It Can't Be

Last Descendants

Chapter IX: It Can't Be

 

"Wow, this is great umm..." Sari trailed as she a leftover ice cream from her spoon.

"You have got to be kidding me Sari." Dongwoo pouted as he bit the last end of the cone.

He faked a sob at her and she stuck her tongue out in embarassment. How could she not remember the name who treated her to the ice cream parlor.

Then the two guys caught up with them, Myungsoo and Woohyun.

"Hey Sari, would you like to play with me at the shooting range?" Woohyun quickly asked her but Myungsoo butted in.

"Hey Sari, how about going to the horror house with me?"

Sari blinked at the two of them as she finished her large cup of ice cream.

"I don't know. Where's Hoya?" She asked them but shook their heads.

Suddenly, Hoya came to them whose now holding something in his hands.

"Couz, where have you been?" She jogged up to him and threw the ice cream cup, near the bin, along the way.

"I just went to a souvenir shop and I bought these." Hoya held it up and Sari awed at the things she's seeing.

"Woah, that's cool." She exclaimed.

Hoya gave one to her and he kept the other, "I think they're the last two on the stock so I bought it."

Sari held it up in level to her eye and smiled. It is a mini samurai sword with a colored light blue hilt with a matching scabbard.

She hugged Hoya tightly, "Thank you very much couz. This is the best."

"You are so welcome my precious couz." He hugged back and broke it after a few seconds.

Then Hoya showed his, "I got mine a purple one. How lucky of me." He chuckled.

Both of the fistbumped and laughed cheerfully.

Meanwhile, on the three guys.

"Man, I am so jealous of him." Woohyun bit his lip and Myungsoo agreed.

"Same here pal." Myungsoo patted his back.

Dongwoo just bought another ice cream and smiled at the two cousins.

 

After a while, all of them gathered in a restaurant after riding the rides. (Heh~)

"Hey there, Happy Birthday." Sunggyu greeted then followed by Sungyeol and Sungjong.

"Thanks guys." Hoya gratefully said and asked them as he glanced at the menu.

"What do you like?"

"Just order three family sized pizzas." Sari suggested.

"I agree." Dongwoo said and Sungjong nodded.

"Ok then." Hoya stood up from his seat and Sari followed. Hoya halted her, "Just sit there Sari and I'll order."

Sari rigorously shook her head, "Na uh, I'm coming with you. I need to pitch in."

"Don't worry, I got money. Be right back." He patted Sari's shoulder and walked up to the counter.

Then Dongwoo suddenly stood up from his seat, "I'll accompany your cousin."

"I'll pitch in." He whispered to Sari's ear and she followed suit because she has a stubborn personality.

"Me too." She exclaimed and followed Dongwoo. Both of them went to the counter.

 

"Um, what are they doing?" Sungjong asked. Sungyeol shurgged and Sunggyu just sat there comfortably.

While the two felt uneasy but both of them won't give up, they're just tired for today.

 

"Thanks for everything, everyone." Hoya said and Sari waved at them tiredly.

The Infinite took off and leaving them at the entrance of the amusement park.

"Well, that was fun. Don't you think so?" Hoya glanced at her tired pretty face, even though the eye patch is in the way.

She nodded drowsily and leaned on his shoulder.

"Aigoo, my warrior princess is tired." He slightly pinched her cheeks.

Suddenly, a light spark brighten up the night sky.

Sari jolted and both of them turned around.

"Oh there are fireworks display today!" Hoya exclaimed and watched at the amazing pyro performance.

Sari did the same but now with agape and twinkling eyes.

Hoya took a glance at her and felt a strange feeling whirred in his chest. His stare took longer than a minute and Sari glanced up at him.

"What's wrong Hoya?" She asked with a hint of worry and Hoya snapped out from his daze.

"N-nothing." He broke the stare and looked at the fireworks display again.

"Ok, if you say so."

The night goes on for them and it is a unforgettable memory of a lifetime.

Then the next three days, the life of Kim Howon, a.k.a Hoya, changed his life forever.

 

The next day, Hoya and Sari started training soon as they woke up on the first day of the week, their usual routine. After a daily dose of sweat, they ate their breakfast and peace when suddenly...

