Not Used To It

Last Descendants

Chapter XXIX: Not Used To It

 

After Hoya found out Sari's real feelings for him and Sari confessed, the next morning it became... awkward. Why? Because they are not used to it. Sari woke up feeling different from before, likewise with Hoya.

When they both exited from their bedrooms, they saw each other and stared. But after a few seconds, they looked away with their faces tainted with redness. Especially Sari, who is going to explode from the heat she felt. Hoya felt his heartbeat pounds a thousand times from normal.

"H-hoya, good morning." Sari composed herself and greeted Hoya even though her face is still flushed. Hoya faced her and snickered. Sari puffed out her cheeks, "Why are you laughing?" Sari became herself again and she put her hands on her waist.

Hoya smiled warmly, "I can't stop it, you're way too cute." And then, he suddenly cuddled Sari. He kissed Sari's forehead and she blushed again. Not used to it.

"Let's be comfortable, ok?" Hoya broke the hug and messed Sari's hair. Sari stuck her tongue out to Hoya.

"I'll be cooking breakfast. Go wash up." Hoya said and gave her a wink.

"Really? A wink? Hajima." Sari rolled her eyes and went to her own washroom to take a bath.

Hoya just smiled and started preparing for breakfast.

 

Hoya and Sari sat face to face with each other on the dining table. They are now eating peacefully when Hoya thought of an idea. Hoya took a piece of sausage from his plate and put it in front of Sari. Sari looked at him confused.

"Say ah." Hoya said and Sari laughed.

"Yah, so cheesy." Sari said but she just ate it anyway.

"Since we are official, we're gonna do this more often." Hoya chomped his food happily like a kid.

"Ey, you know I can eat by myself. I have two hands." Sari put up her two hands.

"I know, it's just that I envy other couples doing that."

Sari didn't know what to say, "I didn't know you were so cheesy."

"Yah, you're making fun of me."

Sari laughed, "I just like you the way you are. Just do like we always do."

Hoya agreed, "Arasseo, nae gongju-nim."

"Yah! Not the princess part." Sari flicked Hoya's head.

"Ow! You're still a warfreak." Hoya rubbed his head where it hurts.

 

When Sari and Hoya finished their breakfast, instead of using flash-stepped to get to their school, they walk like normal students to get to their destination. They walked side by side, still feeling awkward even after their bickerings on the dining table.

Sari took out her earphones and wore it. Hoya glanced at her and thought of something again. Hoya walked closer to Sari and swiftly grabbed her hand and intertwined hers with his. Sari is taken aback by his gesture and felt tingly all over because of his touch. Sari's cheeks pinked and looked down. Hoya smiled and he pulled Sari closer to him.

"Ey, don't be shy. It's just me." Hoya gave teasing smile. Sari looked up and saw Hoya's expression. She puffed out her cheeks.

"You're a meanie. You have been teasing me even more nowadays." She pouted.

"Well, because I really like you that's why I even like to tease you so much." Hoya said and Sari kept quiet.

"Teasing you makes us comfortable, right? It's one way to get us even closer."

Sari never thought that, she agreed to that.

"Yeah, you're right. I admit."

Hoya grinned back, "Glad to know you agreed with me."

"Oh shut up."

 

When they almost arrived at the school, Sari suddenly thought that nobody knows they're not related. To the eyes of the student body, they're still seen as 'cousins'.

Sari let go of Hoya's hand and he is surprised about it.

"What's wrong?" Sari and Hoya stopped. Hoya looked at Sari with worried expression.

"I forgot that we're still cousins in their eyes." Sari saddened at the thought.

Hoya sighed and smiled widely, "You know what? You're really such a girl."

"What are you talking about?" She stuck her tongue out to him.

"I mean is that, you don't need to worry. They don't have any business with us. Let the world see and I don't care what anyone thinks about us. Alright, my princess?"

Sari breathe a sigh of relief, in her thought - Hoya can be reliable at all times when it comes to these things.

"Yeah, you're so dependable. And don't call me princess you babo!" She slapped his arm.

