Happy Birthday Two You, Three?

Last Descendants

Chapter VII: Happy Birthday Two You, Three?

Sari remembered that it's nearing the end in the month of March and before that, it's her cousin's birthday. She decided to go first and left him behind in the school which perplexed her cousin. But he just shrugged it off and went first to go home in their apartment.

Sari ran all the way to the exit when the visual blocked the pathway which she nearly crashed into him.

"Really? Are you trying to kill me again?" She halted and exasperated.

"What?" He looked at her in disbelief. "You're the one who is not being careful. I was just standing here waiting for my friends."

"But you suddenly blocked my way freaktard." Sari has gotten annoyed so she gave him a new nickname.

"From Jerk to Freaktard?! I thought we're friends already. But what the hell? Freaktard, really?" Myungsoo shrilled.

"It's a mix of freak and retard. It suits you. Don't worry we're still friends." She snickered and when she muttered the word 'friend', it felt all foreign to her but it felt nice to say it. Then, she suddenly remembered she has to do something. "Oh yeah, gotta run."

"Wait here missy. You're not going anywhere after what you have called me." He grabbed her arm before she takes off.

"And what do you want for me to do?" She gloomed and Myungsoo grinned at the thought.

"I have to go with you wherever you will go and on what business you have to do." He suggested and Sari looked at him on are-you-serious look.

"You cannot just leave your friends, right?" She raised a brow at him.

"I'll just text them." He grinned.

"I don't have time for this." She sighed, "Gaja."

"Assa~" He whistled victoriously.

 

On their way to a shopping district, Myungsoo texted his group of friends and then asked Sari a question on what business does she have to do here.

"Buying a gift for my couz. Since you're here, what do guys want?" Sari replied and asked him back.

"Is it his birthday?" He asked as he put his phone in his pockets.

"Yeah but it is still on the 28th."

"Hey my birthday was on the 13th. How come I don't have a gift?" He pouted.

"I just met you and I barely know you." She said as a matter of fact. "Wait, you haven't answered my question."

Myungsoo contemplated for a while and snapped his fingers.

"Food!!" He answered and she became dumbfounded on his answer.

Her face draw to a blank expression and he saw it. Sari smacked at the back of his head.

"Of course, everybody loves food." She groaned. "It's no use bringing you here."

"Then I'll be happy if you give me food as a gift." He thought happily.

"Are you serious, freaktard?" She grumbled.

"Please quit calling me freaktard, Miss Icy." He retorted back.

She just kept quiet this time to stop this childish arguement. Then he started a conversation again.

"Then tell me what he likes mostly when you're with him." He said still rubbing his head from pain awhile ago.

Sari rubbed her chin in thought and lit up when she suddenly thought a great gift for her cousin.

"He likes purple a lot. A cap or hoodie would be great." She happily thought then she suddenly grabbed Myungsoo's hand. He felt surprised at the sudden contact and his face became flustered unknowingly. At the back of his mind, he is dancing joyously.

"Let's go. You have to know the way for a good place to buy those. I'll buy you food later." She promised and he felt stunned at her sudden proposition to him.

He shook his head, You're so unpredictable but I like it.

 

"Here we are. And I know someone in here, maybe he could give us a discount." Both of you stood in front of the extravagant-looking place, Sari felt something off about it.

"Isn't it look like expensive?" She asked him.

"Not for me." He took her hands unknowingly and led her inside. "Let's go in."

Once they were inside, an assisstant came to them and he recognized Myungsoo.

"Hey, long time no see." The man greeted him and then he glanced up to Sari. "I didn't know you have a girlfriend, Myungsoo. She is really pretty." He grinned knowingly.

"Girlfriend?" Myungsoo asked and just noticed the intertwined hands with Sari. He broke of the contact and she just looked at him in confusion. Oh how innocent can she be.

"S-she's not my girlfriend. Just a friend." He stuttered and the man chuckled at the sight.

"I seeee. If you say so." He is still laughing.

"Geez, I just want to show her what she can buy here for her cousin." Myungsoo sighed.

The man stopped laughing and he showed Sari the way.

"This way ma'am." The man led Sari to the hoodies section.

As they made their way there, she quickly browse and saw a purple color hoodie with a design of katanas in clash at the back of it. Her face plastered in glee and Myungsoo stared at the sight before him. The man smiled at the so called couple.

