Chapter 11

Make me believe you. (HIATUS)

Your POV.

"Divine," The Rabid said, "Absolutely amazing!" She laughed sacarstically before grabbing my father.

"NO!" I rushed forward but got held back by a piece of the wooden ceiling tumbling down, catching fire.

"J-Jae-na..." I heard my mother's weak cry. I ran over to her and wiped her tear away.

"Umma, please hang in there." I held onto her neck as more bright red blood came oozing out.

"Don't worry, it'll be fast this time." The Rabid smirked and sank his teeth into my father's neck.

"ANDWAE APPA!" I shouted at the top of lungs.

--------------

"NO!" I opened my eyes and shot up.

I looked around and realised that I was back in my room. I covered my face as I panted.

"JAE! Gwenchana? Why did you scream? Did you have a nightmare?" Taehyung dashed into my room and sat on my bed, he cupped my cheeks and wiped the perspiration off my face. He continuously looked around my face, as if trying to see if I was hurt, his face evident of worry.

"Are you hurt somewhere? Are you hungry? Do you need water?" He asked me again.

I chuckled a little and shook my head.

"It's fine Taehyung. I'm okay." I gave him a weak smile.

"EGUMEONINA URI DONGSAENG!" I heard someone shriek.

Kibum oppa. He ran into my room and jumped onto my bed, all my other brothers rushing in one after another, crowding around my bed with looks of apprehension all over their face.

"Oppa oppa, calm down I'm fine. Just a little exhausted." I reassured them.

"So mind telling us why Taehyung here has to carry you home?" Howon oppa crossed his arms.

"Your face was so pale! Like we're already naturally pale because we're vampires but when you came in, you took it to a whole new level!" Junhong exclaimed.

"Taehyung didn't tell you guys?" I looked at him.

"Nope, I thought you'd want to tell them yourself." I gave him a light smile which was supposed to mean thanks.

"Well... Basically, I killed a Rabid." I tried to say it as calmly as possible.

"Oh that's it you killed a- WHAT?!" Jinki oppa widened his eyes.

"Im Jae-na! You killed a Rabid?!" Yongguk oppa asked again.

"Yup." I said while popping the 'p'.

"Omona I'm going to faint somebody hold me." Dongwoo oppa acted dramatically, "Do you know that you could've gotten killed? Why didn't you just call the R.Ks?"

"It was too sudden, I couldn't react! Plus she was almost going to kill Taehyung!" I raised my voice a little as my blood started to boil a little.

"What? How in the world? Tell us the whole thing." Sungyeol oppa said.

I nodded and started filling them in about how Taehyung left to find me food to when I saw the Rabid place her fangs on Taehyung to the part when I killed her. They nodded as I went along and remained silent throughout.

"Jae-na-ah, you have to control yourself more. I know it's hard for you but you could've easily gotten hurt." Minho oppa said and ruffled his hair.

"We all know how much you hate them and why that word set you off but please Jae-na, you're not always so lucky." Myungsoo oppa added.

"They're too dangerous and unpredictable-" Jongup oppa sighed but got cut off.

"Wait wait wait hold on. Can someone tell me why do you hate them so much? I mean of course they're bad and all but you should've seen your face when you finished the Rabid off, it was horrifying Jae. And what word?" Taehyung asked with confusion written all over his face.

I sighed and took a deep breath before looking at my brothers. They all gave me encouranging nods and I started to speak.

"Well, Taehyung you do know that we're all orphans right?" I asked and Taehyung nodded once.

"My parents were killed by Rabids." I looked at him and clenched my blanket tighter. His eyes widened as he reached out to hold my hand.

"Jae you don't have to-"

"No. Let me finish." I took a deep breath and sighed, "It was about 9 years ago when I was 8. My mother was teaching me something and my father was reading newspapers in the living room. Everything was perfect, but probably too perfect." I apused for awhile. "Suddenly, there was a huge explosion sound and our house immediately caught fire. In the mess, a Rabid appeared quickly and yanked umma away from me in lightning speed. Right infront of me, she bit my mum and all the life out of her while I stood there, frozen in fear."

"MIN YOUNG!" My father cried out.

"Next shall be your father!" He said, then ran to the living room, my father put up quite a fight but being healers, we can't use our powers to our advantage at this point.

"APPA! UMMA!" I cried and crawled over to my mother lying lifelessly on the floor. I gathered all my energy and warm orange glow surrounded my mum, but the glow died out immediately because I wasn't strong enough.

