loud blood curdling shriek, it dropped down and convulsed on the ground, Sungjong has Woohyun on his back as he dashed and jumped up, Woohyun whipped out a dagger and plunged it deep into the arachne's heart before it disappeared into ash, that's one down. 

Run East now! I will catch you right at the drop off. They all ran without question and I was touched at how much trust there was between us now, they took a final leap at the drop off and I caught them with telekinesis, the arachne followed and was not able to react before rolling off the cliff and burst into black ash at the end. Two down. I quickly let them down on the ground and they all stabilised themselves before we rushed back and saw something I really did not want to see.

A segment of the arachne's leg was ed deep into Jonghyun's abdomen.


Author's Corner:

PLEASE OMG NOT JONGHYUN T.T Will Jonghyun be alright?

I hope this chapter was good for you guys! It's a fast update and quite a long one I guess? Tell me what you think about it in the comment section below and do take a second to subscribe and join the family! You leave me your name and we can all get to know each other ^^ If I'm confusing you all with anything please feel free to ask questions too!

Thank you all so so much and I'll see you when I do. Take care loves!:)

 

With love,

Janice. xx