"Hey, aw! You know that you can't control your strength, right?"

"No, I really don't." Sari said it sarcastically and she sweetly smiled at him.

 

"Look who's here." Dongwoo said and snickered. "Glad to see you two are together or I'm gonna jump of the building if you don't."

Dongwoo approached the two and hugged his best bud, Hoya. And also, Sari like his little sister.

"In the past few days, it's suffocating when the two of you are ignoring each other. It killed everything especially the mood and the food." Dongwoo made a goofy grin.

"Crap, it rhymes." He added.

The two just shook their heads at Dongwoo's silliness.

"So, what's the status?" Dongwoo asked.

Hoya and Sari brought their intertwined hands up with smiles on their faces.

"Congrats!! So happy that you two are together." Dongwoo wiped a an imaginary tear from his eyes.

Then Sari noticed Dongwoo's friends aren't with him, "Hey Dongwoo oppa, where are the other guys?"

"Oh yeah, where are they?" Hoya looked around.

"They went first." Dongwoo grinned, "They still don't know that you two made up and are a couple." Dongwoo squealed like a girl. "They thought if they see you two are still ignoring each other, their day would be ruined. So they went first."

"Oh I see." Hoya nodded.

"Heol, you're such a girl." Sari laughed. "A squeal? You're better than me."

"I don't know if that is a compliment." Dongwoo shrugged.

 

Since the two are known to the school campus, the students talked about the two endlessly with their gossip but the two are paying no mind to what they say about them. Some girls and boys are disappointed because they're taken to each other. Some are shocked to what they're seeing. Some really don't pay attention to what's happening but stares and glares can't be avoided. The hands of the two are still intertwined like announcing to the whole world they're together now.

Sari sighed, "This is harder than I thought."

"About what?" Hoya looked at Sari.

"Being the center of attention." She sighed again for the second time.

"Well, get used to it. It's not like someone will claw you or eat you." Hoya laughed.

"Yeah, right." Sari sarcastically replied then a group of girls suddenly appeared in front of them.

"Speaking of the devils, I think someone wants to kill me." Sari said calmly. Hoya blinked twice.

The leader of the girls, wearing a ridiculous thick make-up, stepped forward, "What's the meaning of this?"

Sari looked at Hoya and she pointed at the girls, "See? I told you so."

"Hey, I don't know what's happening." Hoya looked at Sari confused.

"You have fangirls, you babo!" Sari let go of Hoya's hand and smacked his head.

"I do?" Hoya raised an eyebrow.

"Don't act stupid. I'm sure you're very happy." Sari looked away and started to walk away from the scene when the thick make-up girl stopped her.

"Where are you going?" Her eyepitch voice deafened Sari.

"Away from you. Gosh, you have ugly voice." Sari added oil to the fire.

"What the hell did you say?" The leader had an angry expression but Sari isn't bothered by it.

"And now you're deaf. You must be deaf now because of your voice." Sari snickered.

"Now you did it." The leader started to attack Sari but then Hoya guarded. Sari was surprised by him.

Those who are present on the hallway watched the commotion and also those to who piqued their interest watching the fight.

"H-hoya oppa." The leader of the gang stopped and she backed away.

Hoya had an ominous aura surrounded around him and his expression became fierce.

"Don't you dare hurt my princess or I'll kill you." Hoya threatened the girl and she ran away as well as the other girls with her.

After Hoya's threat talk, Sari gave him a backhug. Some students wolf whistled and the others cheered. While others are feeling jealous of their relationship.

"I didn't expect you to do that. But you know, I can fight them by myself."

Hoya broke the hug and faced Sari, "I know but I will always protect you. I promised, remember?"

Sari smiled in defeat, "I remember. Now let us go to the classroom."

"As you wish, my princess." Hoya bowed like a butler and Sari slapped Hoya's arm.

"Cut the crap."

After going away from the crowd, the two suddenly heated up and their hearts started pounding so fast.

I never thought I would do that in front of everybody. The two thought of it at the same time.

Well, they're not used to it.


Author's note: Gah! So cheesy but I wanted a guy like Hoya XD