CRAAAAAACK

The windows shattered and shards of glass fell to the floor by the strong impact of the kunai being thrown at them.

The kunai stuck in between of them and has a note attached to it. Sari quickly took and read it.

Soon, your life will be over Princess

Hoya quickly took the note from her grasp and read it. Sari took off from her seat and tried to sense if the enemy is still there within the area.

But it seems he is gone already, much to Sari's dismay.

Hoya jumped out from his seat and clasped her hand tightly, "Don't worry. I will protect your life."

He gave her hand a slight grip to indicate that everything will be fine.

"Don't worry too. I'm just not some princess that needs to be protected. That's why I train with you, right?"

She gave him a determined smile.

"Right."

 

In the afternoon, the cousins decided to go home early and warily went out of the campus when the Infinite blocked them.

"Hey guys, going to part time?" Sungyeol asked.

"No, we have some things to do." Hoya said seriously and Sari started looking warily around her. She doesn't want to happen last time.

"Ok then." Sungyeol is now hesistant to approach the duo and let them go.

The Infinite gang perplexed by their strange behavior when suddenly Sungyeol had a devious idea popped into his mind.

"Let's follow them." He bluntly said that made Sungjong gasped.

"You wouldn't dare. You know how they are." Sungjong shivered at the thought when Hoya protected Sari from him because of the attempt to remove her eyepatch.

"It's killing me, seriously." Sungyeol admitted and Myungsoo kind of want to agree to his insane plan.

"I'm in." Myungsoo said with no hesitation and Woohyun followed too.

"Me too." 

Sunggyu pinched at the bridge of his nose and he really doesn't want to involve in this kind of childish games, or maybe he is getting old.

Dongwoo just followed the agreeing group with silence.

"Ok then, let's go. Mission Impossible time." Sungyeol animatedly held a gun onto his face and posed like a weirdo.

"Sheesh, please be normal." The youngest said and the weirdo fumed.

"Please, let's just get this over with and go home." The eldest irritatedly announced and went over to follow the cousins.

 

Meanwhile, Hoya and Sari flash stepped all the way and arrived to their apartment shortly.

The clock struck exactly at six o'clock and decided not to wear the eye patch.

Then a wave of devious aura lingered in their residence alerting them of their presence.

"They're here." Sari monotonously said and Hoya nodded.

Both of them went to their rooms instantly and wore their modernized samurai armors.

After getting everything ready, they set off and went to the designated place of battle.

 

The Infinite arrived at the cousins apartment and hid behind the bushes to the nearest playground.

"Um, why are we hiding?" Dongwoo asked and the three hushed him which are Sungyeol, Myungsoo and Woohyun.

"They might see us." Sungyeol whispered and Sunggyu face palmed.

He thought, how could they see them when they're almost not in sight to be seen by them.

He stopped his train of thoughts when his back ached so he decided to stretch a little by looking up.

However, his eyes widened at the sight above, despite the invisibility of his eyes.

He saw two people on the roof with an armor, one girl and one boy with a sword on their sides.

"H-hey guys, look up!!" Sunggyu exclaimed and the guys looked up and their mouth gaped at the sight before them.

Dongwoo felt their familiar facades and stuttered, "H-hoya and S-sari?!"

"N-no way. Is that them?!" Sungjong repeatedly blinked.

Myungsoo pinched himseld and let out a howl, "It's really them."

"What are they?" Woohyun still can't believe on what he saw.

"Samurais?" Sungyeol blurted and the Infinite agreed on that.

During their statements of shock and surprise, the cousins set off.

"Hey, they flew in the air. I-i mean-" Sunggyu stumbled getting up and the way of his words right now.

So Dongwoo completed it, "Let's go."

All of them got up and followed the cousins quickly.

They didn't know what was happening but curiosity and worry got the best of them.

However, you know what everybody say in this situation.

Curiosity killed the cat.


Author's note: Sorry for late update, ahehe. I think this is a crappy update for me. I have mental block for weeks. Oh I wish I could be creative like other people, more creative. But I am hoping you will like the update. Thank you!! Please comment and subscribe. Writing is a source of relief and joy for me, especially if someone comments. I want to improve.