Not again

Last Descendants

Chapter IV: Not again

 

"Your beautiful waist!" Hoya flailed his arms in the air and clutched his head.

"It's ruined!!" He added exaggerating.

Sari smacked him on the head to take him back to reality.

"You're over reacting! It's just a freaking wound you psychouz!"

Hoya rubbed at the back of his head.

"B-but..."

"Don't mind it, as long as I'm alive. I don't have time to manage myself."

Hoya pouted but smiled, "You're right. As long as you're alive"

Sari just shook her head and flicked his forehead.

"Stop the drama and fix me up will you?"

"Yes ma'am." He complied.

He started cleaning up the blood stains and re-stitched the wound. Sari endured the pain while doing the process.

 

After doing so, they have eaten already as they sat in front of each other at the dining table. When the clock struck evening their eyes have started the transformation. They took out their eyepatches on wore it over their right eyes.

Sari started the conversation regarding yesterday's incident.

"What do you think about the incident last time?"

Hoya rubbed his chin in thought, "He's no ordinary enemy."

"What makes you think he's not?" She questioned confused as to why it is.

"That mask and that kunai he threw at us." Hoya crossed his arms and closed his eyes in thought.

"What do you mean?" Her eyebrows knitted in perplexion. "Tell me." She insisted when the silence continues.

He broke the silence.

"They didn't inform you, did they?" Hoya asked with a hint of worry.

"So far as I'm concerned, I think they didn't." Sari slammed her fists on the table.

"I don't even know about a damn thing. How could they?!" She added with a hint of anger.

"They just wanted to protect you." Hoya calming down his cousin.

She composed herself and let out a deep sigh.

"You know you're the heir of our clan. That's why I will do what it takes to protect you but I failed at some point." Hoya felt bad when he ended. He lowered his head down and felt ashamed of himself.

"You didn't fail Hoya, you saved me and that's what matters."

Sari stood up from her seat and decided to seat beside her grim cousin.

She patted his back and she continued, "I know you're the best. Don't feel bad, it's unlike you."

Then the patting turned into a powerful smack to Hoya's back.

"Ack!!" He paled, "Y-yes, couz. Please don't do that again. I'll be happy as a butterfly." He coughed.

"Good." Sari smiled in contentment. "Let's just talk about this next time. You need to go to work and so am I."

Hoya averted his head towards her and inching his face near to hers.

"This time, you will stay right here and rest. I don't want your wound to end up banged up again!!" Hoya frowned.

"You know it's hard to re-stitch your wound again. You're skin will end up distorted." He ended clutching his head.

She gave up for the sake of her cousin, "Okay, okay. I'll stay this time. Just tell it to my manager that I'm not feeling well."

"Thank you!!" He thanked the heavens.

"I will buy you something good to eat after my shift." Hoya stood up from his seat and patted her. Sari groaned from his action.

"Be a good girl and get some rest. Ja!!" He added and went out for his work.

 

Sari stayed in her bedroom to finish up all her assignments and did the reading for the next lecture. Now she got bored after doing everything she needed. She went to her bed and lied with her arms stretched out as she is staring up on the ceiling.

What to do? She looked around and her gaze landed at the window. She jumped out from her bed and wore her bedroom slippers.

As she stood in front of her bedroom's medium sized window, she opened it. A cool night's breeze passed to her and she shivered in delight.

"That felt so good." She leaned on the window's frame and gaze at the moon.

Then, she saw a nearby playground only a  few steps away from the apartment. She decided to have a little walk but she thought of her cousin. He might get worried for her.

She glanced at the clock and confirmed that it is only an hour away before her cousin's shift ends.

"Go or not to go?" She contemplated for a little bit and decided to choose the first one. She can manage herself despite the wound.

Once she was outside, she walked near to the bench and sat on it. She brought out her walkman and wore her headphone. She played her favorite music.

Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFDvcR7Ozbg

(A/N: Disclaimer: Not mine. It belongs to Yoko Shimomura. I love Kingdom Hearts. I think I'm gonna cry ;_; )

This feels so great. She closed her eyes and savored the breezy moment. She leaned on comfortably and suddenly she gave a serene smile for herself.

 

Not from afar, one guy walking down the street from the distance and saw her.

"Oh, it's her!"

 

"Oh I see then. I understand. Thanks for informing me Hoya-ssi." The manager said as he had a talk with Sari's cousin.