Sari breathed out a sigh of relief when she saw the price tag, her budget is enough to buy it.

 

After purchasing the item and wrapping it in a gift wrapper, Sari and Myungsoo made their way out and decided to eat dinner. She suddenly remembered her eye transformation so she suddenly took out her sealing eye patch and covered her right eye. He saw it and asked in curiosity.

"Why do you cover your eye like that? Did something happen?" He asked but with a hint of worry.

"Nothing, it's just a need to cover it, my right eye is very sensitive. Don't worry." She cannot just disclose her true identity from him so she just find a good excuse.

"Ok, if you say so." He just shrugged it off.

"By the way, what do you want to eat?" She asked him and he felt something simple.

"Ramyeon." He answered simply and Sari just know the place.

"I know a place to go. Come on." She ushered him to follow her and he just complied.

 

Both of them stopped at their tracks and arrived at the small ramyeon restaurant. Sari opened the door and went in as well as Myungsoo.

"This place is pretty cozy and peaceful." He commented. "I like it. I might come here frequently."

"I know, right? And also, my home is near from here." She took the menu folder and browse on what to eat.

"Oh really? Where?" He asked wanting to know.

"Not gonna tell you. Why would you wanna know?" She closed the menu folder and asked the waiter.

"Nothing, I just want to disturb you." He also closed the menu folder and mentally noted on what he is gonna order.

"Freaktard stalker." She teased.

"Oh shut up."

 

After eating dinner with full of arguments that they throw each other, Sari decide to head now for her part time job and Myungsoo offered to walk her on the way there.

"No thanks, I can manage." She said and waved at him good bye.

"I don't think so. You're a girl and it's night already." He suddenly remembered the incident last time when she bled awfully at the library. He flinched at the thought.

Sari carefully thought about it and just nodded. They are now walking side by side on their way to the work.

 

As they arrived at the cafe', Sari thanked and bowed at him. That made Myungsoo felt surprised at her unpredictable actions. When did she get so nice all of a sudden? He thought.

"Thanks for everything." She opened the door to the cafe' and entered the premises when Myungsoo walked with her too.

"I thought you're going already." She said irritated but Myungsoo didn't bother by it.

"I feel having coffee." He smirked at her and she just walked it off. "Fine, do what you want."

"Wow, what a change of attitude." He muttered silently.

 

When Sari arrived at the lockers, she texted her cousin that she arrived at her work. Then Amber appeared out of nowehere, "Hey Sari, who's the guy?" She comfortably slung her arm around Sari.

"What guy?" She asked and Amber scoffed.

"Don't play innocent with me." She remove her arm around Sari and pointed at the visual.

"Oh him, a friend." Sari replied coolly.

"Oh, I thought he is your boyfriend. For real." Amber said disappointedly.

Sari laughed, "Sorry for disappointing you." She already changed into her uniform and got out with Amber to the working place.

 

She took over the shift and Myungsoo threw a knowing smile at her. She grumbled under her breath. Such a pain. 

She greeted first the manager, to Gikwang and Yoseob.

"Hi Sari! I missed you." Yoseob greeted her and she shook her head at his silliness.

"I just saw you yesterday." She laughed and Gikwang melted at the sound.

"I don't care. I just missed you." He ruffled her hair.

"Hey stop it."

Suddenly, Gikwang felt envious at the sight before him. He awkwardly coughed.

"Um, the customers are waiting Sari." He eyesmiled at her and she nodded.

She glanced up at Myungsoo and saw him boring his eyes at her. She tilted her head in confusion. She walked up to him and took his order.

"What do you want, Sir?" She decided not to smile at him since she knows him.

"Who are they?" He glanced Sari back to the workers.

"They are my co-workers. Isn't it obvious?" Sari replied sarcastically.

"I mean, who are you to them?" He felt irritated at the moment and that made Sari perplexed at his behavior.

"My friends. So what to order?" She suddenly felt irritated at some point.

"One Iced Cafe' Americano. Grande' sized." He said as she took her order. After taking it down Myungsoo held her arm again that halted her in her step.

"What now?" She groaned. As she glanced up to him, his face showed a mixed of emotion that Sari couldn't pinpoint.

"Are you ok?" She asked him and Myungsoo snapped out from his daze.

