Chapter 16

Make me believe you. (HIATUS)

RECAP:

"Oppa hang in there!" I said anxiously, "Don't worry Jae-na, oppa's okay." Yongguk oppa tried to calm me down but I shook my head and tears started to well in my eyes, bullet wounds are so much harder to heal than normal wounds. I focused my energy on the wound and tried to take it out but all of a sudden, "JAE BE CAREFUL!" I looked up and saw a soldier pointing his gun right at my heart, but before I could react,

*BANG!*

"Argh!"


Your POV.

When that shot fired, I felt my whole world spin and plunge into darkness. Everything around me became slow and blur, the gunshot still echoing in my ear. I couldn't move or talk, I felt tears well up in my eyes as my heart broke into a million pieces.

"T-Tae...?" I whispered as he fell onto the ground with a thud, motionless.

I was so lost and all that came into my mind was,

Heart

Shot

Bang.

Sungyeol oppa reacted first, he grabbed Yongguk oppa away from me and the other oppas dashed forward with all their might, tearing that human into pieces within seconds, amongst everything, I scrambled over to Tae trembling in fear and anger, I was so lost. I held onto Tae's body as my tears started to fall. "Kim Taehyung." I mumbled as I tried my best to focus my energy but as soon as I closed my eyes, I see him laying down there breathless. 

"ARGH!" I bawled out as I shoook my head and cleared my head, "IM JAE-NA!" I shouted at myself as I tried to calm down and re-focus my energy. I took a deep breath as I closed my eyes tightly, beads of perpiration rolling down my forehead, mixing with all my tears of absolute sadness. The orange glow finally shone as I tried to shift the ball of energy towards his heart and used even more energy as the ball turned red, I saw strands of pure energy reached into Tae's body as I tried to locate the damn bullet. I have no time to lose anymore.

I located the bullet and slowly pulled it out as blood started to ooz out of the wound and Tae was coughing out blood profusely. I shut my eyes and with one last burst of energy, I pulled the bullet out threw it aside. Now, the wound. I focused all my remaining energy left towards the open wound and closed my eyes.

I heard that you're settled down
That you found a boy and you're married now
I heard that your dreams came true
Guess he gave you things I didn't give to you

Old friend, why are you so shy?
Ain't like you to hold back or hide from the ligh

I hate to turn up out of the blue, uninvited
But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it
I had hoped you'd see my face and that you'd be reminded
That for me, it isn't over

Never mind, I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best for you, too
Don't forget me, I beg, I remember you said
Sometimes it lasts in love, but sometimes it hurts instead
Sometimes it lasts in love, but sometimes it hurts instead

This song echoed in my head, the song he sang for me. I felt my heart calmed down a little and I opened up my eyes, the external wound has healed and thank goodness the bullet only brushed past the heart and did not actually hit the heart, otherwise, I would have lost him. The internal wound has to heal by itself now and I really have no idea how long it'll take for him to wake up. I brushed away the hair that was covering his face and admired the beauty of him. "Why are you so silly? You could've died you pabo..." I mumbled to myself.

"He did it because he loves you Jae-na." I looked up in shock as I saw Howon oppa, look down at me with a pair of warm eyes, and that was when I realised I was still in the middle of a battleground! "Don't worry, all 500 of them are dead." Namjoon oppa assured me. I looked down and sighed deeply and suddenly felt faint. "Yah Jae-na!" A strong pair of arms held me up and I could recognise them as Jimin oppa's, "You're tired Jae, you used up all your energy on him." Sungyeol oppa added. I looked up at all the oppas and was relieved when I saw that they had no injuries at all, and that Sungyeol had already healed at the bullet wounds.

"I caused this oppa, nothing would have happened if I wasn't there at that moment!" I cried out and stared at all the oppas surrounding me, "I could've caused his death..." I his hair and caressed his face. "Jae-na, Taehyung did this because he loves you and look, you healed him as well didn't you?" Jinki oppa tried to calm me down. "Jae-na, Taehyung will not regret his decision, if this situation would have happened again, he will still be the first one to dash out there to save you." Yifan oppa ruffled my hair.

I shook my head and looked at taehyung lying on my lap peacefully as though nothing had happened, "I-I almost lost him today oppa... The bullet was this close, I-", I felt Jonghyun oppa hug me, "Shh... Let the nightmare be over." He patted my back and hummed my favourite song to me as closed my eyes and fell asleep. Tae, please be fine.

---

I opened my eyes to a pitch black room and my eyes adjusted quickly to the dark and cool room. I reached over to my side table and felt for my phone, I found it and pressed the home button to check for the time. The screen lit up brightly in contrast to the dark room and I had to squint my eyes and shifted the brightness of the phone. 3:54am. I sighed and looked at my lockscreen wallpaper.

BvuuiXvCAAIZj2L.jpg

**FLASHBACK**

"Jae, lend me your phone." I looked weirdly at Tae but still did as told. I held my churro in one hand and fished out my handphone in the other. "What are you going to do?" I asked curiously but he just asked me to turn in front and walk. I rolled my eyes and chuckled as I turned around and walked away. Minutes later, he caught up with me and returned my phone to me, I pressed my homescreen button and his picture was there. "Really?" I laughed as he stuck his tongue out and kissed me on the cheek.

I sighed for like the upteenth time as I put my phone back onto the bedside table. I reached for my necklace and pulled it out. I ran my fingers over the words engraved there over and over again. T-A-E. Everything suddenly felt peaceful as tears welled up in my eyes but I quickly blinked them away. Why am I caring so much for this wolf now? Is something happening to me?

 



Author's corner:

Sorry for such a short chapter! >< But I hope I surprised you with this. BUT TAEHYUNG GOT SHOT URGHHH JINJJA?!! How dare you humans?!

Anywayyss, I hope you guys liked this chaoter and more updates will be coming soon! In the mean time, do leave me lots of comments and do subscribe to joing the little family!^^ See ya'all soon!

 

With love,

Janice. xx