He nodded and bowed before going home. Earlier, he had a bad feeling that Sari won't just comply easily. He hastened his walking while carrying a plastic bag full of instant ramyeon and her favorite coffee flavored ice cream.

"Please be home." Hoya muttered and felt a wave of deja vú.

Did this happen last time? Hoya knitted his eyebrows in deep thought.

"Nevermind, gotta get home fast." Hoya shrugged the thought away.

 

"Hello?" The unknown man approached the relaxed girl and tried again calling out to her, "Hellooo?"

She didn't budge and the unknown man decided to tap her shoulder.

She responded when she sat up properly from a relaxed position.  She let her one eye open and gazed at the disturbance, that's what she thought. But she knew there's no threat from the man who disturbed her.

She removed her headphone and asked in a cold tone, "What do you want?"

He flinched at the icy question that Sari spouted, "Nothing but do you remember me?" He pointed to himself as the nervousness came unto him.

She furrowed her eyebrows and she came up with her answer and that is,

"No."

His heart shattered into a million pieces and his soul flew out from his body animatedly.

"Do I suppose to know you?"

He felt an arrow just pierced through him yet again and he is feeling a lot of emotional pain right now.

After a few minutes of pitying himself, he recovered and introduced himself.

"I'm Nam Woohyun from earlier on the rooftop."

Sari gave him a bored look but looking back at that time she suddenly remembers him. Her brain lit up as the memories of the meeting came into her mind.

"Ah, I remember. You're the one who asked if I'm okay." Then Woohyun's face grinned recovering from Sari's icy words attack.

"Yeah, that's me!" Woohyun exclaimed and sat down beside Sari. She suddenly inched away from him but he didn't seem to notice.

Then it's his turn to ask her name, "What about you? What's your name?"

"Kim Sari." She replied monotonously and leaned on the bench.

"Nice to meet you, Sari." He smiled widely as he swinged his feet back and forth.

"What are you doing out here anyway?" Woohyun asked again and Sari just replied boredly.

"For fresh air."

And an awkward silence came but for Sari it didn't matter. She is used to this and talkative people drains her.

"Where's your cousin?" He asked again.

"At work." She yawned.

"Are you sleepy?" He asked again and this time her vein popped. Her patience is running out.

"No." Her eye twitched in irritation.

Woohyun saw that and didn't bother to ask anything. He had a feeling he might get killed on the spot if he ask another question. He flashbacked earlier where she jabbed her cousin on the side and it looked very painful. He winced at the thought.

He skimmed through the things he bought and decided to give her a box of strawberry flavored peppero. He placed it next to her.

"Ok then, I'll be going. See you, take care of yourself." He stood up from his seat and started to walk away.

Sari didn't bother to see him away and just sat there on the bench savoring the last few minutes before her cousin goes home. When she moved around to find a comfortable position, she noticed a box of treat beside her and she stared at it. 

Then she looked to where he was gone at but didn't see him.

"Thank you." She muttered under her breath and took the box of tasty treat. She munched on in with delight when she opened the package.

 

After a few minutes, she noticed a familiar presence nearing to the area. She picked up the aura and no doubt it's from her cousin who is getting nearer any minute.

She took the last bite on the strawberry flavored biscuit and threw the box on the trash bin.

She became vigilant and quickly flash stepped away back into the apartment.

 

Sari let out a sigh of relief and sat down on the sofa like nothing ever happened. Hoya placed all the instant ramyeon in the cabinet of their kitchen. Then he took out a coffee flavored ice cream for you.

"Sari, I bought your favorite! I'm just gonna put this in the freezer." Hoya gleefully said and Sari thanked him.

"So what did you do while I was away?" He interrogated her as he sat down beside her.

"I did all my homework." She said truthfully but left out the other truth.

He raised his brow in suspicion, "Is that all?"

"Yeah." She replied calmly.

"Ok, if you say so." Hoya stood up and started to walk to his bedroom. "I'm tired. Good night couz."

He let out a loud yawn as he stretched his arms in the air and closed the door by using his foot.

Sari still seated to where she is and sighed again in relief, That was close.

 

Last day of the school this week and the cousins rejoiced. 

The two are already on the rooftop again and continued from where they left off about the enemy.

"I'm going to tell you everything." Hoya first started and Sari nodded ready to listen the full story.


Author's note: Sorry this is short but I hope you guys like it. Please comment and subscribe.