He didn't know why he did that. He just did it involuntarily.

"N-nothing. I'm sorry." He broke the contact and put his hands down from her arm.

"Ok, if you say so." Sari went first and gave the order to Gikwang.

"Why did you take too long taking order from him?" He asked feeling jealous.

"Well, he just wanted to say something." She said and gave him the order.

"Ok." He started making the coffee. At some point, he felt relieved.

Sari suddenly added, "Don't tell me you thought he is my boyfriend. He is not, ok?" She sighed.

"Please just stop assuming everything." She muttered under her breath for her only to hear.

 

Myungsoo texted the guys inviting them over that he is in a cafe' where Sari is working. Speaking of her, Sari arrived to where he is at and set down his order.

"Here you go, one iced cafe' americano. Grande' sized." She put it down on the circular wooden table.

"By the way, belated happy birthday." She smiled at him and Myungsoo didn't expect it as his heart started thumping wildly. She isn't miss icy.

"T-thanks." He caught off guard and stuttered at his speech. He quickly took his americano and sipping it at incredibly fast rate. Sari knotted her brows at his weird actions but shrugged it off. She walked off and went beside to Gikwang, who seems busy at the moment.

"Do you need help?" She offered but he shook his head. "Nope, thanks by the way." He eyesmiled at her.

"Well, if you say so. Just call me, if you need a hand."

"Ok, I will." He replied still focused on his task when the bubbly person interrupted him.

"Hey Gikwang, what do you want for your birthday?" Yoseob asked him and he stopped after he finished what he is doing.

Sari heard the guys and asked him, "It's your birthday too?"

"My cousin is on the 28th and that guy over there was on the 13th. And now you on the..." She trailed and looked at him.

"The 30th." He chuckled that he found it hilarious when Sari made a big deal out of it.

"Whoa, many people are born in this month huh?" She thought and blinked twice innocently at them.

"Well, advance happy birthday then." Sari greeted and he thanked her.

"I hope to have a gift on my day, Sari." He mischievously grinned at her, she didn't notice it.

"We'll see." She became deep in thought. Gikwang just laughed at her. He just thought she is adorable.

Yoseob watched the two interact and smiled knowingly at Gikwang who is still staring at the girl making her way to the incoming customer.

"Oh, so you like her huh, Kiki?" Yoseob grinned at the lovestruck looking guy and just nodded unknowingly but he snapped out and quickly shook his head.

"N-no, what made you think that?!" He squeaked. 

Yoseob had a hearty laugh at his friend's actions.

"You just nodded. Why still in denial?" He was now clutching his stomach.

Gikwang just grumbled under his breath. Then another co-worker appeared after she finished doing her task.

"My ears are tingling." She sang and gave Yoseob a high-five.

"Don't worry we will keep it a secret." Amber added, stifling a laugh as she made her way back to her work.

 

Before Sari's shift ends, she texted her cousin that she will be making her way to his workplace and fetch him. But before that, a group of rowdy people entered the cafe'.

She decided to look on who because the loudness kind of ticked her off.

As she saw who are they, she pinched the bridge of her nose and gritted her teeth in annoyance.

She glanced at the big fancy clock and there are still 10 minutes left before her shift ends, unfortunately.

She took her pad and made her way to the noisy group.

As she is making her way to them, the  group looked at them.

"May I take your orders?" She asked monotonously as she readied her pen  and pad.

"Why are you still like this to us? You're making us feel guilty and sad." Sungjong pouted and he saw the eye patch she is wearing right now.

"What happened to your eye?"

"Something stabbed me." She sarcastically replied but he didn't got the point. So he just nodded.

But Myungsoo stifled a laugh.

"You have to be careful next time." Sunggyu reminded her and she just nodded.

"Don't be such a downer Sari." Sungyeol added and Woohyun just covered harshly his mouth.

"How did you know my name?" She asked bewildered and she glanced at Woohyun.

"Ahaha, I just told them about you." He nervously laughed and Dongwoo commented, "Because you're awesome."

He grinned from ear to ear and she smiled at him.

"Thanks." She gratefully said and that caught them off guard. 

She just smiled. The Infinite thought in unison in perfect synchronization and the group became flustered.

"Why are you all red? Nevermind, orders? My shift's gonna end soon." She snapped them out of their trance and said their orders.