"That won't help anything little one, she's as good as dead." The Rabid smirked, "It's a pity you never tried vampire blood."

"Divine," The Rabid said, "Absolutely amazing!" He laughed sacarstically before grabbing my father.

"NO!" I rushed forward but got held back by a piece of the wooden ceiling tumbling down, catching fire.

"J-Jae-na..." I heard my mother's weak cry. I ran over to her and wiped her tear away.

"Umma, please hang in there." I held onto her neck as more bright red blood came oozing out.

"Don't worry, it'll be fast this time." The Rabid smirked and sank his teeth into my father's neck.

"ANDWAE APPA!" I shouted at the top of lungs.

By this time, I was in tears as I struggled to go on. Taehyung shook his head, "It's alright Jae, don't say anymore."

"Don't worry Taehyung, here's where I saw hope." I looked at him and then at my brothers.

"We were on our way back from school when we noticed a house engulfed in flames," Jonghyun oppa helped me continue. "And us being young and reckless teenagers ran over and decided to see what we can do." Himchan oppa added. "We rushed there and of course the first thing I did was run in to see if anyone was inside and of course, I saw my baby sister inside crying her eyes out with a guy inching towards her slowly." Taemin oppa added.

"Howon hyung!" I heard someone shout outside my house and that made the man stop moving. Then in 5 seconds, a huge water current came rushing in, I was prepared to get drowned but another pair of hands reached in through the side window and pulled me out of the house just in time. The fire was put out and I looked up at whoever was carrying me, "Don't worry, we'll get you out and destroy the bad guy inside." I just nodded as he carried me in his arms.

He set me down once all the guys went into my house, surrounding the Rabid. "Fancy breaking into a house just like that, you ." Muttered a guy with big eyes (Sungjong) "And now, we'll destroy you." He pointed at the Rabid sprawled onto the ground. "Taemin, cover her eyes-" Instructructed a guy called Himchan. "Aniyo. I want to see it." I muttered coldly, emotionlessly. They all looked at me and shrugged. I have to see you die, just like how you killed my parents.

"Gawi-bawi-bo!" They played scissors paper stone to see who shall kill the Rabid. I held on tight to the boy called Taemin as another boy with the name of Daehyun stepped up and go behind the Rabid with no more energy left. "No... Please don't, give me a chnace to live." Daehyun scoffed and retorted coldly, "Then who will give this girl a chance? She saw you kill her parents you jerk, now you die. Rabids like you shouldn't exist." Then he twisted the Rabid's head and dislocated it from its body, the Rabid letting out a blood-curdling scream. "Done." I gasped in shock as blood splattered all over him, he dialled a number and within seconds, two man dressed in black came with two bags, they put the Rabids body in one, head in another, then snapped his fingers to clean the blood away, he thanked Daehyun, and left as fast as they came.

Then, all the boys crowded around me, "Nae ireumeun Lee Jinki imnida. Ireumi mwoya? (My name is Lee Jinki, what's yours?)" A boy with one of the most gentle smiles I've ever seen asked, "Nae ireumeun... Im Jae-na imnida." Then I burst out crying into his strong arms. "We'll bring you to Empire okay?" I weakly nodded as I looked back at my broken house and let out another round of wails.

"And that is the life story of Im Jae-na." I smiled weakly.

"Omo..." Taehyung stood up and wrapped his arms around me. I widened my eyes in surprise as he pulled away and wiped off the tears on my face.

"Jae-ah, I promise you, as long as I'm alive, I'm not letting another Rabid near you again. I'll protect you with my life." Taehyung looked at me seriously. I could sense all my brothers smiling and nodding their heads in a he's-definitely-a-keeper way.

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWW." All 18 of them chorused as we started to burst out in laughter.

Even though recalling that was like tearing open an old wound all over again, I was glad that even though that happened, 18 of my precious brothers appeared in my life, they gave me the best and tried all their means to make sure I know that I was their dear little sister, and that I got to meet this idiotic wolf. Thank you, Tae.


Author's Corner:

BARARARARARA! Well well, that's a filler chapter for you guys about how Jae-na became an orphan and why she hates that word. Those mean Rabids >:( Anyaysss, hope you liked this chapter and do make sure to subscribe and don't be silent reader! Share your thoughts with me and leave me lots of comments! I'll see you guys soon!

-Janice. xx