Before Sari took off, Woohyun said something to her, "After your shift ends, join us and along with your cousin too." 

Sari thought about it for a minute and she agreed, her cousin might love it.

"Sure. I'll be back in a jiffy."

 

Her shift ends and she took the things she bought and bid her goodbye to her co-workers but something was off about them.

"Why are you smiling creepily at me?" Sari tilted her head in confusion and Gikwang slapped the two on their backs, Yoseob and Amber.

"Nothing." Gikwang said and bid her good bye. The two just coughed at the strong impact.

Sari sweatdropped, "Oookkay."

 

She then now made her way to where Infinite are and sat between Woohyun and Myungsoo. She first texted her cousin.

"Soooo, tell us about yourself Sari since you are here with us." Sungyeol inititated the conversation and the group stared intently at Sari but she isn't bothered by it. Woohyun and Myungsoo had the most focus.

"Nothing's about me. Nothing interesting to know off." Sari said and the Sungjong pouted.

"You're no fun, noona."

"Well, let's make it easy." Dongwoo suggested.

"Like a slam book." Woohyun added, "What's your favorite color?"

"Blue especially Navy and Sky blue." She replied without a second thought. The two mentally noted.

"How about pink?" Sungjong asked but Sari made a disgusted face.

"It's too girly and princessy. I don't like it." She commented.

"I figure you're no like other girls." Myungsoo said as he sipped his iced americano. "Favorite movie?"

"I love animation movies the most."

Myungsoo laughed at her answer.

"See? You're just a kid." Sari slapped him hard on his arm. "Ouch!!"

Woohyun saw them and felt inside him stirring strange emotion.

"Animation movies are not that bad." Dongwoo said. Sari brought her hand up for a high five with Dongwoo and he caught it. Now the two felt jealous, Sunggyu and Sungyeol snickered at the scene before them.

"Favorite music?" Woohyun disturbed and Sari thought for a few seconds.

"J-rock and instrumental music." She replied.

"How about k-pop? Don't you like it?" Sunggyu asked and she shook her head, "Not so much. J-rock holds a lot of meaning in life and k-pop are more of love songs, either good or bad."

The group nodded in unison.

"Then I will be singing j-rock from now on." Woohyun muttered under his breath only for him to hear.

Suddenly, her cousin showed up later on.

"Hoya!!" She gleefully greeted her cousin as she stood up from her seat and hugged her cousin out of the blue that made the Infinite felt jealous of him.

"Woah there Sari." He hugged her back and the two boiled from jealousy. "What's gotten into you? It's so unlike you."

"Nothing I missed you." Then Sari took out her gift for him. "Advance happy birthday couz!!"

Hoya widened his eyes in surprise and took the gift from her hands.

"Thanks so much Sari. You never have to do that. Your presence is enough for me." He rubbed at the back of his head in embarassment.

Sari slapped his arm too hard and he bent down in pain, "You're so cheesy." She laughed happily.

"Oh it's your cousin's birthday?" Dongwoo interrupted and greeted him, "Happy birthday man."

"Thanks." The two manly hugged at each other, then one by one greeted him.

Then Woohyun whispered to Sari, "Hey it was my birthday too."

"Oh? When?" She asked forming an 'o' shaped of .

"February 8th." He smiled sheepishly and earned a smack from Sari, but he fortunately  avoided it. He knows how brutal her attacks are.

"Geez."

 

The group and the cousins sat and conversed a lot of things but then someone asked the two why they have their eyepatches on that made the group stared at them in bewilderment.

"Kind of a cousin thing for us." Hoya laughed nervously and Sari nodded in agreement.

"I kind of not believeing that for the second time." Sungjong sighed and attempted to remove Sari's eyepatch.

Hoya alerted at the incoming attack and held his wrist in time.

"I don't think that's a good idea." Hoya glared at him for a second but that made Sungjong yelped.

"Woah, chill man." Dongwoo calmed Hoya down. Sari patted his back.

"S-sorry." He apologized and Sungjong nodded, "It's fine. I'm sorry for doing that to you Sari."

"No worries. My cousin is just overprotective." Sari said and added, "But don't get on his bad side or you might get killed, literally."

The two male gulped. This is gonna be harder than I thought.


Author's note: I'm sorry for the late update. At least I updated right? Please comment and subscribe. Happy Holidays!